Just Something I Read Tonight

Paul’s mighty epistle to the church at Rome. 8th chapter vv 1-8:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Typical double standard. Everyone can make fun of Jesus Christ. But if you began a thread on homosexuality…WATCH OUT if you made any off hand remarks - Then you’d be homophobic. [/quote]

The butthurt is strong with this one.

Inb4 comments about my age or country.[/quote]

I hear you but these are two entirely different circumstances. If a poster says something out of youthful ignorance, repeatedly, he deserves a blast. He earned it. But if someone is making a point and happens to mention that they’re gay they don’t deserve to read, or see anti-gay jokes. In the same way the op began a thread which was obviously meaningful to him. Hence, he does not deserve to have the God that he worships mocked.

Can you see the difference?

Respect is a two way street Mak

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Respect is a two way street Mak[/quote]

You could do with reading your own words bud.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

You could do with reading your own words bud.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. I’m far from perfect. But there is a tendency on your part, and on the part of a few others on your side, to not exactly have much empathy for people of faith. And when we don’t have empathy the rhetoric is never quite nasty enough. And yes I am guilty of it as well.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]flashgordon wrote:
1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. [/quote]

Of all the levels of quality scripture I find this one disturbingly lacking.[/quote]

If you have a moment would you please share one the the quality ones you enjoy?
Serious.

[quote]JEATON wrote:
If you have a moment would you please share one the the quality ones you enjoy?
Serious.[/quote]

I’ll Play…

One New…
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgements, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him? For from him, and through him, and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever!
One Old…
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. [/quote]

Of all the levels of quality scripture I find this one disturbingly lacking.[/quote]

Show me one you have actually read recently then bro. If you knew anything about the bible you would know that this is one off the most meaningfull verses there is for the christian.

Did you understand it???[/quote]

Means those baptized and repentant are free of condemnation. Glad we cleared that up.

No worries, let me know if I can help you out any further brother.

No worries, let me know if I can help you out any further brother.[/quote]

What?

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

What?[/quote]

Lol. I love PWI sometimes.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

What?[/quote]

Lol. I love PWI sometimes. [/quote]

First time someone has reacted like that when I have blatantly disagreed with them. Wondering if they read me right.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

What?[/quote]

Lol. I love PWI sometimes. [/quote]

First time someone has reacted like that when I have blatantly disagreed with them. Wondering if they read me right.[/quote]

I was reading it with Desmond’s from Lost’s voice, thinking of the final season, and it just made it that much better and more surreal.

:slight_smile:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Typical double standard. Everyone can make fun of Jesus Christ. But if you began a thread on homosexuality…WATCH OUT if you made any off hand remarks - Then you’d be homophobic. [/quote]

The butthurt is strong with this one.

Inb4 comments about my age or country.[/quote]

I hear you but these are two entirely different circumstances. If a poster says something out of youthful ignorance, repeatedly, he deserves a blast. He earned it. But if someone is making a point and happens to mention that they’re gay they don’t deserve to read, or see anti-gay jokes. In the same way the op began a thread which was obviously meaningful to him. Hence, he does not deserve to have the God that he worships mocked.

Can you see the difference?

The “mocking” was meant in a good natured way.

Zeb, again, keep in mind of where he decided to start this thread. Since it was made in GAL, I thought I’d see what kind of response i’d get if I posted some Jesus meme’s and have some fun with the OP.

I figured between the amount of posts, the join date and the vagueness of the post, the possibilty of his thread being a sincere one was pretty slim, imo. Otherwise, he would have started it in PWI to begin with.

Again, had he posted it here, then I would’nt have even bothered to reply.