Just Saw Iron Man

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
Is that anything like the Geek-chill one gets when the lights went out and the first thing you hear is Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime?[/quote]

Good times. That opening scene hooked me into that movie. That and Megan Fox.

What were the babes like in Iron Man?

Outside of the hot reporter who was played by Ricky Bobby’s wife, there wasnt much in the way of eye candy.

i honestly didnt even think about it till you mentioned it, guess that means they did their job.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
i honestly didnt even think about it till you mentioned it[/quote]

Sign of a great movie. I’m so watching this ASAP.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Outside of the hot reporter who was played by Ricky Bobby’s wife, there wasnt much in the way of eye candy.

i honestly didnt even think about it till you mentioned it, guess that means they did their job.[/quote]

I think Gwinith Paltro is Smoken!! IMO

Going to see it tonight. Considering I haven’t heard anybody anywhere give it a bad review, i’m stoked.

The scene at the end is now on you tube.

gweneth paltrow actually looked hot for once

Enjoy:
Director Jon Favreau has been very clear that Iron Man is the start of his trilogy - �??I’ve got another 2 movies in my head; I’m ready to go.�?? All the stars are signed for Iron Man 2. So what direction is the sequel going to go in?

Iron Man’s main nemesis in the comics is Manderin, a descendent of Genghis Khan who wears ten alien rings, each with their own special ability. As long time fans will have noticed, Manderin’s presence is foreshadowed in the first film - the terrorists who kidnap Stark are called the �??Ten Rings�??. Favreau wants to see Manderin emerge from the shadows, but whether that’s for the 2nd or 3rd movie is unknown.

One character we will see in Iron Man 2 is War Machine. Not only does Rhodes look at the Iron Man outfit during the first film and say �??Next time baby,�?? but actor Terrance Howard has stated - �??In the next one they make a suit for me and I become War Machine.�??

How does he end up in it? �??The beautiful thing about Marvel,�?? Howard says �??Is that they’ve always stuck with the tradition of staying truthful to the comics.�?? - In the comics, Tony Stark turned to alcoholism after a hostile takeover of Stark Enterprises, and Rhodes was forced to take his place in the Mark III suit. But, in the same way as would happen if you borrowed a friend’s underpants, Rhodes soon got headaches, started behaving erratically and eventually went on a rampage. A recovering Stark then donned a crude prototype suit to bring him down. Stark subsequently designed a heavier-armed version of the Iron Man suit for Rhodes, which became known as the War Machine armor.

So Tony Stark, it seems, is going to hit the booze. Here’s what Favreau had to say: �??Once people accept Iron Man, we have a lot of latitude tonally as to what we can do. If you look at Dark Knight, it’s very dark but people accept it, or Revenge of the Sith, it’s very dark but people brought their kids. This first film is about teaching them who these characters are�?� The alcoholism, the Demon In A Bottle, it sort of feels a little like Spiderman 3.�??

Eek Spiderman 3.

And what about alien dragon Fing Fang Foom?

�??I�??m writing a comic book now with Adi Granov,�?? says Favreau �??Where Fin Fang Foom is the bad guy. That’s what I want to see, but I don’t know if I want that in the movie right now. Eventually I’d love to get to the point where the movie could accept that and you could develop a reality where that could work.�??

Expect that to be stuffed into Iron Man 4 once Favreau has gone, perhaps.

5/5 stars baby.
That was a pretty damn good movie.
I always love it when they put together a good movie that lives past my expectations.
So many times it seems like a 12 year old could have written a better movie these days.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
gweneth paltrow actually looked hot for once[/quote]

I will hunt you down and kill you.

Watching bad copy on computer at work now, will see on Monday in the theatre hopefully no humans.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
jtg987 wrote:
gweneth paltrow actually looked hot for once

I will hunt you down and kill you.[/quote]

LoL He must not have seen Stardust

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
I love that geeking out at comic book movies is encouraged here.[/quote]

Isn’t it awesome? Seriously, I wonder how many guys here got into lifting because they grew up obsessing over comic book heroes.

TC once wrote that we lift because we’re still the knight who wants to slay the dragon to rescue the princess.

I think some of us lift because we’re still the Dark Knight, who wants to beat the Joker to a pulp to save Cat Woman. Metaphorically, of course.

Was anyone else a bit distracted by The Big Lebowski being a villain? Every time he talked, I could only hear The Dude.

I liked it a lot. I don’t know if i think it’s the best comic book movie, but I would say that few or any were better. It’s just that the movie freshest in my mind done well is the best to me.

And Paltrow did look good. I never liked her, but I was shocked when I realized it was her. She looked good.

Saw it today, great movie with good humor sprinkled in there, just wish there would be more longer fight scenes.

All in all, great movie and a must see.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Isn’t it awesome? Seriously, I wonder how many guys here got into lifting because they grew up obsessing over comic book heroes.[/quote]

Or because they saw this ad so many times it was burned into their brains. :wink:

[quote]bmitch wrote:
I saw it today… wow it really was amazing… 10/10… everything about it was great[/quote]

Best casting choices I’ve seen in a movie in a long time.

Yea dude, it was pretty good. We went in pretty blazed with hopes of seeing Harold and Kumar, but got there like 30 minutes after it started, so we saw Iron Man.
It was a pretty cool movie.

I had my doubts about Downey - but they were for naught.

Great flick. That’ll be one to add to the home collection.

Finally saw it last night.

Damn good movie. Downey and the entire cast were just perfect. JUST perfect.

(Spoiler alert)

For those of you who follow Marvel comics over the years (in my case, decades), you will note that Marvel is mixing two universes here, the Ultimate universe and the 616 universe. Because they chose Samuel L. Jackson as Fury points to the use of the Ultimates universe a little more.

Though there are aspects of the Ultimate Universe that I think are better than the original 616 Marvel universe, there are much that I don’t care for…particularly the way they portray MY favorite character, Thor.