Just Saw Iron Man

It’s 3am. I just got out of Iron Man, an advanced screening (my bro works at the theater).

Fucking. Amazing.

I’m geeking the fuck out right now. Marvel equivalent of Batman Begins, and dare I say it, even better.

The graphics were amazing. RDJr Does a GREAT job as Tony Stark. And the BIG LEBOWSKI himself has a big role. The humor was perfect, and it balanced the drama just like in the comic/cartoon.

I won’t ruin anything, but the movie is set AMAZINGLY for a sequal.

STAY FOR THE CREDITS. There is an AWESOME scene post-credits you NEED to see. It has left me frothing at the mouth in geekdom.

Three words. Samuel. L. Jackson.

There were a few slow parts, but this is a most definitely the first of a series. The final scene (post-credits) makes it clear an AWESOME sequel is on the way (I PRAY).

I won’t give it away, b/c I want you call to experience the same GEEK-chill that shot up my spine when I heard it.

I recc this movie to EVERYBODY, especially comic-book fans.

My ONLY gripe: I would have liked to see a bit more of Iron Man and a bit less of Tony Stark. However, I’m not really complaining =D.

PS: Stan Lee’s cameo is perfect, and left me rolling.

Thank you for not spoiling it.

I can’t see it until tomorrow night.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

I won’t give it away, b/c I want you call to experience the same GEEK-chill that shot up my spine when I heard it.

[/quote]

Is that anything like the Geek-chill one gets when the lights went out and the first thing you hear is Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime?

can u PM me what happens after the credits. i saw it yesterday but didn’t stay after.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I can’t see it until tomorrow night.[/quote]
I’m going Monday night, I figure the humans won’t be there in droves on a Monday and I have off Tuesday, so I don’t have to worry about getting up for work

[quote]Brown_Lifter wrote:
can u PM me what happens after the credits. i saw it yesterday but didn’t stay after.[/quote]

just got back from seeing this movie, i remember watching iron man as a kid, loved this almost as much as transformers…could you also let me know what happens after the credits please

Iron Man was badass. I bought the poster back in December or January as soon as I saw the first trailer; Iron Man was probably my favorite superhero and I was so psyched for the movie yet scared it would be a Spiderman 3-esque bomb.

It was definitely an awesome movie. I’m not sure I would place it above Batman Begins (which might be my favorite superhero movie of all time) but it is up there. My only beef is that it does a TON of “setting up” and not as much resolution but that just means that they are definitely in line for at least one sequel. I also wished they would’ve dropped the Black Sabbath song at a better point in the movie. There were at least three separate scenes in the movie where they could have dropped that Tommy Iomi opening riff and it would’ve sent chills up everybody’s spine.

I think this was one movie in which they didn’t tie so much to the comic but I think it actually improved the flow of the story for the movie.

Awesome line: “I got you next time.”

Definitely stay until the verrrry end. So glad I did this as this scene was CLASSIC. I wish the guy above wouldn’t have mentioned who it was as I don’t believe he is credited at all in the movie- it was an awesome surprise to me.

First Transformers and now Iron Man, my two childhood favorites come to life and, in my opinion, done very well.

been waiting for this,

going to see it tonight

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
It’s 3am. I just got out of Iron Man, an advanced screening (my bro works at the theater).

Fucking. Amazing.

I’m geeking the fuck out right now. Marvel equivalent of Batman Begins, and dare I say it, even better.

The graphics were amazing. RDJr Does a GREAT job as Tony Stark. And the BIG LEBOWSKI himself has a big role. The humor was perfect, and it balanced the drama just like in the comic/cartoon.

I won’t ruin anything, but the movie is set AMAZINGLY for a sequal.

STAY FOR THE CREDITS. There is an AWESOME scene post-credits you NEED to see. It has left me frothing at the mouth in geekdom.

Three words. Samuel. L. Jackson.

There were a few slow parts, but this is a most definitely the first of a series. The final scene (post-credits) makes it clear an AWESOME sequel is on the way (I PRAY).

I recc this movie to EVERYBODY, especially comic-book fans.

My ONLY gripe: I would have liked to see a bit more of Iron Man and a bit less of Tony Stark. However, I’m not really complaining =D.

PS: Stan Lee’s cameo is perfect, and left me rolling.[/quote]

I agree with all the above. Btw,Did anybody feel as thought they pushed Audi onto the audience a bit to much? I love Audi but it was a bit much. Better than GM though in Transformers.

BAD

ASS

Samuel L…Dear Lord, no one else fits better.

This is what I like to hear!

Damn…I watched it last night with my son at the 8pm showing. Can you someone pm me with what happens after the credits because I didn’t stay after the credits were rolling.

I’m in line with everyone else that said it was an awesome movie.

[quote]celibrate2047 wrote:
Damn…I watched it last night with my son at the 8pm showing. Can you someone pm me with what happens after the credits because I didn’t stay after the credits were rolling.

I’m in line with everyone else that said it was an awesome movie.[/quote]

You have mail.

I am just glad they did this right. There really isn’t shit to complain about.

Could somebody also PM me what happens after the credits, I never remember to stay (you would think i’d have learnt by now). Awesome movie. Is it just me or did batman begins start a new wave of darker and better marvel movies?

THE BEST COMIC BOOK FILM TO DATE!!!
I just hope they dont try to do to much with SLJ and keep it simpel

I can’t see it until tomorrow night.[/quote]

: (
I can’t see it until Sunday. Trying REALLY hard to avoid reviews with sneaky spoilers in them.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I can’t see it until tomorrow night.
I’m going Monday night, I figure the humans won’t be there in droves on a Monday and I have off Tuesday, so I don’t have to worry about getting up for work
[/quote]

Kevinm1: GREAT avatar. Thor is also my favorite Marvel character. I just hope the eventual Thor movie does just a good a job as folks are saying Iron man was.

I am just glad they did this right. There really isn’t shit to complain about.[/quote]

pretty much my sentiments exactly…although there is one scene were ghostface killah was supposed to make a cameo that they cut out, i was a little dissapointed but im assuming itll be in the special features once the dvd comes out

can somebody please pm what happened, i cant believe i didnt stay, i always stay, but the theater’s new heating system was screwed up and it was like 95 in that theater, and sitting in a hot room with mostly overweight comic book fans for two hours can get a bit rank.

I still would have stayed, but my date basically sprinted out of there.

–JB

Never mind, just read it on wikipedia, and i SHIT you not, CHILLS ran up my body.

Im seeing this movie again, soon.

I love that geeking out at comic book movies is encouraged here.