Just Met Mariusz!

[quote]wufwugy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
wufwugy wrote:

profx, im curious, what would pudz need to make him seem to “embody Mr. Olympia” more?

Gee, how about…compete in a Mr. Olympia contest? The guy is impressive. I am also going for more of a look of power (and eventual leanness) rather than that of simply being someone who shaves and tans (although I have never had a problem with the tan part). However, considering that is my goal, no matter how developed I would get, I could never claim to be a representative of the Mr. Olympia contest. I am not sure why you or anyone else would even make that connection.

from your first post i was under the impression you thought “Mr. Olympia embodiment” was a certain look or something. guess i was wrong.[/quote]

It is a certain look as well as a certain amount of proportion. He’s big, but he probably wouldn’t do too well at a contest. They would mark him down for his legs not being big enough and his back not being wide enough. Compared to someone like Dexter Jackson, he probably wouldn’t be taking home a trophy. My point is, it doesn’t matter because that is not what he trains for. I don’t train for that specific reason either (even though I base my goals on bodybuilders as far as size and shape). I would like to look like I can compete but could truly give a shit whether I actually do at all. I personally would rather have a look of “power” than just being big for the sake of being big.

As the years flip past Bodybuilding continues to mean even less and less to not just the average person, but to those of us who actually train!

Lee Haney along with Sergio Olivia had the best shoulder to waist ratios. Unbelievable physiques.

Mariusz along with Girard are my favorite strongman athletes.

SUPER MARIUSZ! :slight_smile:

Does anyone know the specifics of his suspension? What he has been up too?

-T

Pudz’s body is the one I aspire to have.

I read in MILO that it was thought to be for steroids. They didn’t say that with 100% certainty, but that’s what they definitely suggested.

I didn’t know you could be banned from strongmen competition for steroids…does anyone else find that amusing?

methinks there was an interview with a pro strongman on this site a while back where the interviewee commented that steroids were not tested for (except US) in strongman; it’s drugs like speed that are tested for.