Just Like a 'Real' Dessert...

i took the recipe for flax seed cupcake that was posted in one of the forums and modified it as follows:

1 scoop flaxmeal
1 scoop whey protein flavor of choice
1 egg
1/2 tsp b. soda
1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp any kind of flavoring (vanilla, coffee, almond, etc)
sweetener of choice

mix all together in a tall bowl - micro wave for 60 seconds. put that aside to cool.

take 1/2 to 1 cup of cottage cheese - add 1/2 scoop or so of protein powder, 1 tbsp flax oil - sweetener of choice (i use a blend of stevia & erythitol (sp?) - the latter removes that backtaste that comes with stevia sometimes & both are natural sweeteners that won’t affect insulin) - blend till nice and smooth creamy.

(use as much cottage cheese as you like - i make the whole tub and just eat from it for a few days…)

serve cream on top of the brownie like cake - if you let the cream sit awhile to overnite in the fridge - it thickens up really nicely and i sandwich it between two layers of brownie cake. or you can eat it like a truffle - layer of cake, layer of cream, layer of fruit, layer of cream, repeat…

sometimes i mix in some fresh berries into the cream or chopped dried unsulphured cranberries. if i’m cheating, then i may add a small ribbon of chocolate syrup & sprinkle some chopped nuts - in which case i use chocolate whey for cake and cottage cheese.

works for me - hope it works for you if you want to try!

Sounds good. try this one.

1/2 cup cottage cheese
3/4 cup regular oatmeal
1 whole egg
3/4 cup egg beaters
3 packets of splenda

makes 2 pancakes

Blend on high for about 30 sec and cook in a skillet. Tastes just like regular pancakes to me.

Throw in a little smuckers sugar free syrup and you have got a tasty healthy breakfast.

i think i will tomorrow AM - thanks!

the last time i tried to make pancakes - they kinda stuck in the craw…missed something somewhere…