Just How Heavy Do We Need to Lift?

You should read “Strength Training and Coordination” by Frans Bosch. It describes the motor control strategies used at high speeds or high forces. It discusses this topic in-depth

Start light, progress slow

Regardless, discussing this with you is no longer civil (including the way I’m responding), so I’m butting out from now

What if i wasn’t, but could still squeeze out 5 reps at twice my bodyweight? What would you say then?

2 Likes

Why not 6?

2 Likes

Because my body leverages said not to :joy:

1 Like

If you can get 6 you can get 10. And if you can get 10, you can get 15. If you can squat a weight 15 times, you can squat it for 20. :wink:

1 Like

WHO SUMMONED ME?!

5 Likes

I was squatting on my ship while crossing the South China Sea and a large wave caused the ship to rock fairly aggressively, leading to me falling backwards with the loaded bar still on my back. Had a nice bruise from that one.

5 Likes

US Navy - making “Stability Training” cool before the Bosu Ball got involved.

2 Likes

Idk if you just made that up or if someone else did, but either way I freaking love it and will totally be stealing that.

1 Like

Came up with it on the fly, but I’m sure I’m not the first.

If I am - then I want to trademark it so the navy can pay me during it’s new ad campaign =)

1 Like

Heya,

Coming into this late, but since one of my favorite sarcasm alert posters wanted to drive many of us to distraction yet again, let me add the following:

1. If you’ve lifted long enough, you’ve had bad things happen while lifting, seems elementary enough…no?
  2. In my experience, progressive overload has lead to more strength, more size, than any other thing…except creatine. sarcasm alert Them drugs and all…

Take care.

2 Likes