T Nation

Just Had AC Joint Surgery

Hey guys just had my right ac joint shaved due to an rotator cuff impingement. Luckily it wasn't a hooked acromion but due to hypertrophy which was the result of a key lock.

So from other peoples experience did they need both done. I think it was injury specific. Right now I have no pain in th left shoulder. Hoping this is it

Two and a half years ago. I tried to convince my surgeon to do them both at the same time. No go. I started doing the rehab I was taught on my fixed shoulder on my unfixed shoulder. I also ice it every night after I do bench and upper back work.

It took a while, but my unfixed shoulder doesn't bother me at all now, so long as I do the prehab and icing. If I skip it for too long, it starts to bother me.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

My understanding of a key lock is from a grappling/submission technique. It is a figure four arm submission that forces the shoulder into IR or ER. Here is a video for better understanding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjzU7NLh7Yw

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Oh it definitely can be painful if applied properly and forcefully and if you don't know to how properly defend it.