Just Got These Labs In, Need Help Interpreting Results

This lab work is old, but I don’t know the specifics of the most recent lab work I’ve done. I’m 25 years old and 5’10" now and ~190 lbs, but these numbers are from September 2015, when I was ~220 lbs and 23 years old. If I can remember accurately I was on 40mg Prozac, took trazodone PRN, and was more or less dependent on Adderall to get through the day. Now I’m taking much less, but I’m pretty sure the details of my most recent results this past September that showed 283 ng/dL would have similar results.

LH: 4.8 mIU/mL (normal range 1.6-8.0)
FSH: 4.5 mIU/mL (normal range 1.5-12.4)
TOTAL TESTOSTERONE: 341 ng/dL (normal range 250-1100)
FREE TESTOSTERONE: 57.3 ng/dL (normal range 35 to 155)

TSH: 2.980 uIU/mL (normal range 0.4-4)
Total T3: 143 ng/dL (normal range 75-200)
fT4: 0.9 ng/dL (normal range 0.7-1.53 ng/dL)

I’ve had my labs done again, in December 2016 where TT was 350 ng/dL , and in Sept. 2017 where it was 283 ng/dL, but I don’t know what the details of that bloodwork was. Calling doctor’s office first thing in the morning soon to see if I can get detailed info from them.

UPDATE:

Just posted labs that were received today (4/11/18), could use help figuring out what it all means.

Sorry if they’re hard to read, tried converting the PDF to JPG as best I could.

I’ve been especially tired as of late, and it could still be because of psychiatric meds I’m getting off of, but I have minimal energy and a lot of frustration due to the fact that I’m not being productive as I was.

Seeing endocrinologist on Friday, and I really want to know in advance what to talk to him about.

Please include ranges for each test as each lab can be different.

First point: Do not create multiple threads for your case, we and you both need everything in one place. Drop your other thread and take up the issue here.

We see lots of doctors pushing AD meds on guys when root cause is hormonal. So some of that might apply to you.

Both low-T and low thyroid function can drive down your energy and mood. SSRI’s can wreck sexual function making some guys feel worse again.

Please directly edit your labs above to add lab ranges. Look for pencil icon below that post.

TSH should be near 1.0, 2.9 is a big problem.
T3, T4, fT3, fT4 should be near mid-range or better.
Thyroid lab ranges are stupid. You have thyroid problems but almost all doctors will say you are normal.

Labs should test fT3, fT4
fT3 is the only active hormone and should be tested.

You can eval overall thyroid function via oral body temperatures - see below.

Your thyroid problem might be a simple case of iodine deficiency if you have not been using iodized salt. Please describe your history of that.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Sorry about that. Just edited to add ranges, and will post more here as the info comes to me.

Sorry about that. Edited lab ranges.

It wasn’t even a doctor that pushed anything per se. I was a full-time college student and had terrible concentration the year before, so I went and saw a social worker who diagnosed me with ADHD and put me on Adderall. The Adderall alone led to a bunch of panic attacks, and I misused it at the beginning anyway. So I really wanted the Adderall, thinking it would help me. I was like 20 and hadn’t even realized that I was dealing with a ton of anxiety as well.

What do you mean by history of iodized salt, are you referring to the food product?

He is referring to the food product. Many people/cultures have steered away from sources of iodine, like iodized salt, in attempt to find a “healthier” solution. In reality what has happened is people are becoming iodine deficient which is necessary for thyroid health. I won’t recreate all of the hard work KSman has put into his sticky so here you go: Thyroid Basics Explained

I see. Wow, didn’t know that. Thanks. So my sodium serum is 138, not sure where that leaves me. Those stickies are really helpful.

As a heads up, editing the thread title is unnecessary and confusing. There’s no need to do it.

That’s my mistake. Wanted to see if I could gain any insight on my numbers by prioritizing it. My fault.

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky.

Would this be accomplished by using an oral thermometer?

If you have a minute, would you be able to check my new labs?