Just Got Robbed

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[quote]LTKO wrote:
yea i know my dumb ass’s fault for leaving my wallet out in the open. but i was just wondering what would you do, cause i thought maybe i should have done something.chased them?or called the cops? well i understand it was a little bit of cash only but yea, i didnt really know what to do at that time?(i was kinda panicking) like would i be a wuss if i just said “hey just take my cash, its ok” or was it the right thing to do by standing up to them.

thats all im asking. yup. and yes, i do know its my fault for leaving it out there, but i did find out right? so yeaaaaa.

*i had some other experience once where these two guys were fighting and i just walked away, my teacher then later told me that i should have stopped them, and i had no balls for just walking away cause i was afraid to get beat up too. and i felt really bad(and like a pussy), cause inside i also thought it was the right thing to do? soo i just didnt want something like that to happen again, where my actions dont really show that im a man. something along that lines if you get it.

*and here in singapore, there are no guns or anything, so i probably wont get shot, but yea i might have gotten a severe beating.[/quote]

1. What would I have done? Beat their fucking ass for disrespecting me. Take my money plus whatever other money they had, claim it was all mine. Beat them up any time I see them in the future. Pretend to sleep on the bus each damn day, with my money open, and beat the fuck out of anyone that tries to take it. Rinse, repeat.

2. Second case? Mutual fight between two men? Mind your fucking business. If not mutual and someone requires aid and you can safely intervene? Intervene. If you cannot, call the authorities.

Your teacher is an idiot.

When do I get my own column. Dear Abby can’t touch me.
[/quote]

That’s a lot of talk. It’s easy to claim that your going to take down a group of 5-6 men, especially when your using the internet and a keyboard to do so.[/quote]

Here we go. There were 3 men. I’m fighting. I have fought 5 before and came out okay. It’s not recommended, but it happens when you don’t have a chance. Final score? Me: 1 lost $1000+ chain, a torn expense sweater, ruptured eardrum. Them: 1 broken jaw. 1 broken wrist. 2 runaways and unkown damage to their escape vehicle from my frisbee tossing a harrisburg, pa city trash lid at the car.

Get a life and get of my nuts. I’m not 16. 3 unarmed “malays” take my money, we are fighting. 3 normal sized unarmed guys under 200 or so take my money, we are fighting. Period.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]LTKO wrote:
yea i know my dumb ass’s fault for leaving my wallet out in the open. but i was just wondering what would you do, cause i thought maybe i should have done something.chased them?or called the cops? well i understand it was a little bit of cash only but yea, i didnt really know what to do at that time?(i was kinda panicking) like would i be a wuss if i just said “hey just take my cash, its ok” or was it the right thing to do by standing up to them.

thats all im asking. yup. and yes, i do know its my fault for leaving it out there, but i did find out right? so yeaaaaa.

*i had some other experience once where these two guys were fighting and i just walked away, my teacher then later told me that i should have stopped them, and i had no balls for just walking away cause i was afraid to get beat up too. and i felt really bad(and like a pussy), cause inside i also thought it was the right thing to do? soo i just didnt want something like that to happen again, where my actions dont really show that im a man. something along that lines if you get it.

*and here in singapore, there are no guns or anything, so i probably wont get shot, but yea i might have gotten a severe beating.[/quote]

1. What would I have done? Beat their fucking ass for disrespecting me. Take my money plus whatever other money they had, claim it was all mine. Beat them up any time I see them in the future. Pretend to sleep on the bus each damn day, with my money open, and beat the fuck out of anyone that tries to take it. Rinse, repeat.

2. Second case? Mutual fight between two men? Mind your fucking business. If not mutual and someone requires aid and you can safely intervene? Intervene. If you cannot, call the authorities.

[/quote]

I agree with your 2nd scenario but you’re kind of over the top (not in a Stallone sort of way) with that assessment. Kid’s 18 yrs old in Singapore and got 20 bucks taken from his wallet by a GROUP of guys. Not a fair fight, I hope you were being satirical in this assesment BG.[/quote]

His question was “what would you do”. I’m not 18. There were 3. I’m 265-270. I’m trained. If I get my hands on someone untrained, they are out of the fight immediately. I said exactly what I would have done. There would have been a fight that day. And I’m willing to take a loss if need be. As for sitting on the bus each day feigning sleep and bait money? Satire…I think :slight_smile:

[quote]LTKO wrote:

[quote]LTKO wrote:

[/quote]

ok i probably cant do the first, maybe ill do it some other time in the future when i gain another 40lbs or something like that. and for the second, one guy was getting beat up real bad. (one knew muaythai, the other. did not.) and im kinda relieved that you think my teacher is an idiot. don’t feel as bad now.
[/quote]

Doesn’t sound like a mutual fight to me. Render aid. If you cannot, call for assistance, get help. Yes, your teacher is an idiot.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]LTKO wrote:

[/quote]

That’s a lot of talk. It’s easy to claim that your going to take down a group of 5-6 men, especially when your using the internet and a keyboard to do so.[/quote]

Here we go. There were 3 men. I’m fighting. I have fought 5 before and came out okay. It’s not recommended, but it happens when you don’t have a chance. Final score? Me: 1 lost $1000+ chain, a torn expense sweater, ruptured eardrum. Them: 1 broken jaw. 1 broken wrist. 2 runaways and unkown damage to their escape vehicle from my frisbee tossing a harrisburg, pa city trash lid at the car.

Get a life and get of my nuts. I’m not 16. 3 unarmed “malays” take my money, we are fighting. 3 normal sized unarmed guys under 200 or so take my money, we are fighting. Period.[/quote]

All I hear is more talk, except this time you inserted the word Frisbee.

And if your not 16, than you would know that there is a time to be logical, and cut your losses, because it sounds like you lost more than they did in that fight.

Stand up for what you believe in, but also realize that those that are closest to you in life will respect you for making the smart decision, not the coolest.

Based on BodyGuard’s posts of the past, his replies in this thread are completely consistent with his usual demeanor. He’s not posturing.

Also, the OP asked “what would YOU do?” BG just answered honestly what HE would do… which isn’t necessarily what a kid should do.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]LTKO wrote:

[/quote]

I agree with your 2nd scenario but you’re kind of over the top (not in a Stallone sort of way) with that assessment. Kid’s 18 yrs old in Singapore and got 20 bucks taken from his wallet by a GROUP of guys. Not a fair fight, I hope you were being satirical in this assesment BG.[/quote]

His question was “what would you do”. I’m not 18. There were 3. I’m 265-270. I’m trained. If I get my hands on someone untrained, they are out of the fight immediately. I said exactly what I would have done. There would have been a fight that day. And I’m willing to take a loss if need be. As for sitting on the bus each day feigning sleep and bait money? Satire…I think :slight_smile:
[/quote]

aha … gotcha … I misunderstood. I thought you were telling what he should do…my bad

what would I do? I wouldnt put myself in a position to become a victim. Would I fall asleep in public? NO, would I not have my belongings secure? NO

Its only 20 bucks, chalk it up to a lesson learned…a CHEAP lesson.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
what would I do? I wouldnt put myself in a position to become a victim. Would I fall asleep in public? NO, would I not have my belongings secure? NO

[/quote]

Agreed.

And props to BG if that’s his normal demeanor, but logically I think it is smarter to cut your losses and move on, especially if it’s over $20. Family/friends/things important to you are an entirely different matter.

[quote]LTKO wrote:
i feel like shit now. was trying to sleep in the bus, left my wallet on my bag. then this three malay guys came up and their loud music woke me up. then i saw one of them stuffing money into his pocket. then he stood up and told the rest to get off at the next stop, and i saw my wallet behind him. i confronted them and they started denying it. got off the bus, asked them to return my money nicely, they wanted to pick a fight. i refused and insisted they give my money back. i got back 12bucks cause in that moment of panic i only thought i had 12 bucks in it. but it was about 20+.

feel like shit cause they still managed to get away with my money. though i feel a bit good as i stood up to them, one of them looked me in the eye and asked to fight and i didnt back down while i would have, before i started lifting.
mind you i was afraid man, first time this happened to me and there were three of them. but

damn,im still pissed that they got away with it.sigh.so, anything like this happen to you guys before? and what would you have done/did. id like to be more prepared next time.[/quote]

Buy one, learn how to use it well, carry it. Sucks that you left cash in your bag, kudos for getting some of it back though.

Edit- Oh, you’re in singapore, no guns. Sorry, way to show my ignorance/that I didn’t read any of the other posts. Still sucks you got robbed.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

All I hear is more talk, except this time you inserted the word Frisbee.

And if your not 16, than you would know that there is a time to be logical, and cut your losses, because it sounds like you lost more than they did in that fight.

Stand up for what you believe in, but also realize that those that are closest to you in life will respect you for making the smart decision, not the coolest.[/quote]

Well, you’re assuming I’m always logical. I’ll quite plainly admit that I am not. When I decide to do that thing, the decision is made. It’s not always logical, it just is. A calculating mind is the mind of a coward…always weighing win and loss. I’m no fool, but like I said, I’ll take my chances with 3 unarmed “malays” or 3 regular guys.

[quote]admbaum wrote:

[/quote]

You never fell asleep on the bus? I assume you don’t commute. I fall asleep on NJ Transit at least 3x a week LOL.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]admbaum wrote:

[/quote]

Agreed.

And props to BG if that’s his normal demeanor, but logically I think it is smarter to cut your losses and move on, especially if it’s over $20. Family/friends/things important to you are an entirely different matter.[/quote]

I’m not looking for “props”. If you pore over my thread response history, you will see me consistently preach against violence. I hate to witness violence, because I hate bullies and 99% of the violence I witness, someone perpetrates it from a position of strength which makes it cowardice in my opinion. And a coward in my book is not a man that is incapable of defending himself, a coward is a man that would capriciously perpetrate violence against his fellow man simply because he can get away with it. I spend as much time saving our nightclub patrons from our bouncers as I do from each other, because seeing a weaker man harmed insults my sensibilities and sensitivities. I’m the best friend a person could have, but a nightmare of an enemy. In my personal life, I don’t start shit. I’m polite. I say excuse me. I make a reasonable effort to treat everyone with respect. If I’m wrong, I apologize. My word is good. If I say it’s sunny outside, you have no need to check the window. However, when I’m disrespected, in spite of that effort, I become what you would deem “illogical”. So be it. I’m okay with it. I have a code. I don’t ask that you understand it, applaud it or give it “props”. I’m not even saying my willingness to engage is even desirable or recommended.

i wouldnt fall asleep in public, lesson learned i guess. i also wouldnt leave my wallet in plain view and keep it in my pocket.

if the cost of seeing the doctor + time off work + revenue lost from a black eye > the cash in my wallet then i would have said something. im assuming that with 3 guys, at least one of them is going to get a good crack in and possibly do some damage to me. im no john rambo.

[quote]Mike T. wrote:
Haha, i know who stole your money. For 8 dollars i will tell you[/quote]

LAWL

I actually believe Bodyguards post…I’m not gonna look back cause the HUB doesn’t work on for some reason when I sign in. But man 260-270lbs and trained. Hell, some people don’t realize what the trained person can do. Everyone these days seems to think no1 is going to standup for themselves, even if it’s 3 guys as BG has pointed out. He follows some simple but set in stone rules, anyways good post BG.

As well some people don’t care what friends/family think, even if it’s wrong in their eyes. I’m sure YOU yourself have done something in your life that you wouldn’t tell a family member because you know it ain’t right.

1. I would not have fallen asleep on the bus.
  2. I probably would have gotten angry for them trying to make me their bitch because I’m young and stupid with a temper and would have fought them. Which would result in A) Me dying B) me kicking the shit out of them and feeling AWESOME.

Most likely A because I’ve seen both Ong Bak movies.

What a coincidence.

1. $20 is nothing, unless you’re a homeless person with no source of income.
  2. I wouldn’t fall asleep on the bus without all of my valuables tucked securely away.
  3. I wouldn’t take the bus.

If I had a really bad day and simply wanted to die just to purge myself of all the stress I would probably do everything in my power to kill the weakest of the three. The others could do what they wish to me while I take their friend away from them forever. Otherwise, no I wouldn’t pick any fight that isn’t worth dying for.

You got pick pocketed, so it really is you’re own damn fault for negligence. Do some traveling through some parts of China and you’ll learn to smarten up fast.

yup,thanks for the replies. like i said, its a lesson learnt. i’m embarassed and feel freaking stupid for doing it(i’ve always done it in the past and nothing happened before…ignorance i guess, so i thought nothing of it).

so yea, it was a new experience and like some of you guys said, thankfully it was a cheap lesson. so i take it most of you guys would have not done anything? considering the amount of cash in the wallet. so i guess i won’t be a pussy/not a man if i didnt do anything? just to clarify things up.

and to thebodyguard: so what do you think i should have done in this case then. though its pretty cool that you’ll take them all by yourself for disrepecting you. the money didnt actually concern me, but it was the disrepect/loss of pride that i felt actually. i can’t really explain it, but hope you get it.

I never really understood why people put money or anything else that’s valuable some where other than their pockets. Life lesson learned, move on, be glad you did get your ass beat, ect ect ect