Just Got Robbed

i feel like shit now. was trying to sleep in the bus, left my wallet on my bag. then this three malay guys came up and their loud music woke me up. then i saw one of them stuffing money into his pocket. then he stood up and told the rest to get off at the next stop, and i saw my wallet behind him. i confronted them and they started denying it. got off the bus, asked them to return my money nicely, they wanted to pick a fight. i refused and insisted they give my money back. i got back 12bucks cause in that moment of panic i only thought i had 12 bucks in it. but it was about 20+.

feel like shit cause they still managed to get away with my money. though i feel a bit good as i stood up to them, one of them looked me in the eye and asked to fight and i didnt back down while i would have, before i started lifting.
mind you i was afraid man, first time this happened to me and there were three of them. but

damn,im still pissed that they got away with it.sigh.so, anything like this happen to you guys before? and what would you have done/did. id like to be more prepared next time.

Honestly, I would never have confronted them. Is 20+ bucks worth dying over, potentially?

How about not leaving your wallet on your bag?

Not being rude, but preparation and being aware of yourself and your surroundings will make life a whole lot easier.

Trust no one. Especially yourself.

Just ftr, I’ve had stuff stolen while sleeping in public. My friend was sitting next to / leaning on a backpack of mine, and someone just walked up and took it. He didn’t notice until I woke up and questioned him about it.

You’re stressing over 20+ dollars? Be happy you’re still alive.
Man up and move on… lessons learned.

yea dude, 20 bucks, fuck it…next thing you know your either getting your ass kicked by 3 guys or getting stabbed…maybe if they stole your kid while you were sleeping than there would be some hell to pay, but 20 bucks, go shovel a neighbors house real quick and get it back!! but like AceRock said, preparation is key, lesson lived lesson learned, next time, keep your wallet in my back pocket or in your jacket inner pocket if possible…
IronWarrior

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]LTKO wrote:
id like to be more prepared next time.[/quote]

Then don’t be asleep.

Or, be big enough that they look elsewhere for their easy pickings.

Or, get a swastika tattooed on your forehead.

BBB[/quote]

Yeah ummm that last one will make you a target.

There’s no reason to worry about 20.00…I understand the principle behind it and feeling you had your space violated, but…its a 20.

“I know you guys stole my stuff, you look like you need it more that I do”

Dude, you took a small loss. I could lose/misplace more than that and not notice. You yourself didn’t know exactly how much until later. Chalk it up as a learning experience and don’t make the same mistake again. You lost less than $20, you didn’t get beat up, you didn’t beat anyone up…why is this a thread? And why is it front page news in your life?

Haha, i know who stole your money. For 8 dollars i will tell you

yea i know my dumb ass’s fault for leaving my wallet out in the open. but i was just wondering what would you do, cause i thought maybe i should have done something.chased them?or called the cops? well i understand it was a little bit of cash only but yea, i didnt really know what to do at that time?(i was kinda panicking) like would i be a wuss if i just said “hey just take my cash, its ok” or was it the right thing to do by standing up to them.

thats all im asking. yup. and yes, i do know its my fault for leaving it out there, but i did find out right? so yeaaaaa.

*i had some other experience once where these two guys were fighting and i just walked away, my teacher then later told me that i should have stopped them, and i had no balls for just walking away cause i was afraid to get beat up too. and i felt really bad(and like a pussy), cause inside i also thought it was the right thing to do? soo i just didnt want something like that to happen again, where my actions dont really show that im a man. something along that lines if you get it.

*and here in singapore, there are no guns or anything, so i probably wont get shot, but yea i might have gotten a severe beating.

So you left your dick hangin in the wind and someone took advantage of it. Welcome to Reality.

Don’t make the same mistakes. Be more aware of your surroundings. And if you’d tried to stop them, they’d have stomped you. It’s not worth the $20.

and yes. i learned not to leave my stuff out in the open again. and i wont.

You’re 18 right? At least you learned a valuable lesson at a cheap price … like what? 8 bucks? Some people lose teeth or get cut to learn that lesson.

[quote]LTKO wrote:
yea i know my dumb ass’s fault for leaving my wallet out in the open. but i was just wondering what would you do, cause i thought maybe i should have done something.chased them?or called the cops? well i understand it was a little bit of cash only but yea, i didnt really know what to do at that time?(i was kinda panicking) like would i be a wuss if i just said “hey just take my cash, its ok” or was it the right thing to do by standing up to them.

thats all im asking. yup. and yes, i do know its my fault for leaving it out there, but i did find out right? so yeaaaaa.

*i had some other experience once where these two guys were fighting and i just walked away, my teacher then later told me that i should have stopped them, and i had no balls for just walking away cause i was afraid to get beat up too. and i felt really bad(and like a pussy), cause inside i also thought it was the right thing to do? soo i just didnt want something like that to happen again, where my actions dont really show that im a man. something along that lines if you get it.

*and here in singapore, there are no guns or anything, so i probably wont get shot, but yea i might have gotten a severe beating.[/quote]

1. What would I have done? Beat their fucking ass for disrespecting me. Take my money plus whatever other money they had, claim it was all mine. Beat them up any time I see them in the future. Pretend to sleep on the bus each damn day, with my money open, and beat the fuck out of anyone that tries to take it. Rinse, repeat.

2. Second case? Mutual fight between two men? Mind your fucking business. If not mutual and someone requires aid and you can safely intervene? Intervene. If you cannot, call the authorities.

Your teacher is an idiot.

When do I get my own column. Dear Abby can’t touch me.

19 this year. still a kid. yea, well thanks for this anyway. made me realise my mistake. and hopefully ill grow from this.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[quote]LTKO wrote:

*and here in singapore, there are no guns or anything, so i probably wont get shot, but yea i might have gotten a severe beating.[/quote]

1. What would I have done? Beat their fucking ass for disrespecting me. Take my money plus whatever other money they had, claim it was all mine. Beat them up any time I see them in the future. Pretend to sleep on the bus each damn day, with my money open, and beat the fuck out of anyone that tries to take it. Rinse, repeat.

2. Second case? Mutual fight between two men? Mind your fucking business. If not mutual and someone requires aid and you can safely intervene? Intervene. If you cannot, call the authorities.

[/quote]

That’s a lot of talk. It’s easy to claim that your going to take down a group of 5-6 men, especially when your using the internet and a keyboard to do so.

[quote]LTKO wrote:

[/quote]

I agree with your 2nd scenario but you’re kind of over the top (not in a Stallone sort of way) with that assessment. Kid’s 18 yrs old in Singapore and got 20 bucks taken from his wallet by a GROUP of guys. Not a fair fight, I hope you were being satirical in this assesment BG.

[quote]LTKO wrote:

[/quote]

ok i probably cant do the first, maybe ill do it some other time in the future when i gain another 40lbs or something like that. and for the second, one guy was getting beat up real bad. (one knew muaythai, the other. did not.) and im kinda relieved that you think my teacher is an idiot. don’t feel as bad now.