Just Got Fired

TSB???

[quote]Steve8867 wrote:
imhungry wrote:
Steve8867 wrote:
…just got fired…

OH SHIT.

Why?

Didn’t clean up my work area, the shift super knew I had to leave an hour early (I was sharing a vehicle and the other party needed it before my shift was over) hell I even skipped my 5am break to get more done!

[/quote]

Have you been written up or disciplined for this or anything else?

squatz n milk

[quote]OrangeBroccoli wrote:
Hop on the welfare wagon, and enjoy the ride, which is what many Americans have to do in today’s shithole economy.[/quote]

No one has to do that, just like no one has to sit on their fat ass and eat cheetos all day.

What a pathetic fucking excuse.

i got fired once for showing up drunk for the 8th time that week. i dont get why, i mean, addiction counselors are hard to replace!

Sorry to hear you lost your job. You will find another one. Try and stay on the brighter side.

Sorry to hear it. I am not sure where you are in Georgia but take a look here and see if anything fits your qualifications.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
squatz n milk[/quote]

lol

me too i got fired .1 week ago. still looking for a job

In my country, you pretty much have to kill someone to get fired. I mean it’s ridiculous; no matter how incompetent you are, there is just no getting rid of you.

People can get fired just like that in the US? Just, “that’s it, I’ve had it. Pack your shit and get out.”

Do you get paid for a couple of weeks after, atleast?

But you have more time to lift now, right?

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:
In my country, you pretty much have to kill someone to get fired. I mean it’s ridiculous; no matter how incompetent you are, there is just no getting rid of you.

People can get fired just like that in the US? Just, “that’s it, I’ve had it. Pack your shit and get out.”

Do you get paid for a couple of weeks after, atleast?[/quote]

…eh, not really. Employers have to have a reason to fire you, like ‘you didn’t clean up your work area for the nth time’ or whatever. But yeah, they fire you, you’re out.

I think there’s some severence pay if you’re in management or have worked there a long time, but for most jobs, you get however much work you did that week and that’s it.

Sometimes I wonder how the scandinavian countries are in the first world. You defy market capitalism. And it CAN’T just be your oil.

[quote]OrangeBroccoli wrote:
Hop on the welfare wagon, and enjoy the ride, which is what many Americans have to do in today’s shithole economy.[/quote]

I have NEVER been on welfare a day in my life (41)!

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
TSB???[/quote]

…WHAT???

TSB?

Too

Stupid

Bastard

??

[quote]Otep wrote:
Mr.Purple wrote:

…eh, not really. Employers have to have a reason to fire you, like ‘you didn’t clean up your work area for the nth time’ or whatever. But yeah, they fire you, you’re out.

I think there’s some severence pay if you’re in management or have worked there a long time, but for most jobs, you get however much work you did that week and that’s it.

Sometimes I wonder how the scandinavian countries are in the first world. You defy market capitalism. And it CAN’T just be your oil.[/quote]

We just rock that much.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Steve8867 wrote:
imhungry wrote:
Steve8867 wrote:
…just got fired…

OH SHIT.

Why?

Didn’t clean up my work area, the shift super knew I had to leave an hour early (I was sharing a vehicle and the other party needed it before my shift was over) hell I even skipped my 5am break to get more done!

Have you been written up or disciplined for this or anything else?[/quote]

Well there was that one time a visiting assistant manager (for remod) kicked me in the face (she didn’t know I was behind that empty box and kicked it HARD) which caused me to yell one or more impolite word/s (language on the sales floor is a no no).

Then there was a D-day because three days of working the freight on a new isle (new to me) made me too slow (and I think made her look bad) so I was written up again…

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
squatz n milk[/quote]

HEY!
This is about me pal not your dating habits!

[quote]CDM wrote:
Sorry to hear it. I am not sure where you are in Georgia but take a look here and see if anything fits your qualifications.

[/quote]

Thanks for the link.

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:

Do you get paid for a couple of weeks after, atleast?[/quote]

LOL!

Oh damn, funny!

Not at Wal~Fart, we’re cattle not humans.

[quote]Otep wrote:
Mr.Purple wrote:

Sometimes I wonder how the scandinavian countries are in the first world. You defy market capitalism. And it CAN’T just be your oil.[/quote]

All I know is that it’s very hard to get someone fired for incompetence.

There is a initial trial period of 3 months (I think), after that, well… the employer is pretty much stuck with you. That’s not to say that it’s impossible to lose a job over here, but I’m sure you catch my drift.

I’ve spent most of my working years at sea, and there you WILL get dumped if you can’t do your job properly. There is just too few men on board to tolerate slackers. Norwegian officers are in demand, especially in the oil sector, and my impression is that competence levels in my particular profession is high.

Regular land jobs though, you just have to be careful about who you hire.

I don’t know that we defy market capitalism, as you say… We do quite well in some hard world markets, after all. Shipping, for one. Maybe we do well because even though there are a lot of slackers that mooch off the system, there really aren’t THAT many. There are only about 5 million people living here.

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
But you have more time to lift now, right?[/quote]

…I guess, but the depresstion will put a stop to that…