Just Got A Blender. Shake Recipes?

I recently got myself a blender.

Only thing I’ve tried so far was 100g oatmeal, 0.5l milk, one banana and 60g protein powder. Turned almost completely liquid, didn’t taste too bad either.

What are your recipes for some good ol’ liquid/porrage-like cals? You know, stuff that go down easy, is nutritious and actually doesn’t taste shit.

I have been blending shakes with oatmeal for a while now, but recently I began doing something different and it tasted much better along with blending better. I blended up the oats dry first until they were almost floury then added all the other ingredients and blended them together. Don’t know if you already do this, but this made oatmeal shakes taste much better and go down easier.

I do…

-alot of frozen berries
-handful oats
-2 spoons pb
-2 spoons cottage cheese
-2-3 scoops choc prot powder
-enough milk to make it smooth

Its pretty yummy

This morning I had:

2 cups of coconut milk
2 scoops of chocolate whey
2 tablespoons of instant coffee

Later:

2 cups coconut milk
2 scoops strawberry whey
1/2 cup of greek yogurt
bit of splenda

Agree with the above post about grinding the oats first. I put them in a coffee grinder first and it makes a huge difference. I’ve also put olive oil/berries/lemon-flavored fish oil. Still haven’t worked up to throwing tuna in yet.

Last night i had about a qtr cup of dark rum, blended with a teaspoon of honey and 1-2 handfuls of frozen berries.

Thats some good shit right there, but in no way healthy.

For that i usually do frozen berries with some form of berry flavour whey and instead of tap water i use that volvic touch of fruit strawberry. Pretty damned good if you make it thick enough.

Or

Chocolate protein with tbsp peanut butter; the old classic.

^^^frozen berries are your friend.

over the summer my PWO shake was 2 scoops of vanilla protein, about 2 cups of frozen mixed berries, about a 1/4 cup of frozen spinach, the liquid was mostly OJ, some grapefruit juice, and a bit of water if it got too intense. top it w/ a dollop of fat-free coolwhip and youre good to go.

but just give things a try. its easy enough

Cup of cherries
portion of frozen spinach
5 scoops of strawberry protein
1tbl of strawberry fish oil
water to desired thickness

1 banana
cup of brocolli heads
3 tbl cashew nut butter
5 scoops choc protein
milk/cream

for high carb days, i soak a cup of oats (just switched to buckwheat actually) and 2 oz raisins overnight so they are soft. then a bananna, sometimes pb, and 1/2 cup of stonyfield vanilla yogurt for digestion and flavor.

experiment! a blender is indispensable.

soaking the oats and raisins makes things much much easier and quicker.

I’ll fifth or sixth or howevermany the frozen berries. Pure win in any smoothie. After that just throw in stuff that meets your macros and doesn’t taste like poop.

V

Breakfast:

1-2 cups fat free milk (start w/ 1c; add more until smooth)
1 scoop whey
1 bannana
handfull of frozen blueberries
3-4 frozen strawberris
1 tbls spirulina
2 tbls green barley grass
1/2 tbls orange metamucil
1/2 tbls extra virgin coconut oil
1/2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp ground flax seeds
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

PM:

1/2 cup fat free milk; make smooth with H2O
1 scoop whey
1 tbls orange metamucil
1/2 tbls extra virgin coconut oil
A few ice cubes

Tastes like an orange 50/50 bar

Greek yogurt, blueberries, ice, sugar free Jello mix, and some vanilla protein powder make for an amazing shake.

Seriously, any of the sugar free Jello pudding mixes do a good job at enhancing the flavor of any shake. :slight_smile:

1.5 scoops protein
2 tbsp nut butter
1.25 cup fruit juice
.75 cup milk - or water and cottage cheese/yogurt
fruit. small portion-cherries and pineapple are awesome.
tsp honey
ice

spices: cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, vanilla or almond extract, ground cloves

This is usually my pre-workout shake. recipe from Borge Fagerli. Lots and lots of nutrients, very tasty, goes down well, fuels me for the workout, etc. Change up the protein flavor, fruit juice flavor, nut butter (can use olive oil too), type of dairy, type of fruit, and spices for variety. Your life won’t be the same.

My chick makes me a shake with about 4-5 oz water, 2 scoops Vanilla Metabolic Drive, 2 tblspns Milled Flax Seed, 2 tblspns nat PB, some Benefiber, half a shaker of ice…throw them all in and let er rip!! She adds about another half a shakers worth of ice as it blends.

IMPORTANT NOTE I’ve tried doing this with other proteins… BIG MISTAKE! I don’t know what it is about the Metabolic Drive, but that stuff just blends into a perfect consistency