Just Go to Bed Honey...

[quote]Leeuwer wrote:
That was a very well written post, regardless of the subject …
[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more…

TB

Do a recording of your baby crying.

Put an Alpha Power ghetto blaster stereo on his front door at 7 am

and pump up the volume.

It’s PLAYBACK TIME.

[quote]Trailblazer wrote:
Tadpole wrote:

Also, I would like to know your reasoning behind your move to Sweden. You clearly don’t like it there. The way I see it, you’re allowing your whole life to suck just for one girl. Is it worth it?

Tadpole, good call. Nice.

TB[/quote]

Just for the record: I believe he referred to her as “a wonderful WOMAN” not “JUST one GIRL”

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
Trailblazer wrote:
Tadpole wrote:

Also, I would like to know your reasoning behind your move to Sweden. You clearly don’t like it there. The way I see it, you’re allowing your whole life to suck just for one girl. Is it worth it?

TB

Just for the record: I believe he referred to her as “a wonderful WOMAN” not “JUST one GIRL” [/quote]

Now, please correct me if I’m wrong, but a healthy relationship is about “giving”…and, well…to be blunt, has this “wonderful woman” noticed her man is down about the current situation? Or is she not even considering it?

Not trying to sabotage a relationship…just food for thought.

Tadpole wrote:

TB[/quote]

My family is my life. And Sweden is where my wife’s family resides as well as a great place to raise a family. I’m not allowing my life to suck, because my family life is great. I also added that it normally doesn’t bother me to do things the Swedish way, its just that sometimes I long for the simple and effective measures that natures applies to these types of situations.

And its not just one girl, its two :wink:

And yes, its worth it.

Leeuwer wrote:
That was a very well written post, regardless of the subject …

Couldn’t agree more…

TB[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words.

[quote]Donzi wrote:
Trailblazer wrote:
Tadpole wrote:

TB

My family is my life. And Sweden is where my wife’s family resides as well as a great place to raise a family. I’m not allowing my life to suck, because my family life is great. I also added that it normally doesn’t bother me to do things the Swedish way, its just that sometimes I long for the simple and effective measures that natures applies to these types of situations.

And its not just one girl, its two :wink:

And yes, its worth it. [/quote]

Fair enough bro. You’re a good man, Donzi.

Just so you know, I’ve recently relocated to different country too (different reasons than you, though)…but, I know EXACTLY what you mean.

TB

Make sure those downstairs neighbors get to fully enjoy the opera you’re listening to by setting your speakers on the floor, face down if possible

What we’re all seeming to forget is that there is a little child involved…so the blaring the music thing is not practical…

hmmm…how about…hmmmm…I GOT IT!! Put a microphone in your baby’s area and hook it up to a MEGAPHONE (which is conveniently hanging outside the neighbors window/porch/whatever. When the little one makes noise, they will know what it is like!!

huh? huh? HUH???

TB

Donzi, here’s a thought. You have issue with doing something where witnesses will make you the bad guy, and rightly so.

So, just pay attention to where this guy goes, then conveniently find him on the street. Get him alone in an ally. Deal some personal justice. How is he going to prove it was you?

A couple of suggestions from someone who’s been through this.

1. Learn to play the bagpipes.
    1 a) Purchase an excellent stereo, place the speakers face down (I believe the offender lives below you) and blare some serious bagpipe music. The upside of this is that it’s not really that loud in your appartment because the speakers are pointed down.

2. Next time you knock on his door take some side cutters (or wire cutters) with an insulated handle and walk in and snip the power cord. If you’re anal, unplug it before you snip it. If you’re smart ask if you can step in to talk because it’s “cold” in the hallway or something. While you’ll still have to replace the power cord if he goes after you it’s a pretty cheap thing to replace/repair.

STU

It may seem strange, but you definitely did the manly thing. This guy was not worth the risk of loss of time and money of going to jail or any civil action - time and money that could be spent on your family. Take comfort that if this truly was a life or death situation, you would have responded with overwhelming violence.

It could be that if you talked to this guy in a calm non threating manner when he wasn’t drunk, he would apologize. He could be an asshole all of the time, or this could have been a one time thing where he really didn’t know how he was acting.

Keep us updated. Maybe you could find other neighbors that were pissed off and complain as a group to management. Maybe you could find his circuit breaker in case you want to use it in the future.

[quote]Sturat wrote:
1 a) Purchase an excellent stereo, place the speakers face down (I believe the offender lives below you) and blare some serious bagpipe music. The upside of this is that it’s not really that loud in your appartment because the speakers are pointed down.
[/quote]

Better yet pair those speakers with the biggest subwoofer you can find.

Just a few insignificant comments - firstly, nicely written but you obviously have a lot of pent up hostility.

It really isn’t about the noise is it? Be honest. You are frustrated in general. Come on if it is really about the noise there is an easy solution - there are other neighbors - talk to them. If they are bothered by the noise then get them all to speak to the noisy one - or if you need to all get together and phone the cops.

The cops will not ignore 4 or 5 calls about noise.

But getting back to your frustration. You need an outlet. you still lifting? Lift more - try martial arts. MA will channel the aggression in a healthy and productive way. And it will also teach you self control and to be in control.

You were very wise not to “kick down the door” as someone else suggested. your wife and daughter would have loved to see you being hauled away by the police.

I know - i would have loved to punch the shit out of the guy as well but self control is the secret to life. Anyway, I feel for you as I am in a similar position - a stranger in a strange land - that is.

Good luck. i for one would love to hear more from you in the future about how you are coping.

They keep you up at night, you wake them up in the morning. Be creative with it, too.

[quote]Donzi wrote:
Well, in the US you can call the cops and they’ll usually respond, maybe a few hours later but at least its something.[/quote]

That might have been true in the past, but not anymore. I’ve called the cops, they told me they are too busy fighting “real crime”.

Actually, cops are so picky these days that on the other side of the Bay, in Fremont, the Chief of Police actually had the guts to admit they will not respond to burglar alarms anymore, “Because most of them are false alarms, and we have other priorities”.

[quote]Donzi wrote:
Also, apartments are much more rare here in populated cities in Sweden than most US cities. Like 5 years waiting list for a good first contract apartment, unless you have a connection; which I don’t.[/quote]

So what? Odds are that after going through all the work, cost and aggravation of moving I’d basically just get another set of noisy neighbors…

Just get some neighbours together and gang up on the fucker, eviction style…

[quote]michaelv wrote:
Better yet pair those speakers with the biggest subwoofer you can find.[/quote]

Just in case you are feeling exceptionally plucky,

http://www.adireaudio.com/TextPages/ParthenonPageFrameText.htm

This would kinda be like repaying a poke in the chest with ritualistic disembowelment, but I still get a nice chuckle at the thought.

~Terumo

[quote]michaelv wrote:
Better yet pair those speakers with the biggest subwoofer you can find.

Terumo wrote:
Just in case you are feeling exceptionally plucky,

http://www.adireaudio.com/TextPages/ParthenonPageFrameText.htm

This would kinda be like repaying a poke in the chest with ritualistic disembowelment, but I still get a nice chuckle at the thought.

~Terumo[/quote]

Wow, that’s a helluva driver. I want some of those for my home theater system!

But if you’re merely mortal, this will do the trick, and it sounds amazing for when you want to listen to real music, too!

Donzi,

I know exactly how you feel. And it’s unfortunate that we can never exercise that urge to kick some ass, because in the end we’ll end up looking like the bad guy even though everyone around would probably have wanted to do the same thing… does the word hypocrite ring any bells?.

Some people just don’t know how to show proper respect or courtesy for that matter. I hope you can get that little f*ck bag evicted, GL!