T Nation

Just Getting Started

Im new here, Ive only been lifting consistently for a couple weeks over a year now. I played football in high school and a year in college(rehabbing a shoulder injury right now) and also wrestled in high school. The past year ive been on WS4SB, then had to take some time off for the shoulder, now im 3/4 through Built Like A BadAss. I had a some lifting experience in high school for sports but nowhere near the level anyone needs to be at to see serious gains, also I never really had a game-plan eating-wise. Now I am trying to learn as much as I can through the articles on here as well as the forums.

I am 5’9" and weight between 177-180 most days
My diet looks like this

Breakfast: 5 eggs with oatmeal and a banana
Lunch: Turkey Sandwich with some cashews, fruit and a nature valley bar
Break Time(at work): Protein Bar
Post Workout: 1 scoop Ideal Recovery and 2 scoops Ideal Whey
Dinner: 2 chicken breasts with veggies and a baked potato or maybe noodles
Before Bed: another scoop of Ideal Whey or a couple peanut butter sandwiches

Is there a question or did I miss it?

Welcome aboard man.

Good progress so far for sure. Good luck with the injury’s.

No question just figured it was a good way to start off posting, didnt wanna just go randomly posting and commenting on others without showing what i had first, also I dont think there is any way to get any real good advice unless my diet, program and progress thus far is out there. Thank you countingbeans.

[quote]captaincaveman wrote:
No question just figured it was a good way to start off posting, didnt wanna just go randomly posting and commenting on others without showing what i had first, also I dont think there is any way to get any real good advice unless my diet, program and progress thus far is out there. Thank you countingbeans.[/quote]

Hey man Im deff on the same boat as you stat wise although I have trained for a little less and your upper body looks a little better then mine. How do you like Defrancos programs and what are your numbers looking like? Good work brother. Keep on pushing !

I love Defranco’s program, well i cant bench press because of my shoulder injury but i can DB press and worked up to a max set of 5 with 120s last monday. I can do 21 pullups with a little kipping without letting go of the bar, my squat is a max set of 375 for 3, never really deadlifted because of football we always did cleans instead but hopefully if my shoulder keeps progressing i will be able to in a month or 2. Thanks man i sure will keep grinding.