Just Getting Into BJJ and Muay Thai

5/3/1 seems to be a huge favorite because of the flexibility it gives. I will point out that since Wendler has his own sub-forum here the value of being able to ask questions there might be enough of an asset to trump other programs.

FighinIrish26 runs 5/3/1 2 X weekly and then does skill work on 2-3 more dedicated days. He is also a huge believer in doing some small skill work each day. His log is always on the first page of this forum and he is pretty giving of his time to explain/help people figure things out. There is a lot there.

Ranzo’s log hasn’t been updated for a while, but he used 5/3/1 while competing in MMA and training for such. It would be worth going through that as well. That log is also on the first page.

Finaly, fearnloathingnyc trains Muay Thai, Judo/Wrestling, and does 5/3/1 while on a brutal work schedule. His job also means he can’t afford to be hobbling around crippled by soreness no matter how hard core it seems. He has a log here as well and updates frequently.

I would check through those for ideas and not hesitate to ask specific questions in those logs as well. Most everyone here is pretty damn willing to help.

Links:

Irish’s Log
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_boxing_fighting_mma_combat/log_o_the_irish_20

Ranzo’s

fearnlothingnyc’s

In general most guys here will tell you that training skills more than weightroom stuff will yield better results as far as being a fighter/martial artist. That makes sense. If you want to be a lifter that trains martial arts than maybe the current split makes more sense? I hope some of my post helps.

Regards,

Robert A