Just curious

To all AAS users,

Are you monitored by a physician while “on” ? If so what is monitored? I’m particularly interested in blood work, how often do you have it done, what you’re looking for, what you do about your results, etc?

To any non-AAS users, feel free to contribute if you are monitored by a physician for the purposes of furthering your training goals.

– Bob A

yes. I get blood work done pre cycle, mid cycle and post cycle. actually a couple times post cycle. plus a ekg. my doc is veryvery open minded so he knows what to look for. but liver enzymes, cholesterol, test levels, estrogen levels. and everything else that you would check for when getting a physical/

yes. I get blood work done pre cycle, mid cycle and post cycle. actually a couple times post cycle.

So is pre cycle simply to establish a baseline, mid cycle to monitor health concerns, and post cycle to figure out when you’re back to baseline?

Would you say you are monitored primarily for health concerns or to maximize your progress?

my doc is veryvery open minded so he knows what to look for.

You’re lucky to have such an open-minded doc. My guess is most docs don’t know exactly what to look for so I wonder whether other users that want to be monitored have to know what to look for themselves?

Also, I wonder whether docs would refuse to monitor a user because they condone AAS use.

btw, thanks for responding.

I used to always make sure to get one complete physical each year before I had started using AAS. Now that I have found a good doctor, I like to get one before a cycle to see how my health is. Last thing I need to do is go on orals when my liver enzymes are elevated. I have done a good amount of cycles, and my health is much better than most people who dont use. When I got the call about my last test, the nurse was amazed at some of my numbers, such as triglycerides, and cholesterol. My cholesterol has actually improved since I began using steroids.

I have done a good amount of cycles, and my health is much better than most people who dont use. When I got the call about my last test, the nurse was amazed at some of my numbers, such as triglycerides, and cholesterol. My cholesterol has actually improved since I began using steroids.

LOL, that’s quite amusing. I’m sure the general public would react as the nurse did.

“What? He uses steroids but he’s healthier than me?!?” says the overweight coach potato with a beer in one hand and a bag of chips in the other.

Labs to run

Total Testosterone
Bioavailable Testosterone (sometimes called ?Free and Loosely Bound?)
DHT
Estradiol (specify by the ?Extraction Method? or ?Sensitive?)
LH
FSH
Prolactin
Cortisol
TSH
CBC
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Lipid Panel
PSA (if over 40)