Just Complexes and Pullups?

Goal: increasing muscular and cardio endurance while not losing strength. That’s what I came up with. Six days a week do the following:

1. 10 x 4 power clean-front squat-military press, 55 kg
    (I mean a power clean followed by a front squat followed by a military press)

2. 10 x 4 snatch-overhead squat, 45 kg

3. 6x6 pullups

Minimal rest between sets. That’s it. Will it achieve my goals? Thanks.

I’m no Mel Siff, but unless your leg strength is rather low I would think that you would certainly need to do some heavy leg work occasionally if you want to hold on to your strength.

Similarly with everything else. If your max press is 70 kilos, doing 10x4 with 55 kilos (If you can pull it off) is great. If, on the other hand, you’re like that crazy mofo in the standing overhead press PR thread, and you press 102.5 kilos, you’d need more maintenance overhead strength work.

It’s funny you brought this up as recently I’ve been considering an all-complexes routine. The only problem, like Ross said, it looks like leg work is not very prominent…

You could try a similar complex like this one I did a few months back:
Power Clean- 3 Squats- and Press.

Thank you, I like the idea of doing 3 FS.

As long as you keep working on a good power clean, your front squat and overhead squats should be fine for lower-body strength.

You could always do one PC and 3-5 front squats if you front squat much more than you clean.

Why not just replace the last day of the workout with a heavy squat day? Then you get complexes mostly, and heavy squats, with a day to recover.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Why not just replace the last day of the workout with a heavy squat day? Then you get complexes mostly, and heavy squats, with a day to recover.[/quote]

Or perhaps heavy deads. Good idea.