T Nation

Just Bought Creatine...

I went to buy whey protein at Wal-mart and ended up also getting the Pure Creatine by BodyFortress for about $13, just to experiment myself. I remember reading about taking 5g pwo only. But I also know that when you start taking creatine you have to load (so it would be 5g everyday for 2 weeks)
I can’t find the article. so I’m not sure if it’s like that during loading phase.

But my question is on non-workout days, should I still take creatine,carbs and whey(PWO shake) or just take creatine and water?

just take a scoop everyday, be it in a shake or in some water or coffee or whatever.

Dont worry about the “loading phase”… its also known as a “waste a ton of creatine” phase.

I bought the same kind as you the other week, it’s a pretty solid value in my opinion.

My understanding of loading is that it’s optional- you can load for a week, or just take the regular 5g amount and over time (a month, maybe), it will amount to the same thing. Loading just “saturates” your muscles faster.

I take either 5g every day, 10g if I forget to take it the previous day (not that I feel I’m compensating- more of a “why not?” because creatine is so damn cheap these days), and never worry about what I add to it.

I’ve always felt that was just an excuse for companies to add some sugar to their product and jack up the price $20 because of their new, “Revolutionary Transport System!”

I remember reading about mixing it in some warm green tea. But water is fine (it’s what I do).

Ive just started using creatine myself but over here in England its more expensive than $20, more like ?20.

So if anyone knows any good websites I can buy some from for a reasonable price please reply.
Cheers

[quote]hwebbs2k7 wrote:
Ive just started using creatine myself but over here in England its more expensive than $20, more like ?20.

So if anyone knows any good websites I can buy some from for a reasonable price please reply.
Cheers

[/quote]

PM Supermick. I don’t know if Biotest ships across the pond.

I just bought mono as well, my first time using mono.

I’m planning on NOT loading, and taking only 5g PWO with high-gi carbs.

My question - should I take it on off-days? What about after cardio?

[quote]Baldr wrote:
I just bought mono as well, my first time using mono.

I’m planning on NOT loading, and taking only 5g PWO with high-gi carbs.

My question - should I take it on off-days? What about after cardio?[/quote]

Yes just take a teaspoon a day

Phill

I just bought creatine also, what is the best way to start taking it as a beginner?? and how do i start taking the whey protein also?? do i just take 5g a day of creatine after a work out or before? how about the whey protein??? before or after also can some one help me out. please

I feel that taking 5 grams of creatine after the workout with your shake is the best way. Depending how much you weigh, you should probaly be taking three shakes a day. On in the morning, one after your workout, and one before bed. Now, if you bought Surge, take that before/after the workout too.

[quote]conner wrote:
I bought the same kind as you the other week, it’s a pretty solid value in my opinion.

My understanding of loading is that it’s optional- you can load for a week, or just take the regular 5g amount and over time (a month, maybe), it will amount to the same thing. Loading just “saturates” your muscles faster.

I take either 5g every day, 10g if I forget to take it the previous day (not that I feel I’m compensating- more of a “why not?” because creatine is so damn cheap these days), and never worry about what I add to it.

I’ve always felt that was just an excuse for companies to add some sugar to their product and jack up the price $20 because of their new, “Revolutionary Transport System!”[/quote]

PWO I’m taking: whey protein (40 grams), gatorade powder (80 grams)and creatine 5 grams.
i’ve heard the creating the high insulin would help transport creatine into your muscles. So would it be optimal to be taking whey+ gatorade + creatine on non workout days as well?