Just Because You're Bigger....

sorry dude, it’s T-Nation. we’re all locked, cocked, and ready to rock. that should be common knowledge

you should know we get touchy when people try to shortchange us.

i agree, take everything with a grain of salt. but i’d say generally, you SHOULD listen to the ‘big’ people. both here AND in the weight room.

good luck in your muscle adventures.

i’m always down for story time. next time you see that guy, give him a sweet sack-tap and tell him holymac says ‘stop being a bitch and giving crap advice’

[quote]acelement wrote:

The only advice I gave was to take everything with a grain of salt and not to blindly follow advice. If anything, it was advocating listening to people like you who actually know what’s up. What a crock of shit that was right?[/quote]

No, what is a crock of shit is walking into a gym and not keeping your eyes and mind open to some degree. I used to talk to and ask advice from just about anyone I viewed as bigger and much stronger than me. Very rarely would you run across someone who sounds like they are quoting a thesis paper, especially since guys like that are very rarely all that big themselves.

Most of the really big guys couldn’t tell you half of the shit most of you are worried about on this forum, especially in regards to reps and sets. You all have complicated something simple to the point of near insanity…and then act like anyone not thinking like you is clueless in spite of them having muscles 5 times as big as your own.

How is it possible that people are passing you up without being able to recite entire novels of training acronyms?

Because getting big is more about heart than proving your IQ.

The smart guys…the REALLY smart guys…are the ones who figure that out first and quit acting like their quoting abilities put them above serious weight lifters.

The really smart guys can speak to people, grab what they need and leave the rest without worrying about “warning newbies” as if they need to avoid listening to people with more experience.

I have no doubt that people see me now and assume I just was always big. I hear that all of the fucking time. If they ever see a picture of me as a beginner, they don’t understand it. the average person will not be increasing their body weight by 100lbs in a decade.

What you should be focusing on is what allows someone to do that…and why every guy on this site who acts like advice is wrong if it isn’t a “training quote” is still small and will stay that way.

[quote]humanimal wrote:
Link for bigger size: http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6355/pxtimedemot.jpg
[/quote]

lol, i was wondering if anyone else was going to catch that.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
humanimal wrote:

lol, i was wondering if anyone else was going to catch that.

[/quote]

damn…I guess I do type too fast.

Good Lord! Some of you guys need a nice piece of ass!

I don’t think I’ve read a post on this thread that didn’t have a valid point.

[quote]Free2Be wrote:

I don’t think I’ve read a post on this thread that didn’t have a valid point.[/quote]

just b/c a post has a valid point, doesn’t mean some of his other ‘points’ are absolute malarkee.

i had a POA last night that’s hotter than anything you’ll have for the next month free.

=)

[quote]humanimal wrote:
[/quote]

Humanimal,
You just made this whole thread worthwhile.

Free2Be wrote:

just b/c a post has a valid point, doesn’t mean some of his other ‘points’ are absolute malarkee.

i had a POA last night that’s hotter than anything you’ll have for the next month free.

=)[/quote]

Nicely played my friend.
I’m sure you are right about the poa it is a rare event for me to get any ass in Afghanistan. I usually get it every six months when I hit a vacation. It happens when you are on FOB’s with 90% male population and room with 5 other men.

[quote]Free2Be wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:
Free2Be wrote:

=)

Nicely played my friend.
I’m sure you are right about the poa it is a rare event for me to get any ass in Afghanistan. I usually get it every six months when I hit a vacation. It happens when you are on FOB’s with 90% male population and room with 5 other men.[/quote]

Doesn’t that shit suck?! I’ll be setting records when I go home in June…She’s not going to be able to walk.

(The one in the middle.)

[quote]patrickk wrote:
Free2Be wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:
Free2Be wrote:

=)

Nicely played my friend.
I’m sure you are right about the poa it is a rare event for me to get any ass in Afghanistan. I usually get it every six months when I hit a vacation. It happens when you are on FOB’s with 90% male population and room with 5 other men.

Doesn’t that shit suck?! I’ll be setting records when I go home in June…She’s not going to be able to walk.

(The one in the middle.)
[/quote]

You’re a fucking hero! She is smokin’

[quote]Free2Be wrote:
patrickk wrote:
Free2Be wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:
Free2Be wrote:

=)
shes probably fucking someone else while your away… well thats always my thought, im a very insecure person =)

i kid i kid wait… about wat? ugh, boredom.
Nicely played my friend.

(The one in the middle.)

You’re a fucking hero! She is smokin’[/quote]

It’s the same phenomenon with huge guys endorsing products they don’t use and training regimes they don’t train with… who gives a fuck?

Don’t listen to them and you’ll be fine… but then you might miss the secret to getting huge!

i just look at weights and get huge.
[/quote]

You probably do ya thick bastard. OP, take it for what it is: Some dude giving you his input on what is right and wrong. Not as gospel. If I took everything that everyone to heart, well I wouldn’t be where I am today physically. Financially, well thats a whole 'nother ball game.

If you did something different like he said for a few weeks , you may actually get bigger. Different stiumli and all that.

Just for the record, I am going to go ahead and say that I barely listen to anybody smaller than me and I try not to give advice to people bigger than me (unless they are doing something horribly dangerous). Thats just the way it is.

that’s a stupid attitude. size is not everyone’s end goal. That doesn’t mean they can’t help you.(to be fair the guy did seem fairly clueless) Bw exercises in appropriate ranges will work as well as anything else. How many of you 250lb-300 can do for e.g. chins etc with added resistance).
1 arm pushups are difficult exercises esp. for big men. A lot of bb could do with grip work too.

[quote]decimation wrote:
that’s a stupid attitude. size is not everyone’s end goal. That doesn’t mean they can’t help you.(to be fair the guy did seem fairly clueless) Bw exercises in appropriate ranges will work as well as anything else. How many of you 250lb-300 can do for e.g. chins etc with added resistance).
1 arm pushups are difficult exercises esp. for big men. A lot of bb could do with grip work too.[/quote]

lol @ this post.

Firstly its a BODYBUILDING forum! Everybody and their fucking dog are trying to get huge. So taking advice from huge guys is usually a good idea.

Bodyweight exercises are the secret! Because everyone in the olympia uses push ups…

From my own personal experiance I’m not a huge dude (220 @ 5"10) but I can do pull ups with 60+lbs around my waist for plenty of reps and can rep out on single arm push ups till the cows come home.

Yet hardly if ever touch a body weight exercises (pull ups excluded).

And yes my grip is grand too since I deadlift.

If you don’t want to get huge go to menshealth or the V-Diet fourm.

acelement wrote:

but in the real world, many people get big from genetics or shit-luck. And pass on that shit advice thinking it will work for everyone just because it worked for them.

?

what the fuck? are you kidding me?

you’re right dude. i got huge b/c of shit luck. and genetics. infact, i just look at weights and get huge. keep telling yourself to make you feel better.

you whiny bitch. i wish you were around so i could backhand the shit out of you.

i HATE that every small motherfucker always has to come back to the whole ‘genetics and luck is what made him big’.

stop fucking crying and grow up. hit the weights. no more excuses.
[/quote]

Those people do exists thought.

My mate, weighted 100kg~ @ 6’2-3 and had 16-17" arms when he started lifting lol.

He eats random crap all th time, andjoins me along to the gym 1-2 times a week to bench a little and do some pulldowns.

He outbenches pretty much everyone I know, and he has been lifting for… 5 months now?
That’s what you can call lucky genetics :slight_smile:

I do agree thought, setting limits for yoursel

i just look at weights and get huge.
[/quote]

Post Weight-looking Routine now.

How long should I look at the weights for maximum hypertrophy? How many sets and reps should I do? Should I rub glutamine into my eyes for increased recovery. If so should I do it 15 or 30 minutes post workout. Is this routine better for bulking or cutting? I don’t want to get too big actually.

[quote]Free2Be wrote:

I don’t think I’ve read a post on this thread that didn’t have a valid point.[/quote]

i like the number 7 more than the number 2.

(i showed you)

also, this is my first post in probably almost three years.

glad i wasted it on this.