Just Became Single, Time to Get Ripped

I wouldn’t call myself an expert! Just someone who has eaten this way off and on for awhile.

Are you trying to enter Keto, in Keto or just low carb? Generally the smell is when your body is breaking down the amino acids.

Not even really trying, just noticed a correlation between lower/no carb days, higher training volume/longer duration conditioning, and having random whiffs of ammonia nearing the end of the exercise. Just curious if someone keeping carbs low had noticed something similar.

not enough vegetables with that diet. not even close. either add veggies with a couple of those work meals, or replace some of the rice with vegetables. micronutrients are important, and vegetables are where we get most of the good ones from. Vary your vegetables as well, don’t just eat the same ones every day. It’ll keep you healthier.

I have a question about your training. What do you LIKE to do? You’re doing several different things here, and with spreading your energy over so many different things, it may be difficult to do any of them well. So I guess my questions are are actually, what things in this program do you really, really want to keep, and which ones could you trade in for one of our suggestions? What’s more important to you, performance or aesthetics?

For me, if my number 1 priority was either strength gains or aesthetics, I’d drop the Muay Thai completely. BUT if that’s something you really enjoy, and it increases the quality of your life, I’d keep it in there.

3 Likes

fuck KETO seriously…

:joy::joy::joy:.

It has a place in the tool box but long term is not where the money is for keto…

Agree. Very few people take this into account when dispensing advice. Part of that is admittedly that most people aren’t very specific with their goals (i.e. “I want to get bigger and stronger”) so we (the royal we) tend to project our own feelings into the advice we give.

2 Likes

for sure. It’s why I’m not a ‘WHERE’S THE LEGS PIC BRAH??’ zealot. I think if you have particular goals, then there are particular things that are important to achieving those goals. But everyone’s goals are their own. I’ll never be irritated by a poster who says ‘I don’t care about X, Y, or Z’. It’s why I’ve always been an @adarqui fan. He has goals, and he’s doing the things necessary to achieving those goals, and ignoring the dum dums who tell him he needs to get bigger.

The only thing that ever gets under my skin is when someone asks me about something that’s in my wheelhouse, then argues for 10 posts about whether what I suggested is actually effective. In the beginner section. Because they read 4 books and a dozen internets.

5 Likes

Much appreciated man :smiley:

Also, I always appreciate how you are so open to different goals, opinions, training philosophies etc. I mean it just seems like you and lots of others on here (especially in recent years), respect the effort first & foremost. To me it really comes down to, is someone working hard to achieve their goals? Regardless of the sport, methods, how someone looks or doesn’t look, etc: effort is pure. The only way to keep achieving new levels is to apply a mostly consistent, hard effort over many years.

FWIW, regarding my running journey: quite a few people in the local running community take issue with some of my training methods, mindset and such. Most people think I race “too hard”. Most people think I “train too hard”. Most people are shocked to find out what kind of shoes I run in (not supportive enough for them). Lots of people think I should be lifting. I don’t simply ignore people - I take their input into account, weigh it against my past & present experiences, research how much progress they’ve made given their training philosophies, ask them tough questions & see if they can back anything up with more than just “do this or that”, and ask myself whether or not they are looking at it through the lens of achieving elite athleticism. Who knows, maybe some of them are more correct than incorrect. Beyond that, i’ve yet to meet anyone who is obsessed with the Kenyans and how they train/live, like I am. That generally sums up their lack of understanding into why I do things the way I do. As much as I respect accomplished runners in the local running scene, I am personally trying to apply the Kenyan blueprint - and that’s a bit different than what you normally see: it’s a mindset, it means risking alot in races, it’s body composition (and some reverse hypertrophy), race style, sleep schedule, diet, workouts, belief, enormous goals, running out of necessity not just for fun, all kinds of things. So I can see how trying to slowly incorporate all of that, could confuse people. lol!

So, my running philosophies are heavily influenced by nature & Kenyan training, just like my jumping philosophies were heavily influenced by nature & Verkhoshansky. Some of my training philosophies for vert/dunking confused the hell out of people - on here as well. Understandable.

People often too easily discredit other people’s goals & training philosophies etc. But on the flip side, one has to have the resolve/confidence to stay focused, keep learning, not just blindly ignore people or advice, but truly attempt to get results.

Anyway, one of my favorite quotes:

“Nature has provided man with the possibility to enhance his abilities in extreme situations, and we need to utilize it in the training of the high class athlete.” – Prof. Yuri Verkhoshansky

/thread-tangent

This.

word!!

peace man!

2 Likes