Just a thought

I was having a conversation with a friend the other day. We were talking about BB and steroids as that at one time was the love of my life. Well when he said to me that if there were no side effects he would take them. I thought for a second and said Why? He replied to get big and look awesome. So I said but your in pretty good shape now, whyat is a 20 inch arm going to do for you. How is that muscle goin to make you better. We both take martial arts and I added that none of our instructors are on and look at the amazing physical feats they accomplish. It then made me realize how impressive the human body actually can be without “assistance”. I felt like I grew up a little bit that day. Just wondering what everyone thinks about it? If anything.

I figure its all about what you enjoy. If you can’t live without it, you might have a problem. But if you choose to pursue bigger muscles, or a 500 lb bench press, a 4 minute mile or a Gold Medal in Karate, then go for it, have fun and don’t fool yourself by thinking that what you are doing is any better or more important than what anyone else is doing. In short, there is ultimately no reason to take steroids; but then again outside of legal considerations there is really no reason not to if that is what you want to do.

When I was 18, I wanted to try steroids. I told myself that I would truly decide when I was 20. I wanted to give myself a chance to reach my natural potential before I tried them.
I was naive enough to believe I would have reached my natural potenial by age 20. Well by the time I was 20, I had matured and realized that the best benefit I had gained from working out was the confidence that the whole process gave me. Setting goals and having the discipline to carry them out while overcoming the fear of failing. This has made more difference in my life than any amount of muscle mass I could have gained taking steriods. This is what it’s all about for me personally. I don’t judge people who take steroids. I can’t say that I wasn’t tempted to try them on many occasions. I’m happy with my decision, and I hope those who have tried them are happy as well.

IMO, nobody NEEDS steriods. Someone might want to use them because they’re impatient or they’ve run out of training ideas or might just not want to work hard enough to get huge. Those people forget that all throughout history there have been huge massive guys who weren’t on drugs because there were none.