T Nation

Just a Thank You Note From a Middle Aged Lifter

ct. i wish to express many thanks to you for everything you have done.
-My strength has gotten to levels that i was getting doubtful i could achieve again.
-This little dead lift thing that i am also using for squats is making my life so much happier.
I can just squat down all the way without any tightness or pain. (it used to take awhile stretching and warming up before i could do anything like that)

My quad tendon only hurts when I'm driving for extended periods of time.
-I have also finally realized and accepted that my age and lifestyle has an effect on the amount of weight i can, and, should use. basically when you say 60%, i use 55%, more or less. It's a little less intense, but, there's no cns drain, and i'm feeling stimulated all day, every day. no dragging my ass because i'm beat up.
-My wife is liking the way I look.(of course i am too!)

I tip my hat to you! You are a great coach and a very good, honest person.

Fat Loss for Busier, Older Guys

[quote]domcib wrote:
-My strength has gotten to levels that i was getting doubtful i could achieve again.
-This little dead lift thing that i am also using for squats is making my life so much happier.
I can just squat down all the way without any tightness or pain. (it used to take awhile stretching and warming up before i could do anything like that)

My quad tendon only hurts when I’m driving for extended periods of time.
-I have also finally realized and accepted that my age and lifestyle has an effect on the amount of weight i can, and, should use. basically when you say 60%, i use 55%, more or less. It’s a little less intense, but, there’s no cns drain, and i’m feeling stimulated all day, every day. no dragging my ass because i’m beat up.

I tip my hat to you! You are a great coach and a very good, honest person.[/quote]

I think that the “good honest person” comment is the one that touch me the most. I tend to highly dislike compliments, but I’ll take that one!

I’m glad of all the nice changes I helped make and I’m sure that your training will be even more enjoyable and productive in the future!

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]domcib wrote:

My quad tendon only hurts when I’m driving for extended periods of time.
-I have also finally realized and accepted that my age and lifestyle has an effect on the amount of weight i can, and, should use. basically when you say 60%, i use 55%, more or less. It’s a little less intense, but, there’s no cns drain, and i’m feeling stimulated all day, every day. no dragging my ass because i’m beat up.

I tip my hat to you! You are a great coach and a very good, honest person.[/quote]

I think that the “good honest person” comment is the one that touch me the most. I tend to highly dislike compliments, but I’ll take that one!

I’m glad of all the nice changes I helped make and I’m sure that your training will be even more enjoyable and productive in the future!
[/quote]

i always speak the truth
“even when i lie” :slight_smile: lol,(from “scarface”, couldn’t help myself)

and also, per your rec, im doing situps every day, little by little— no cramps.

yes. training WILL be more productive and enjoyable… as long as i “push the edge” but not fall off. :slight_smile:

Training is a constant work in progress. It stimulates not only the physical, but the mental and psychological also, and you could say spiritual. Achieving a balance is very rewarding,and carries over to every day life.