I recently tried DHEA - 50mg ED for 4 weeks. Had a blood test before and after - was on no other supps at the time other than the odd protein shake and vitamins (which I always take).
My original blood test showed that I was very low in DHEA and low/normal total testosterone. Free test was middle of the range. I am a 38 year old male.
I haven't got the blood tests in front of me now - but here is the jist of what happened.
- Total testosterone increased by about 16%
- Free test went through the roof - ie above range (went from 76 to 102; range from 35 to 92)
- Estrogen levels doubled - but still within range. They were on the low end to begin with.
- DHEA increased a little but still below range.
- Most other blood markers stayed the same.
I was about to start my own thread on this - but anyway will put it in here because it is relevant to your question.
I'm not really recommending DHEA to you other than considering it as an option. I felt really good on it during the 2nd week, then sort of went backwards. I am guessing it might have been Estrogen kicking in? I have had a few weeks off and am starting up DHEA again using Zinc and Vit C to try and keep E under control. Will see what happens. The compound pharmacist I spoke to reckons if E goes any higher - I might be better off on Test as it is less of it will aromatise to E as there is only one pathway rather than 2 - with DHEA.