Just a freak, I guess...

That sweat thing has happened to me so many times, on both ends pitching and catching, that I don’t even think about it any more. Part of the game…

Jared it’s not you airing it out and talking to me that bothers me, it’s when you twirl it around and throw it over your shoulder that makes me want to heave.

Then everyone wonders why some gyms dont allow clean and jerks.

Here’s what’s stupid: some jackass the other morning trying to float 155 on the flat bench with nothing but his toes and head touching.

I thought that was weird, but then I saw another guy do the same thing the next day. Starting to wonder if this is some new technique or something.

Whenever I can do it lately, I’ve been hitting the gym either after the morning rush (8:30 am) or after the evening rush (10:30 pm). Makes supersets so much more possible and if you have to do a lift that looks weird (or ends up looking weird) you don’t have so much of an audience.

I get the strangest looks from doing glute ham raises and oddly enough from walking lunges. Someone working legs at 24 hour fitness is a strange phenom.

I got the strangest looks when I accidently walked into the womens locker room.True story.

Whether I’m doing Barbell-hacks, Bent-presses, King DL’s,
Iron-Crosses, or some other T-Mag influenced movement,
folks at my gym always stare at me like I have a “dick”
growing out of my forehead!!!

Lately:
Ballistic Bench Presses in the Smith Machine.

Bent presses.

Though I did see a chick in the gym–a proto T-Vixen perhaps–using the power rack for push-presses, and I was very impressed. If I hadn’t stunk like ass that day, I think I would have talked to her.

And, funny story, I was writing something in my workout log/journal, and one of my friends came up to me and was like “you write everything down? Why?”

Dan

Box Squats
Push Jerks
Writing it down
Looking at a stopwatch

A few months back I was in the gym and totally in a zone. I had my walkman on to make matters worse. Some greasey, man titted, dirt bag of a man was doing curls next to me and I was doing DB shoulder presses with 110 5x5. I went to chug “my water bottle” after my third set and after many a gulp I realized it was that snail trail’s bottle I was suckin on. I uncontrollably wipped the bottle away for my mouth and threw it right into the wall while I screamed “MOTHER FUCKER, THAT’S FUCKIN DISGUSTING!” I got ALOT of strange looks after that one.

Those are all good, but the guy that tried to spot me on squats by standing in front of me was precious.

jumping box squats always get peoples heads a shaking.

No one at my gym has a fucking clue.

I had two douche bags smirking at me when I was doing high-pulls the other day.

Well, now that I’ve heard the “sweat in the eye story”, I understand why all the guys in the magazines wear sunglasses while working out!

Now if we can just figure out those Daisy Dukes…

Jumping box squats always turn heads for me as well, that and actual full squats, nobody except me and a couple of my workout partners will drop ass to grass.

Its pretty depressing when you think about it.

-Jordo

I think we should get shirts made up that say:

“Just because you don’t know how to train, that doesn’t mean you should stare at me.”

Or, perhaps something shorter would work better:

“Stop staring and learn how to train.”

How about:

on the front:

“You wanna know why I train this way?”

and on the back:

“Look at me, then look at you.”

Funny shit, wideguy and irondoc!!

:slight_smile:

Although I’m with everyone else in that I get comments and looks when I do deadlifts, box squats, weighted dips, etc, I find that I get more people making comments on my diet.

“You’re eating AGAIN? You are gonna get fat.” as an example.

Also, it never fails each and every week when I go grocery shopping, the cashier checking me out will make a comment on how much food I buy. “What are you gonna bake with all those eggs??” Last week, the lady asked me if I was buying for my fraternity or something. I said, nope…I’m not in a frat, just buying for me alone for the week.

got all you beat. doing a heavy set of goodmornings, some 5’10" 165lb pencilneck personal trainer comes up to me offering “tips” on how to squat the right way, not to lean too far forward y’know…
heavy