T Nation

Just a Big Thank You

I just realized my long awaited dream and got accepted into the most prestigious sports “school” in the South of France to become a coach.

And I got to thank you for that. For all the amazing and free information you give to us. I’ve been following your programs, free or paying, 80% of the time for what, 5-6 years now, and I don’t regret a minute or a cent. And when I’ll be able to afford it I’ll certainly invest more in you again.

Just did a deadlift PR to celebrate it, 2.5X BW after having no knees and no carpal tunnels ahahah. Thanks again!

Also, when I mentioned you and your training philosophy at the interview, the guy knew about you!

16 Likes

Congratulations my friend! :slight_smile:
And yes, CT is such a great coach full of knowledge and experience and ego-less person.
It is such a rarity in todays world.

1 Like

Congratulations my man. Well deserved.

But also, just echoing your sentiments here, CTs generosity and patience on this site is phenomenal.

2 Likes

This is so incredible mate, amazing work! Are you a strength coach or a sport-skill coach?

2 Likes

What’s the difference ahah? I’ll have the diploma to be whatever I want

1 Like

Bravo mon pote! Which one is it? Lyon?

2 Likes

CREPS Montpellier !

1 Like

Congrats!

Hahah fair enough. Good luck!

1 Like

Sorry i was celebrating when I read this so I did not understand right away ahah

Just a general strength coach right now. Though for my project I’m going to be working with my old US football team and teach them the ways of iron and plyometrics

1 Like

The ironic thing is that the training knowledge regarding strength and power training for sports is pretty solid in France (Gilles Cometti was one of my biggest influences) but it seems to stay in university and is not applied that well in real life. Then again, when I went to teach in Toulouse I saw the reality of French strength coaches working with rugby and soccer teams: super short off-seasons and hard schedule in-seasons makes it one of the hardest strength coaching jobs in the world.

1 Like

That’s really awesome mate, good luck! I just had my first season working with basketballers and it was a bit of a shit show haha

1 Like

Hi coach, I’ll be taught powerlifting by Marc Vouillot, do you know him?

Can’t say that I do