T Nation

Junk Food vs No Food

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

So, this is where you are at after losing 5 in?
[/quote]

I posted all pictures from start to finish and they have been up for over a year. How is it this is somehow news to people who criticize me so much?[/quote]

What I meant was if this is after losing 5 inches than you were fat before. So, losing 5 inches was not that difficult.[/quote]

?

This must be that “bro science” everyone talks about…where you somehow know how easy it is for someone to drop fat. That was 5 fucking inches. Anyone acting like it was “easy” hasn’t ever done it…so why are they speaking on it?[/quote]

I said it was not that difficult. You were fat get over it. Maybe, you really like eating junk which made it harder than it should have been but, dropping fat from where you started does not usually take a lot of macro/diet manipulation. You talked about how you had replaced a few meals with MAG-10 and had been losing fat and keeping muscle. That is not difficult.

Also, I never said all you did was over eat and never diet. I don’t even know where you got that?

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
How much do you weigh?

FWIW my avi is from 3 days ago so there are my pics and my last avi was from a month ago and was 4 different shots with no shirt… So everyone knows how I look from a lot of angles, not just my best.[/quote]

How much do you think I weigh?

Bottom line is, I am 5’10" and very few people reach my size on this forum “obese” or not…so the attempt to act like all I did was overeat and never diet is complete nonsense and misleading to new posters.[/quote]

???

I just asked a simple question. Why is it so hard to answer a question like “how much do you weigh?” On a bodybuilding forum. That doesn’t make sense.[/quote]

It makes perfect sense considering I know who I am speaking to…people who try this hard to act like I can’t speak on bodybuilding because I am apparently “too fat” and “never competed”.

I mean, you have done that in every thread like this for months. How dumb do you think everyone is?

[/quote]

I posted all pictures from start to finish and they have been up for over a year. How is it this is somehow news to people who criticize me so much?[/quote]

What I meant was if this is after losing 5 inches than you were fat before. So, losing 5 inches was not that difficult.[/quote]

?

This must be that “bro science” everyone talks about…where you somehow know how easy it is for someone to drop fat. That was 5 fucking inches. Anyone acting like it was “easy” hasn’t ever done it…so why are they speaking on it?[/quote]

I said it was not that difficult. You were fat get over it. Maybe, you really like eating junk which made it harder than it should have been but, dropping fat from where you started does not usually take a lot of macro/diet manipulation. You talked about how you had replaced a few meals with MAG-10 and had been losing fat and keeping muscle. That is not difficult.

[/quote]

Get over what? I made more progress than most so what is there to be ashamed of? I do love how people act like losing that much is now “easy”…you know…because how dare they actually give any credit for it.

That is one thing you will never see in my posts…trying to degrade someone’s progress who clearly did what they needed to do.

[/quote]

?

[/quote]

Get over what? I made more progress than most so what is there to be ashamed of? I do love how people act like losing that much is now “easy”…you know…because how dare they actually give any credit for it.

That is one thing you will never see in my posts…trying to degrade someone’s progress who clearly did what they needed to do.[/quote]

I stated you carried a lot of fat which meant small changes to diet made big differences I.E. you simply replaced meals with MAG-10. YOU then post a picture of where you are now that while not fat is not that lean. What was the point of that? You simply proved me right, that you were fat before.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
How much do you weigh?

FWIW my avi is from 3 days ago so there are my pics and my last avi was from a month ago and was 4 different shots with no shirt… So everyone knows how I look from a lot of angles, not just my best.[/quote]

How much do you think I weigh?

Bottom line is, I am 5’10" and very few people reach my size on this forum “obese” or not…so the attempt to act like all I did was overeat and never diet is complete nonsense and misleading to new posters.[/quote]

???

I just asked a simple question. Why is it so hard to answer a question like “how much do you weigh?” On a bodybuilding forum. That doesn’t make sense.[/quote]

It makes perfect sense considering I know who I am speaking to…people who try this hard to act like I can’t speak on bodybuilding because I am apparently “too fat” and “never competed”.

I mean, you have done that in every thread like this for months. How dumb do you think everyone is?[/quote]

I’m pretty sure you’re thinking of someone else. I’ve never said you can’t speak on bodybuilding. I have said that you should give advice on staying/getting relatively lean 10%ish since you haven’t done that… But that’s not much different than your comment on the first page of this thread where you said:

That is why you shouldn’t take advice on how to do that from people who never have.
[/quote]

Have you ever seen anyone else on this site avoid such a simple question like “how much doyou weigh?”

I haven’t. It comes up in almost every thread and people respond with their weights, not “how much do you think I weigh?” Or anything like that.

It’s not a loaded question. It’s a very simple basic question that is in no way off base considering the nature of this forum.

[quote]gregron wrote:
Have you ever seen anyone else on this site avoid such a simple question like “how much doyou weigh?”

I haven’t. It comes up in almost every thread and people respond with their weights, not “how much do you think I weigh?” Or anything like that.

It’s not a loaded question. It’s a very simple basic question that is in no way off base considering the nature of this forum.[/quote]

I have written how much I weigh recently. I don’t jump through hoops…and staying at 10% means little if you never build the impressive muscles to go with it.

That isn’t a slight at you…but these posts are ridiculous. No one else on this forum gets this much flack for every sentence posted.

No one else on this forum gets this much flack for every sentence posted.[/quote]

I don’t know if you’re fully qualified to discuss or even give out advice concerning flack.

S

[quote]gregron wrote:

It’s not a loaded question. It’s a very simple basic question that is in no way off base considering the nature of this forum.[/quote]

I have written how much I weigh recently. I don’t jump through hoops…and staying at 10% means little if you never build the impressive muscles to go with it.

That isn’t a slight at you…but these posts are ridiculous. No one else on this forum gets this much flack for every sentence posted.[/quote]

So if you’ve said it recently why not say it again? I don’t see what the big deal is?

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

No one else on this forum gets this much flack for every sentence posted.[/quote]

I don’t know if you’re fully qualified to discuss or even give out advice concerning flack.

S[/quote]

I went to flack school in Flackaloosas, Louisiana.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

That isn’t a slight at you…but these posts are ridiculous. No one else on this forum gets this much flack for every sentence posted.[/quote]

So if you’ve said it recently why not say it again? I don’t see what the big deal is?[/quote]

Good point…what is the big deal? Why are you making one out of this thread?

I asked how much you thought I weighed. Why is that such a big deal to just tell me?

^^lol. You’re like a little kid who has the “I’m taking my ball and going home” attitude.

It is seriously unbelievable that a grown adult who works in a very professional field like you do would act the way you do. It’s unreal.

I don’t care how much you weigh. I was just asking. I’m done addressing you in this thread since you can’t even answer a simple question like “how much do you weigh.”

[quote]gregron wrote:

I don’t care how much you weigh. I was just asking. [/quote]

That along with the personal insults is why I shouldn’t care.

[quote]gregron wrote:
It is seriously unbelievable that a grown adult who works in a very professional field like you do would act the way you do. It’s unreal.[/quote]

You’d be surprised, especially with fields that require tons of schooling, and don’t get “real life experience” until after everyone else has already gone through that “growing up” phase.

My girlfriend’s a doctor (in residency) and I’ve seen it a lot, both in her and her fellow residents. The most mature are the ones who took a couple years break after college before going to med school.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
It is seriously unbelievable that a grown adult who works in a very professional field like you do would act the way you do. It’s unreal.[/quote]

You’d be surprised, especially with fields that require tons of schooling, and don’t get “real life experience” until after everyone else has already gone through that “growing up” phase.

My girlfriend’s a doctor (in residency) and I’ve seen it a lot, both in her and her fellow residents. The most mature are the ones who took a couple years break after college before going to med school.[/quote]

Ya I could see that.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

My girlfriend’s a doctor (in residency) and I’ve seen it a lot, both in her and her fellow residents. The most mature are the ones who took a couple years break after college before going to med school.[/quote]
I see this a ton daily. A lot of these kids did really well academically because of mommy and daddy, but outside of grades are very ignorant/immature.

[quote]Myosin wrote:
nevermind[/quote]

You have to wonder why someone would go through all of this trouble yet drop it the moment people question the action. It was important enough for you to bring up here. Why back down now?

[/quote]

Against my better judgement, I will attempt to answer your question.

I give up because after a decade of being on this site, reading, learning and growing, I made the fatal flaw of jumping in on a thread involving Prof X. After watching you belittle people for years, I broke my own rule and got sucked into the X Vortex.

First, let me say you are a big guy by most measures. I am sure you are pretty strong as well and I wish you continued progress on whatever your goals are.

Second, you are the KING of internet banter. With 10 years and +40k posts with half of them of a combative nature, I stand no chance of winning (opening you up to see another point of view). I was stupid to even touch my keyboard.

Third, your post count is truly impressive. It is apparent you have invested a ton of time, thought and energy to these boards. In your 10 years of helping other here, I am sure many have learned from you but it does not strike you as strange with the amount of ill will you have successfully conjured up over the years? Sure, you cannot please everyone but the level of hate must stem from something? And this is not a onetime occurrence but a long-term trend. Can indeed everyone else be wrong on this? Even CT sat you down and asked you to use your powers for good, rather than bashing everyone else down. This is not some strange guy telling you something via the internet on some forum (like me), CT is a well respected coach telling you this face to face. Strange enough, you still have yet to address this occurrence.

Forth, you present yourself as an authority in an area for years, then when it comes time to walk the talk and you stumble for whatever reason. It happens. But after dishing out advice in such a negative manner for years beforehand, it is a given that you will be judged by the masses, it is a given risk of putting yourself out there.

Fifth, who is the real Professor X? The guy in the videos seems like a humble, open minded guy that is willing to learn, very reserved maybe even a nice guy I would love to train with. The X on these boards will lay the smack down at a drop of a hat on anybody. Certainly do not expect you to get into a shouting match with CT, but it was a complete 180 degree turn in both personality and perceived performance.

Sixth, you are a T-Nation veteran. You should be older, more experienced and wiser than most and carry yourself as such on these boards. Perhaps leave laying the smack down to the younger bucks.

Seventh (geez this is long), I find it interesting on why you would endure such a flood of negative feedback over the years. Not only here but other boards as well. The level of effort people put into bashing the X in unheard of. Is it that you have a burning desire to help save us from our skinny and weak fates? Or is it in some strange way, you enjoy any sort of notoriety, either positive or negative?

…damn, I broke my own rule again. I officially exit the X Vortex. Continue on…nothing to see here.

^ Cool story bro.

This thread isn’t about me, my tone, or any of the things you seem hell bent on talking about. I think I have to question why someone would be this intent on worrying about someone else’s “tone” or anything else. That is just strange.

I don’t think your “tone” is great either. I also don’t care enough about you to make a 10 paragraph post on it.

LOL

You and guys like you are what turn these threads to shit because you insist on jumping into threads to point out every “fault” in every post you think you see. It has gotten retarded.

What do you expect, if you give it, you gotta take it.