Junk Breakfast vs No Breakfast

I find myself in situations a lot where the only breakfast available is junk (i.e. donuts). I’m wondering, is it more harmful to eat the donut, or put off eating until lunch?

Get a protein shake and a shaker cup.

Cheap. Quick. Portable. Good.

depends on your personality. Both options suck, but if you can eat one donut and not go crazy the rest of the day then I say do that. Its easier to lose a lil fat than to gain muscle. Avoid catabolism at all costs.

However if you’re the type that has 1 donut and just lets loose the rest of the day (like I am) then skip it. that much damage just isnt worth it.

[quote]callmekiller wrote:
I find myself in situations a lot where the only breakfast available is junk (i.e. donuts). I’m wondering, is it more harmful to eat the donut, or put off eating until lunch?[/quote]

How is the only available breakfast donuts? Wake up the 5minutes earlier to prep a shake if you need to.

Generally this only happens when I travel in groups and don’t plan ahead. I’m the only one of my friends that has ever read two words about actual proper nutrition. They bitch at me constantly for not agreeing with their love of fat-free foods that are packed with sugar.

Generally this only happens when I travel in groups and don’t plan ahead.[/quote]

The key line in your post: “I don’t plan ahead”. Therefore you only give yourself two options: eat junk breakfast or no breakfast. If you are serious, you will magically find a third option available to you: Eating a healthy breakfast by planning ahead.

[/Endthread]

Yes that’s obvious (but still a good point). But thanks spades for actually answering the question.

Generally this only happens when I travel in groups and don’t plan ahead. I’m the only one of my friends that has ever read two words about actual proper nutrition. They bitch at me constantly for not agreeing with their love of fat-free foods that are packed with sugar.[/quote]

I am assuming you are giving in to your friends and letting them win? You need to stand up to them. If my friends ever said to me here eat a doughnut or nothing till lunch, I tell them fuck off. NO ONE has the right to give me these STUPID options. Seriouly for fuck’s sake stand up for your self, your body will thank you.

Yes that’s obvious (but still a good point). But thanks spades for actually answering the question.[/quote]

It’s obvious but “obviously” you are not serious. Otherwise, you wouldn’t put yourself in these situations.

[quote]randman wrote:
callmekiller wrote:
Yes that’s obvious (but still a good point). But thanks spades for actually answering the question.

It’s obvious but “obviously” you are not serious. Otherwise, you wouldn’t put yourself in these situations. [/quote]

Agreed.

It’s not that hard to plan ahead if you are remotely interested in achieving your goals.

Generally this only happens when I travel in groups and don’t plan ahead. I’m the only one of my friends that has ever read two words about actual proper nutrition. They bitch at me constantly for not agreeing with their love of fat-free foods that are packed with sugar.[/quote]

Well if you plan ahead from now on, will this ever be a problem for you?

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
callmekiller wrote:
Generally this only happens when I travel in groups and don’t plan ahead. I’m the only one of my friends that has ever read two words about actual proper nutrition. They bitch at me constantly for not agreeing with their love of fat-free foods that are packed with sugar.

Well if you plan ahead from now on, will this ever be a problem for you?[/quote]

It is pretty clear he does not want to plan ahead.

Eat donuts then. Lots and lots of donuts. Or starve yourself. Really, really starve yourself. And then lift. Do this for 5 years. And then look back and wonder why you haven’t made any progress. And then repeat. ha ha ha ha!!!

Try reading more than two words about proper nutrition, then you won’t ask such dumbass questions.

Haha… such passion. I guess I’m not as consistently perfect as you guys. Of course I plan ahead, I have a travel container of protein powder and a shaker. Ideally I’ll always have this covered. It’s just that OCCASIONALLY I fuck up and don’t have anything on hand in the morning. Not always, but it happens. I guess I’m the only guy who does this. Sometimes I end up without my toothbrush or a clean shirt too. Fuck me.

In any case. Would anything be better than nothing in the morning? That’s the only question I’m asking here.

Sometimes “get some discipline son!!11!” is what I need to hear, and thanks, it’s motivational, but now that that’s out of the way…

…does anyone have any science on this? In these RARE situations do I eat my nothing or my friend’s poptart?

Haha… such passion. I guess I’m not as consistently perfect as you guys. Of course I plan ahead, I have a travel container of protein powder and a shaker. Ideally I’ll always have this covered. It’s just that OCCASIONALLY I fuck up and don’t have anything on hand in the morning. Not always, but it happens. I guess I’m the only guy who does this. Sometimes I end up without my toothbrush or a clean shirt too. Fuck me.

In any case. Would anything be better than nothing in the morning? That’s the only question I’m asking here.

Sometimes “get some discipline son!!11!” is what I need to hear, and thanks, it’s motivational, but now that that’s out of the way…

…does anyone have any science on this? Do I eat my nothing or my friend’s poptart?[/quote]

OOOOOOOO…I LOVE pop-tarts. Especially cherry. Eating your nothing, sounds kind of bland. Sick with the Pop-Tarts. Cherry’s the best.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
OOOOOOOO…I LOVE pop-tarts. Especially cherry. Eating your nothing, sounds kind of bland. Sick with the Pop-Tarts. Cherry’s the best.[/quote]

LMFAO

…does anyone have any science on this? In these RARE situations do I eat my nothing or my friend’s poptart?[/quote]

[quote]imhungry wrote:
callmekiller wrote:

…does anyone have any science on this? Do I eat my nothing or my friend’s poptart?

OOOOOOOO…I LOVE pop-tarts. Especially cherry. Eating your nothing, sounds kind of bland. Sick with the Pop-Tarts. Cherry’s the best.[/quote]

x2

wow, such helpful replies. All of you, give yourselves a pat on the back.

to the OP: you have three options as I see it,

option 1 = don’t eat anything until later. skipping breakfast (or any meal) won’t cause your metabolism to crash or your muscle to fall off. if you want, just eat breakfast later, or skip it entirely and eat a little more later in the day to make up for it.

option 2 = eat the doughnut. one doughnut won’t kill you nor will it make you fat (unless you end up feeling guilty about it an end up eating the entire dozen). if its a once in a while thing, like you say it is, then go for it. you shouldn’t have to isolate yourself socially because you fear certain foods.

option 3 = plan ahead. easier said than done but if your that concerned about it, you can at least grab a piece of fruit or two and a protein shake/bar.

there you go, three options laid out for you. choose the one you like best and don’t sweat it.