Junior WR. Magnus Onerud

Today I saw our Swedish phenomenon Magnus �?nerud squatting a new Junior World record of 391kg/860.2lbs at an age of 21.

After that he benched 230kg/506lbs and then deadlifted 340kg/748lbs like nothing.

A video will be posted here tomorrow: http://styrkelyftaren.com/Styrkelyftaren/Styrkelyftaren_Pages/Styrkelyftaren_Index/JSK-Styrkelyftaren.html
http://www.jonkoping-styrkelyft.com/aktuellt%20ny.htm

Magnus has been discussed here at T-Nation before but its now time to put the spotlight on him again.

Magnus weighs 106kg/233.2lbs and competes in the IPF in class 110kg. He is a clean athlete who is being tested several times a year during his training and competing. Magnus never knows when WADA calls him to be tested and thats why its a safe method against the use of AAS.

edit: Picture is taken from his second squat which was 380kg.

Magnus training log at Metal: http://www.gometal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=299&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45&sid=195eebda7d39ccc37ea21abde5c92bc8

He’s one of the sickest lifters in the junior ranks at the moment. I didn’t realise he’s gone up to 110kg… I always thought he was a bit tall for a 100kg’er. I can’t wait to see what sorta weight he’ll put up as he fills out.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
He’s one of the sickest lifters in the junior ranks at the moment. I didn’t realise he’s gone up to 110kg… I always thought he was a bit tall for a 100kg’er. I can’t wait to see what sorta weight he’ll put up as he fills out.[/quote]

He is crazy. Well, he will squat 400/880 soon. That I’m sure of.

I think that he will pull 350-360/770-792 at the next comp.

why’re they all named magnus?

[quote]Son of Man wrote:
why’re they all named magnus?[/quote]

Magnus in Scandinavian countries is the equivalent to John or Steve here in the states.

Magnus Squat (391kg), Anders deadlift [307.5) Danils deadlift (320kg), Marcus deadlift and Magnus deadlift (340)

http://www.jonkoping-styrkelyft.com/Film%20Lag%20SM%20final%202007.wmv

He is absolutely sick. Funny thing is he doesn’t even look strong. It will be really interesting to see how much better he can get.

[quote]molnes wrote:
He is absolutely sick. Funny thing is he doesn’t even look strong. It will be really interesting to see how much better he can get.[/quote]

I know. He does not look that strong. He is probably not human :smiley:

He will squat 880+ soon but it will not take long until he eliminates the senior worldrecord in class 110. I hope that he will squat more than Coan did :smiley:

The Road to world record
http://styrkelyftaren.com/media/Film/Mange_961.wmv

First off, those vids are a disgusting display of strength.

He only totalled 845kg at the IPF jr worlds last august at 100 (320/205/320) and now he’s up hitting 391/230/340 at 106…

Does ANYONE know how the hell he managed this? (and what I can do to replicate it…)

I know he was wearing the new Metal gear this time around. That might be a factor?

Goddamn, I envy him.

What a fucking beast.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

He only totalled 845kg at the IPF jr worlds last august at 100 (320/205/320) and now he’s up hitting 391/230/340 at 106…

Does ANYONE know how the hell he managed this? (and what I can do to replicate it…)

I know he was wearing the new Metal gear this time around. That might be a factor?[/quote]

Yes, the new Gear helped him alot. He says that he loves it! :smiley:

But he has increased his streangth alot. Magnus is a monster and he will soon lift a total of 1000kg. I think that he will break some senior world records in calls 110.

350 - 380 - 391 | 220 - 230 | 310 - 330 - 340

Reminds me of Magnus Ver Magnusson. He looks big, but not powerful, yet… monster, just like MVM.

Old picture of Magnus

http://www.jonkoping-styrkelyft.com/USM_2003_magnus.jpg

Quite long arms! He was a basketball player before he started powerlifting.

That was some nice lifting. Pretty damn strong.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

I know he was wearing the new Metal gear this time around. That might be a factor?[/quote]

For some reason his body structure and technique gives him a lot of help when he puts his gear on. His suitless PR in the squat is only 260, with a fairly recent miss on 270 if my memory serves me. He could probably do 270 now though. Still though that is a huge difference from his equipped max. I don’t think there are too many lifters that get 120 kgs on their equipment.

This however doesn’t explain his sick benching or deadlifting, so he is definitively just a sick sick talent. He is probably clean as well. I would give a lot to get those strength genes.

[quote]molnes wrote:
Hanley wrote:

I know he was wearing the new Metal gear this time around. That might be a factor?

For some reason his body structure and technique gives him a lot of help when he puts his gear on. His suitless PR in the squat is only 260, with a fairly recent miss on 270 if my memory serves me. He could probably do 270 now though. Still though that is a huge difference from his equipped max. I don’t think there are too many lifters that get 120 kgs on their equipment.

This however doesn’t explain his sick benching or deadlifting, so he is definitively just a sick sick talent. He is probably clean as well. I would give a lot to get those strength genes. [/quote]

Are you fucking shittin’ me???

That’s absolutely crazy. How “raw” are we talking? Belted?? Jesus I can’t get over that.

Checked his log, the raw squats were belted, and 3 days after a max deadlift. Still a huge carryover though! I’d love to get 100kg out of gear, let alone 100+.
I was getting the new King Sumo deadlifter and some All Black knee wraps for our gym anyway. Now I have to try really really hard to avoid getting a King squatter!