T Nation

Junior National: 830lbs DL

Kyle Gulledge. 19 YO. 830lbs DL.

Who is this guy?

Seriously. Holy sh*t.

Dave Gulledge’s younger brother.

Bit of a thread about Dave:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/pictures_pics_photo_body_image_performance/all_powerlifters_are_fatties

[quote]psychoshonen wrote:
Dave Gulledge’s younger brother.

Bit of a thread about Dave:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/pictures_pics_photo_body_image_performance/all_powerlifters_are_fatties
[/quote]

Wow! Thanks for that. I remember that thread.

I would love to look like Dave at 265! Thick as hell.

Family of strong mofos.

damn… makes me want to go cry in shame…

He made it look almost TOO easy

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:

I would love to look like Dave at 265! Thick as hell.

Family of strong mofos.
[/quote]

Seriously, the guy looks fantastic. Definitely a family of monsters.

His secret is TWO gallons of whole milk a day

This video is pretty old, does anybody know where he is at today?
EDIT Although his 700+ opener was a total smoke show, a wight im not even close to being 19 now, his following attempts did not look locked out. Anybody else notice that?

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
This video is pretty old, does anybody know where he is at today?
EDIT Although his 700+ opener was a total smoke show, a wight im not even close to being 19 now, his following attempts did not look locked out. Anybody else notice that?[/quote]

None of us in this thread could even move that thing by an inch. It doesn’t matter that much.

As of right now, I can’t see the video… Is the guy bald? I saw a bald 19 year old somewhere in youtube deadlifting 700+ raw. It might be the same guy in a different competition.

I guess it all depends on how strict the judges are during the comp. However, I say that I am impressed with the display of strength that kid had. I would love to pull that myself. I say good lift; 280 more pounds and then I can be that guy on youtube with the 830 DL.

I love the comments

"Sumo style is wrong, cuz the distance is shorter, clasic lift requires a lot of back strengh (olympic style) "

“Pardon me when i said the expresion “wrong”, the lift is not bassically wrong, all i wanted to say is that is a cheating way to lift because (i said it again) the distance between the lift and the lockout is shorter.”

“The deadlift has become important because of strengh sports like WSM competitions, but still the sumo lift is not a “legal lift”.”

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
Pipes06 wrote:
This video is pretty old, does anybody know where he is at today?
EDIT Although his 700+ opener was a total smoke show, a wight im not even close to being 19 now, his following attempts did not look locked out. Anybody else notice that?

None of us in this thread could even move that thing by an inch. It doesn’t matter that much.

[/quote]

Don’t be so ridiculous.

I guess we couldn’t call Mike Miller’s 1200+ squat high because no one here could do it either so?

I hate that Youtube even allows comments, as 90% of the people who post them have to be retarded.

That kid is a beast, hopefully he sticks with it and keeps pushing himself.

I dunno if it was locked out…but the first pull was so easy and the second looked locked out to me…just sick at 19…Hell about 15 years ago the NCAA record was, I think about 640 by Randall Mcdaniel.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:
Pipes06 wrote:
This video is pretty old, does anybody know where he is at today?
EDIT Although his 700+ opener was a total smoke show, a wight im not even close to being 19 now, his following attempts did not look locked out. Anybody else notice that?

None of us in this thread could even move that thing by an inch. It doesn’t matter that much.

Don’t be so ridiculous.

I guess we couldn’t call Mike Miller’s 1200+ squat high because no one here could do it either so?
[/quote]

Agree completely. However, at a quick glance, pulls look locked out to me. He almost shortens himself into the bar at the top, and doesn’t hyperextend like a lot of sumo guys, so maybe that’s why it doesn’t look locked? If you watch Vince Anello pull, he does the same thing where he appears to get shorter as the pull progresses.

Anyone know what his current lifts are?

Would that be the heaviest sumo pull? if not then what is? I know all the guys who have pulled over 900 have done it conventional.

[quote]confusedjake wrote:
Would that be the heaviest sumo pull? if not then what is? I know all the guys who have pulled over 900 have done it conventional.[/quote]

Tell that to Ed Coan.

I believe the heaviest sumo was Maxim Podtynny around the 910-ish range. I think Coan’s 901 was semi-sumo as well.

yea i have seen this video. he is a sick fuck…

Pretty awesome.