Jumping Off Test Cycle to Get TRT Prescription

800ng/dl? But you could be at 1300ng/dl. You NEED TRT!

Can someone just educate me while offtopic - why exactly do some people need to go to doctor to get TRT after they already have been using testosterone? Like, you HAVE the test… cant you do bloodwork, use some common dose, test blood again, find your best levels and just do your trt without doctor?

I’m guessing it has to do with the whole ‘not wanting to go to prison for possession of illegal substances’ issue, so people pay more for a subscription. The other benefit is not having to deal with UGL that can be dosed inconsistently dependant on batch and the lab can go bust basically anytime.

1 Like

That’s exactly my reason. You could get cooking oil in the testosterone vials from the black market and I probably did the last 2 injections when I switched to a new brand and the effects of the injections went missing, I felt worse and worse.

It’s nice to know that I get pharmacy stuff with legit TRT. If it were legalized with testosterone, I would happily do everything myself.

Didn’t you just do this?

This is what I do, but understand why someone wants a clinic. Mostly legal reasons, but many also don’t feel comfortable making medical decisions.

Yes I kinda did. But I did only wait 2 weeks since last injection instead of the recommended 4 weeks I should’ve waited according to you guys on the forum.

Due to the very short half life of testosteron gel, I think it’s enough to be off it 2 or maximum 3 days before a bloodwork to get as low as possible testosterone levels?

oh ok, so thats like American problem :smiley: thanks :slight_smile:

I mean most “clinics” in the US prescribe to anybody. I’m not saying you’re not in need, just take what they say and do your own research/advocating.

Oh I gotcha. Why not just wait another two weeks then and not take the gel?

I’m just worried that maybe the bodies testosterone production could have re-started already, but I’m a beginner at testosterone injections so maybe I’m wrong. I think that taking testosterone gel will shut down my bodys production for sure and I feel more confident to get low levels this way when doing bloodwork.

If you’re taking any sort of testosterone therapy you will remain shut down. Cream or injection matters not.

Mine was. When my PCP gave me t Gel with nothing else I ended up with gyno a year later and an 8 thousand dollar surgery bill.

Now I’m hopefully one step closer to treatment through the primary care system. Took a total testosterone blood test (paid for myself) 48 hours since I last used my testosterone gel and got a testosterone reading of only 150ng/dl!

Going to show this result to my primary care doctor in my appointment in may and hopefully get put on testosterone injections in the soon future.

I’d call that successful