Jumping Back Into Anchor Post Vacation/Illness

So I was on vacation for my 7th week after my 2 Pervertor leaders without access to a gym. No big deal there, tweaked my back and needed some full rest anyway. Buuuuuut I caught the fucking plague on my flight home and have been out of action this week as well. I feel super weak and small, no appetite and just left the house for the first time today. Should I try and go straight into the anchor on Monday (if I feel better), or should I do a 7th week protocol where I hit my TM on each lift? Any other suggestions are welcome as well.

I’ve done something I’ve dubbed a ‘pre-load’ week. I’ll take my 2nd week numbers from my previous cycle (the one I just finished) and do 5’s or even 3’s with that. That’s usually enough to prime me for jumping into an anchor cycle -or a heavy week (5/3/1+) if my vacation, injury, or illness occurred mid cycle. Just feel things out with weights you’ve handled before.

2 Likes

I like that idea man, thanks! Happy to finally be feeling well enough to think about training again, this one knocked my ass out. We’ll see how the weekend goes and I’ll go from there.

Well I jumped straight into the anchor today and didn’t instantaneously combust, so I think it was the right call. Set a PR on both the main heavy set and the Widowmaker.