T Nation

Jump Bulgerian Lunges

Wasn’t too sure where to post this…

Im interested on adding some mass to my legs while still increasing my vertical so i decided i’d add some bulgerian lunge jumps on my next leg workout. At the moment my exercise order looks like this

Squat 5 x 3
Leg Press or Hack Squat 4 x 12
Leg Extensions 3 x20
Glute Bridges 4 x 6
Leg Curls 3-5 x 15

I’m not sure where to put the jumps in my workout because i keep hearing its more of max effort type of lift but that would mean i’d have to put it infront of squats and im still trying to get stronger on that. Any thoughts on where to add this movement? My split is the following incase anyone wanted to know… (chest,back,legs,shoulders,arms)

thanks

Your program looks horrific. It seems like you are trying to accomplish too many goals at once.

And if you want to increase your vert, doing actual regular jumps will be more effective than a variation like split squat jumps. I would put them before your squats–they might even help potentiate the movement.

[quote]smallmike wrote:
Your program looks horrific. It seems like you are trying to accomplish too many goals at once.

[/quote]

How so?

You have a bodybuilding-type split yet you are in a powerlifting forum asking questions about increasing your vert.

Do you really have a day just for chest and a day just for arms?