Jump and Lift

[quote]adarqui wrote:
azbulldog wrote:
Bantam Runner,

I was referring to the “dynamic half squats” featured in the first video, I have no problem with the jump squats he performed.

Adarqui,

I’ll stick with weighted plyos and atg/box squats any day over “specific to jumping” half squats.

cool… glad you would do so…

but weighted plyos are not generally a good idea…

and some of the best coaches to have ever graced this planet utilize half squats as they peak for their performance increases.

if you’re peaking vert and you don’t incorporate half squats, then you’re probably not going to obtain that extra inch (or inches) ;d

and why would one object to a half squat while acceptive a half-jump squat? don’t you see how powerful the specificity is?

peace[/quote]

weigthed plyos are good but you better be strong before progressing in the.FORCE =MASS X ACCELERATION think about it if i can add more speed coming down then release the dumbell before i jump on the box im going to add more mass and acceleration.Have you ever heard of the virtual force swing.Its like plyos on steroids.Also when perfoming my weighted plyos or just plyo jumps i always have my athletes land on 1 inch foam pads to really work more connective tissue.IM all about pure speed and power baby