T Nation

Julius Maddox 800lb Bench?

Holy shit he could’ve done 30 reps lol.

He could legitamately do sets with 300lbs dumbbells if he wanted to.

He needs these fully loaded to not be doing cardio work

2 Likes

Hmmmm…

Wonder what his weight is there? Dude definitely seems a lot smaller than Maddox

Your comment made me chuckle. I did indeed have to google to find the weight lifted :joy:

1 Like

Back onto lighter weight class ATWRs. James Strickland did not have a great weekend. Not sure if he was shooting for 700 here, probably more of a feeler meet but his last warm up looked like a roughish opener and his actual opener looked like it could have been his 3rd attempt then looks like an injury on his last attempt

1 Like

750x2… 800 is in play!

1 Like

That’s too much weight to even have an opinion about. Im way more focused on the cutoff overalls. And his spotter, wearing identical cutoff overalls.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Daniel Zamani, with a claimed 766 raw bench. I don’t know, it looked a little too easy and the bar Isn’t bending at all.

Bar definitely bends and wobbles in the rack/unrack. I wonder why there’s a bunch of obviously used plates on the ground and what appears to me brand new plates on the bar though?

1 Like

I see the bar bend, but it could be a mix of plates. One fake 25kg plate side is a huge difference (110 lbs). I’m also confused about plates being everywhere, but I don’t think there is much to definitevely conclude from that, seems suspicious though.

A lift of that magnitude needs verification. Either done in a meet, or have the weights weighed after the lift in a way that can’t be faked.

1 Like

What brand is Elelxo?

Did they get custom plates and put Elelxo on them?

1 Like

New all time female equipped record. Rae-Ann Coughenour-Miller benches 605 lbs, breaking Becca Swanson’s record of 600.8 lbs, whioch was set 13 years ago.

4 Likes

Didn’t even catch that at first! Maybe it’s something like a Giorgio Armandio suit.

1 Like
1 Like

Knock off Eleiko probably made in Iran because import difficulties.

Was that spotter holding the bar in his competition lift? Anyway, competition for 800 - fake or real - is good to see and I hope he takes the bench in competition.

Wow, I didn’t catch that. He certainly was. But it was equipped, so what’s wrong with a little more cheating, right?