T Nation

Julien G (zraw) Road To Provincials 2014

My first prep thread has reached the max number of replies!

Here is the link for those still interested

Here is a small recap video of the last prep week posing and changes etc etc

I placed 2nd in the lightheavyweights making the weight at 192.6 but having already carb loaded.
I lost to a guy that ended up being 210 on stage. What I was told was that I was the most conditionned guy of the whole show and had amazing symmetry and just needed to add some muscle if I wanted to be very very hard to beat.

THIS, IS WHAT I INTEND TO DO DURING THE NEXT 14MONTHS.

Here is my offseason thread, and road to the provincials 2014, in which I plan to compete at over 200lbs on stage.

What this thread will be about : My progress thru the offseason. Some training footages, some eating footage (more interesting than while dieting) and a bit of posing updates, maybe once a month. Also some pics updates. Training and diet updates… JUST A FREAKING AWESOME THREAD FULL OF INFORMATIONS AND FUN STUFF OK?!

The plan : I will be working with John Meadows for the whole offseason. We will be going at it hard, VERY HARD. Even though what comes out is that I have great lines and symmetry I want to bring my back up, make it a great bodypart. I obviously want everything to grow but a bit more focus will be placed on the back. Triceps and hams will also have a bit more focus, I think. In the end I will let John decide what we do.

What I want : Add AT LEAST 10lbs of STAGE WEIGHT. Im being very conservative here given the ressources I will have access to

The challenge : Grow as much as I can while keeping my symetry and dare I say aethetic look

The 2nd challenge : In end of march/early april 2014 I will need to do a show to qualify for the provincials. All that is needed is to ENTER the show, you dont need to place well. The reason why this is a challenge is that even though I wont peak for that show, it will take time off my growth as I wont want to look like crap either.

The goal : Be a top contender in the light heavyweights or heavyweights at the provincials in 2014.

For those interested, I do plan on using Plazma intraworkout as I feel it really does make a difference. As far as other things are concerned well you will just have to wait and see!

Feel free to ask any questions :slight_smile:

OFFSEASON STARTS…NOW

I will be posting pics from the show and videos from the show as soon as I will have them, which may take a while from what ive been told

Awesome.

Is Skip still doing your diet or will that be John as well? Or are you just handling it yourself?

I will definitely be following! You give me motivation to bust ass in the gym. Training vids are more than welcome. This is going to be an awesome journey!

Will defo be following this!

[quote]samoth2 wrote:
Awesome.

Is Skip still doing your diet or will that be John as well? Or are you just handling it yourself?
[/quote]

John will be monitoring everything.

I absolutely LOVE skiploading. I just dont feel like its optimal for me during the offseason. I will for sure go back to the same “combo” when in prep mode. Being MD training and TS dieting

But for the offseason, its 100% John’s job to make me freakin huge… Well not 100% but I’ll be doing my job so… :slight_smile:

I really like your attitude. Everything is just a work in progress; no need to get hung up on where you were yesterday, when you can spend today improving it.

And you did great yesterday. I just love the forward-looking attitude.

I’d also like to say that even though it looks like I’m praising Biotest and Plazma and stuff, I am not sponsored by them lol.

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]samoth2 wrote:
Awesome.

[/quote]

John will be monitoring everything.

I absolutely LOVE skiploading. I just dont feel like its optimal for me during the offseason. I will for sure go back to the same “combo” when in prep mode. Being MD training and TS dieting

But for the offseason, its 100% John’s job to make me freakin huge… Well not 100% but I’ll be doing my job so… :)[/quote]

That’s what I plan on doing as well once I start earning some cash. Just tell someone that I want to be hyoooge and then let them decide everything.

Can’t wait to see the results of the offseason.

I wasn’t around all weekend, so I missed congratulating you coming off your 2nd place finish.

CONGRATULATIONS, Z!!

I’m really proud of you, your attitude, the joy you carry through it all, and of course your terrific placement in your first contest!

Major props for the contest, definitely following for the off season.

Keep up the great work ethic and training.

Your contest thread caused me to keep checking in constantly for updates, this thread should keep the excitement going!

in

You’re ~3/4 as cool as Antoine Valliant. I’m expecting big things from this thread.

I can honestly say, I have NEVER truly been excited for a thread. Am way excited and grateful for this!

Congrats on the 2nd place finish.
A job well done, and very well deserved. Your dedication and commitment is truly amazing.
Looking forward to following you to your next show as well!

_Mel

Subscribed.

In for gainz

Congratulations on the 2nd place victory man! Looking forward to this thread.

A job very well done my friend. All around, you have grown. Physically, and mentally as a bodybuilder. Definitely looking forward to watching you continue down the path you have chosen. You’ve made us all proud with not just your tenacity, but your true love of the sport.

S

truly an inspiration bro, makes me think about competing one day to see where I’m at.