T Nation

Juicing... As In a Juicer

Hey all, I’m thinking of getting a juicer, something like this:

http://www.powerjuicer.com

I’m concerned though about the lack of fiber in this. Is there a juicer out there that will “include” the fiber from the veggies and not strip them out? Does anyone juice (so to speak)?

Thank you for your time.

If you don’t want to do any kind of separating, then I’d assume a regular blender would work.

My sister lent me her juicer when I had a jaw surgery and I thought the thing sucked. First off, you go through a lot of fruits/veggies just for some juice and it usually doesn’t come out cold. Just eat your veggies and fruits straight up or stick to a blender. Personally, I’d never buy a juicer…and they’re a complete bitch to clean.

[quote]Digity wrote:
My sister lent me her juicer when I had a jaw surgery and I thought the thing sucked. First off, you go through a lot of fruits/veggies just for some juice and it usually doesn’t come out cold. Just eat your veggies and fruits straight up or stick to a blender. Personally, I’d never buy a juicer…and they’re a complete bitch to clean.[/quote]

ditto to this. unless there is some specialized diet you have that requires a juicer specifically they really aren’t worth the hassle. a high end blender or a small food processor should accomplish what you’re looking for for a lot less money

My buddy got a food processor and made all kinds of stuff with it, mostly salsas, sauces, and all kinds of veggie dips and spreads. I’d recommend that over a juicer, but I think I blender would work just as well.

I <3 the Magic Bullet.

I juice but just use a blender. I mostly make carrot, apple, and green vegetable oriented drinks. This looks better though, mine are all chunky and hard to drink!

[quote]Digity wrote:
…and they’re a complete bitch to clean.[/quote]

You got that right!

Vita-Mix. The blender on steroids.

It can pulverize fruits and veggies into a juice-like drink that still includes all the fiber. It’s fantastic for making shakes, smoothies, and soups. Easy to clean. Lasts forever.

[quote]andersons wrote:
Vita-Mix. The blender on steroids.

It can pulverize fruits and veggies into a juice-like drink that still includes all the fiber. It’s fantastic for making shakes, smoothies, and soups. Easy to clean. Lasts forever. [/quote]

I want to get it so bad. Once my current one breaks I will. Although, it’s bloody expensive.

what the hell

I was gonna buy it and post “done, bought” and then looked at the price. It’s a BLENDER. $400+???

It just works so much better than a regular blenders, though. It’s like saying that Mercedes and Yugos are both just cars.

It breezes through stuff that blenders choke on. I had gone through a lot of blenders before I bought this thing.

Here’s a story. There’s a hard plastic tamper for pushing stuff toward the blades if needed. You put it into the hole in the lid, so the lid keeps it the proper distance from the blade. I don’t usually need to use it, but one morning I did, and absent-mindedly pulled off the WHOLE lid and pushed the tamper down. (I am NOT a morning person.) Well, in about 5 seconds the blades pulverized about 6" of the hard plastic into a million specks resembling black pepper. A blender would’ve maybe put a couple dents in the tamper.

I don’t know, I just never regret spending money on really superior tools. And, as the OP asked, it WILL make something similar to juice but including all the fiber, yet pulverizing it into a beautiful smooth texture.

The best price I found was on ebay, around $325 for factory-reconditioned model. Replacement tampers cost $25. :frowning: