T Nation

Juggernaut Method

can anyone explain in detail the Juggernaut Method please? as in give me a sample program. as well does anyone have a spread sheet with this?? even 5/3/1 spreadsheet if available. 10x

holy spoonfed batman. . .

I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

This guy is 3 Juggernauts, bitch!

would you like a handjob with that?

How about....
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=370&pid=3730

I mean jim and chad published these plans because they hope to earn some income from them. I mean it's 20 bucks. If you've got money for protein, food, and a gym membership you've got 20 bucks. If not, I'm sure you could do some things that would get you the 20, albeit you might cry yourself to sleep afterward.

I purchased the book about a month ago and it answers your question. Buy the ebook.

PM'd.

Anyone else interested in TJM, shoot me a PM too.

My question is to those that have to book. what are your thoughts on it? I am thinking of picking it up but unlike others, I am unaware of people's thoughts on the program.

I haven't started the program yet but it looks good so far. The best thing is its compatible with 5/3/1 meaning you can do some lifts on that program but others on 5/3/1. I'm doing 5/3/1 currently (a very modified version) so I will probably try the juggernaut rep scheme on just 1 of the lifts to start with. My only complaint is that the information you learn is very similar to the 5/3/1 book, even references the same assistance templates. So my advice is just get 1 of them.

But why would i buy the book before knowing what it entails...i have starting strength which i knew what it was about and even 5/3/1...and yes ill take the handjob if ur still offering

It's better than 5/3/1.

Looks very thought out and effective but it can be very similar to 5/3/1. I havent ran it though since Im not one to switch programs often but I plan to eventually. Like sufiandy said, Id only invest in one book or the other.

Why?

In short, it is a block periodization scheme. You do 4 weeks phases of 10,8,5,3 reps on the core lifts. Each phase is broken up into acculumulation, intensification, realization. It is basic high volume/low intensity like several sets of 10 working up to one set of max reps in the last week.

So in a 10s phase, you do like 5 sets of 10 in week 1, less sets but heavier in week 2, then in week 3 you work up to a set of max reps. The last week is a deload. If you do over 10 in your realization week, which you should because you start light, you use your reps over goal to calculate a new max used to adjust the loads for the next phase.

I think it is an interesting program and I started doing it a bit ago. I didn't feel like waiting forever to get into heavier weights though so I scrapped it for something else.

You should adjust pretty quick to challenging loads as you adjust your training loads every 4 weeks, so even if you start light by the 5's phase, I'm thinking you should be hitting a max set between 5-10 reps which is a good workout, however it will take 12 weeks to work up to it.

I have a spreadsheet with everything programmed real nice and it will adjust your loads based on your acheived reps in your realization phase on google docs that is public. You may be able to find it but I'm not going to post the link because it give away the program that is honestly worth the $20.

HAHAHA

The higher volume initially with lighter weights is what prepares you for the heavier weights later on and is what gives you better results than a program that remains the same month to month. I've read logs from at least 3 people now who've gone through the 10s month or even the 10s and 8s months before moving on to a new training program. That's a huge mistake and a waste of 2 months. That's basically putting in all the work and never "realizing" the gains you just spent 1-2 months laying the foundation for. TJM produces superior results because of what you go through in the first few months. Those first 2 months are just as essential to the program as the last 2 are.

One of the reasons this program is better than 5/3/1 IMO, is because of how the training max is adjusted for the following month by your results in the realization week on the AMRAP sets. Those AMRAP sets don't just exist for no reason like they do in 5/3/1, and there isn't a one size fits all method of increasing your training max (5 lbs for upper body lifts and 10 lbs for lower body lifts).

Another reason I like TJM is because Chad incorporates things like plyometrics before the main lifts during training sessions. He was a nationally ranked shotputter, just totalled over 1,900 lbs. in his first raw powerlifting competition and is insanely athletic. He has much more knowledge to offer regarding improving conditioning and athleticism than most powerlifters do. He has more to say than just, "run hills, pull a sled or push a prowler." Apparently, Chad's also going to put out a book in June on the methods he uses to train grapplers for competition and fighters for MMA. I'm eager to read that book when it comes out, as well.

From the looks of it all, I have to agree with Urban on this one. The program makes a lot of sense and because it is geared towards athlete that require more explosive power and speed, I'm giving it a go this march. We'll see where I am at after 16 weeks, 32 weeks, and again at 48.

Looks pretty cool. Since you're adjusting your max based on your performance throughout the phases it gets heavy pretty quick anyways.

Just finished the first month of TJM, I'm happy with it so far. Looking forward to moving to the 8s cycle though. The amount of reps in the 10s cycle nearly killed me.