Judging Yourself and Sarah Palin

Well it remains to be seen who “We The People” put in The White House. Will we have a breathe of fresh air from Bush…or choke on more stale air?? I hate this presidential campaign season…seriously.

A second consideration that not only is experience something to consider, but proof of competence at a given level of functioning.

Palin has proven herself competent, more than competent actually it appears, of being in charge of a quite large operation with quite many employees.

Obama has never demonstrated competence at such a thing. He has not even demonstrated that he could manage a Burger King for one shift. Probably he could, as a guess, but whether he has even that degree of management ability is undemonstrated.

The only thing he’s demonstrated competence at is campaigning, at obtaining donations (while in the Illinois legislature he was particularly adept at getting donations from slumlords) and at obtaining benefits from the state for said slumlords. No other demonstrated competence, and most certainly not at governance or any sort of executive or managerial capacity.

Such a lack of proven ability cannot be said of Palin.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
A second consideration that not only is experience something to consider, but proof of competence at a given level of functioning.

Palin has proven herself competent, more than competent actually it appears, of being in charge of a quite large operation with quite many employees.

Obama has never demonstrated competence at such a thing.

The only thing he’s demonstrated competence at is campaigning, at obtaining donations (while in the Illinois legislature he was particularly adept at getting donations from slumlords) and at obtaining sweetheart deals for said slumlords. No other demonstrated competence, and most certainly not at governance or any sort of executive or managerial capacity.
[/quote]

Thats good food for thought…but then you have to explain to some people what “competence” means. Competence under whose guidlines?? I’m more worried about McCain’s “competence” than Palin’s…but that brings back the discussion of is she “fit” to lead this country if McCain croaks on us?? This is not the same as governing,as someone put it, “18 people and some reindeer.”

Under the pressures of leading this country…or just being on the national level,will her level of competence change for the worse or better?? We don’t know,do we?? BUT of course,this also applies to Obama…I’m not gonna deny that.

Is Bush “competent?” He was governor…and businessman also??

Anyone who would claim that running the Alaskan state government – with 15,000 employees and a budget of 8 billion dollars – is so trivial as to be compared to “18 people and some reindeer” clearly is so disconnected from reality that rational discussion is impossible.

I trust you were only citing others holding an extreme view, and not yourself suggesting that competently running the Alaskan state government for two years is not a very significant demonstration of executive and managerial competence.

Anyone who would claim that running the Alaskan state government – with 15,000 employees and a budget of 8 billion dollars – is so trivial as to be compared to “18 people and some reindeer” clearly is so disconnected from reality that rational discussion is impossible.

I trust you were only citing others holding an extreme view, and not yourself suggesting that competently running the Alaskan state government for two years is not a very significant demonstration of executive and managerial competence.[/quote]

I was citing…their views are extreme…funny…but sadly,that is the view lots of people are taking already…because she has no national experience at all…and only 1.5 years running sparsely populated Alaska…and no one knows who the hell she was…except for being “America’s Hottest Governor.”

Like I said,we don’t know what her level of competency is on the national level…that hasn’t been shown. People have no connection to her outside the trivial stuff thats giving everyone here hard-ons. So it remains to be seen who is.

Obama has never demonstrated competence at such a thing. He has not even demonstrated that he could manage a Burger King for one shift. Probably he could, as a guess, but whether he has even that degree of management ability is undemonstrated.

[/quote]

Bill I thoroughly have to disagree

Why Obama would fail (epic fail perhaps???) at managing BK:

1. when asked when he thinks the fries are ready he responds “uhhh…uhhmmm…it depends on if we are talking from a taste or crispiness perspective and…uhmmm…uhhhh…(10 mins of pandering later…thats above my paygrade”. Unsure what to do the employees leave the fries in the fry-o-lator until they burn and burst into flames destroying the BK

2. On his first day he would immediately start deducting money from the “upper” BK earners paychecks to distribute to the “lower” ones. All the good workers go elsewhere, all the lazy ones stay around with their hands out for more.

4)He would make a huge investment in a completely unproven wind powered grill while putting a cap on the amount of power the store can use leading to undercooked burgers, food poisoning and lawsuits

1. In a series of meetings with the Manger of McD’s across the street, Obama would meet and practice his “stern negotiation” techniques. After the manager sends his workers over to coerce BK customers to McDs instead, Obama would send out a strongly worded letter to the McD manager. When that doesn’t work, he will take money from his workers pay checks and send it to McDs as incentive to stop being mean. (I am at a loss for how to finish this analogy to show Obama destroying his own weapons and army while allowing the other guys to build them up. Not as clever as I wish I was, but i try)

2. By ordering all whoppers to have fresh organic arugula instead of iceburg lettuce, Obama sends the cost of food through the roof.

1)After writing 2 books on how he got his love of burgers over 20 yrs from his reverend (Rev. Wrong), when a youtube clip leaks of the Rev spewing radical vegan views, Obama slowly distances himself from the rev. saying he never really ate with him and never saw his vegantarianism. Slowly he starts adding more and more tofu to the menu under the guise of “changes you can taste” until BK is full blow vegetarianism and all the non-ghey customers get up and go to texas (roadhouse) which seceeds and becomes the only bastion of freedom…

And I concur. Bill, please never stop posting here. You bring the intelligence level of this forum way up and keep it on topic. Great reads

I trust you were only citing others holding an extreme view, and not yourself suggesting that competently running the Alaskan state government for two years is not a very significant demonstration of executive and managerial competence.[/quote]

If they were rational thinkers - they would not be liberals.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I have to personally wonder, never heard of her before yesterday. She is beautiful, but I think that will be a hindrance. Do you remember how all the people thought Katie Couric was too hot? I wonder if McCain is thinking with his little head ?[/quote]

FYI, she was talked about quite a bit on Kudlow’s program over the last several weeks whenever the VP possibles were mentioned. She has been a favorite of Kudlow.

CLASSIC POST! :slight_smile:

[quote]TBoZ1244 wrote:

1. when asked when he thinks the fries are ready he responds “uhhh…uhhmmm…it depends on if we are talking from a taste or crispiness perspective and…uhmmm…uhhhh…(10 mins of pandering later…thats above my paygrade”. Unsure what to do the employees leave the fries in the fry-o-lator until they burn and burst into flames destroying the BK

2. On his first day he would immediately start deducting money from the “upper” BK earners paychecks to distribute to the “lower” ones. All the good workers go elsewhere, all the lazy ones stay around with their hands out for more.

4)He would make a huge investment in a completely unproven wind powered grill while putting a cap on the amount of power the store can use leading to undercooked burgers, food poisoning and lawsuits

1. In a series of meetings with the Manger of McD’s across the street, Obama would meet and practice his “stern negotiation” techniques. After the manager sends his workers over to coerce BK customers to McDs instead, Obama would send out a strongly worded letter to the McD manager. When that doesn’t work, he will take money from his workers pay checks and send it to McDs as incentive to stop being mean. (I am at a loss for how to finish this analogy to show Obama destroying his own weapons and army while allowing the other guys to build them up. Not as clever as I wish I was, but i try)

2. By ordering all whoppers to have fresh organic arugula instead of iceburg lettuce, Obama sends the cost of food through the roof.

1)After writing 2 books on how he got his love of burgers over 20 yrs from his reverend (Rev. Wrong), when a youtube clip leaks of the Rev spewing radical vegan views, Obama slowly distances himself from the rev. saying he never really ate with him and never saw his vegantarianism. Slowly he starts adding more and more tofu to the menu under the guise of “changes you can taste” until BK is full blow vegetarianism and all the non-ghey customers get up and go to texas (roadhouse) which seceeds and becomes the only bastion of freedom…[/quote]

[quote]TBoZ1244 wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:

1)After writing 2 books on how he got his love of burgers over 20 yrs from his reverend (Rev. Wrong), when a youtube clip leaks of the Rev spewing radical vegan views, Obama slowly distances himself from the rev. saying he never really ate with him and never saw his vegantarianism. Slowly he starts adding more and more tofu to the menu under the guise of “changes you can taste” until BK is full blow vegetarianism and all the non-ghey customers get up and go to texas (roadhouse) which seceeds and becomes the only bastion of freedom…

And I concur. Bill, please never stop posting here. You bring the intelligence level of this forum way up and keep it on topic. Great reads[/quote]

LMAO. That’s all I can say. Love the vegan one.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
If Obama had been white, then he wouldn’t even be in the race. Hillary and Barack are very similar in political philosophy, so the vote would have been closer to a split. His race saved him.

I’m still in shock that McCain (McCain for crissakes!!!) actually picked a real old-fashioned Republican…God, family, honesty, integrity, the can-do spirit,…all the wonderful attributes that I embrace and aspire to.

When I saw her attributes (and yeah, she’s hot) and heard her speak, researched her record and philosophy, I must admit I was thrilled and flabbergasted. McCain…of all the people…

So tell me,why is HER inexperience with foreign policy…and no national experience being overlooked…because of everybody’s MILF fantasies??[/quote]

I think we’re shocked that such a politician even exists anymore. She’s like an historical anachronism, a female Cincinnatus. Just when you thought all politicians should simply be tarred and feathered, along comes an actual moral and upright person.

McCain’s brilliance is also shocking. Obama is running on the theme of his honesty and moral integrity, as a change from politics as usual. Well, two can play at that game! :>

CLASSIC POST! :slight_smile:

TBoZ1244 wrote:

[/quote]

X2

Claiming that it’s OK for Obama to be as inexperienced as he is but not for Palin to be at her level of experience is just whacked.[/quote]

Exactly. Thats the fucking point. So everyone who’s bashed Obama’s experience must now bash Palin as well.

See what we did thar?

[quote]TBoZ1244 wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:

And I concur. Bill, please never stop posting here. You bring the intelligence level of this forum way up and keep it on topic. Great reads[/quote]

lol…well thank god I’m from Texas :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
Claiming that it’s OK for Obama to be as inexperienced as he is but not for Palin to be at her level of experience is just whacked.

Exactly. Thats the fucking point. So everyone who’s bashed Obama’s experience must now bash Palin as well.

See what we did thar?
[/quote]
Yes, we saw what you did, weighed it in the balance, and found it wanting.

(By what I mean when saying “we,” I’m sure than one person besides myself was able to see what you did for what it in fact represents.)

Mene, mene, tekel, upharsin, so to speak. So now it’s time for the grass-based diet, to repent for that logic-defective post. :wink:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

Like I said,we don’t know what her level of competency is on the national level…that hasn’t been shown. [/quote]

By “experience at the national level” I take it you mean Washington experience. States are, of course, part of the nation, so you cannot mean it that she has had no experience in our nation, I’m pretty sure.

I trust you’re aware that, with the exception of those Presidents who were Vice President before attaining the higher office, the vast majority of US Presidents in the last century and perhaps longer have not had “Washington experience” but rather, like Palin, were governors?

It also seems peculiar that a person subscribing to the “Change” mantra – not that I am saying that you are, but many or most Obama supporters anyway are – would simultaneously argue that only Washington insiders are acceptable, that nothing but Washington insider experience counts as sufficient, while having it that even a matter of a few hundred days of Washington experience, most of that time not even being on that job but choosing to be otherwise occupied – Obama – is satisfactory.

That sounds like being in a place where absolutely anything necessary to buying into Obama is being bought into as well just for “keeping the faith” with Obama and no other reason, certainly not a reason of sense.

Both tickets will most likely (if they are smart) stay as far away from the “experience” argument as they can.

The problem will be all the operatives, respective parties and interest groups. The candidates have no power over what they say. However, they should know by now that the experience argument is a losing one on both sides.

Mufasa

Personally, I don’t understand why we don’t apply the same logic to presidential term limits to congress and the senate. When we don’t we get people who make careers out of being in the congress and the senate, i.e. McCain and Biden.

We have had lots of presidents who weren’t senators or congressmen; in fact, I prefer governors over them because at least they actually run/ran a state. Many governors also will lack “foreign policy” experience because they run a state.

I would even take a successful businessperson also because they too have ran/produced something.

Show me how you can run a business, state or even city and then I will give you a shot at the white house. Right now, what has either McCain or Obama ran or produced?

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Both tickets will most likely (if they are smart) stay as far away from the “experience” argument as they can.

The problem will be all the operatives, respective parties and interest groups. The candidates have no power over what they say. However, they should know by now that the experience argument is a losing one on both sides.

Mufasa[/quote]

The Democrats have already criticized Palin’s experience on the issues that matter (ie. foreign policy). I think Obama already released a statement. The Republicans will surely continue to criticize Obama’s LEADERSHIP experience. The name of the game will be to distinguish. Not to abandon the argument.

[quote]phil_leotardo wrote:
Personally, I don’t understand why we don’t apply the same logic to presidential term limits to congress and the senate. When we don’t we get people who make careers out of being in the congress and the senate, i.e. McCain and Biden.

We have had lots of presidents who weren’t senators or congressmen; in fact, I prefer governors over them because at least they actually run/ran a state. Many governors also will lack “foreign policy” experience because they run a state.

I would even take a successful businessperson also because they too have ran/produced something.

Show me how you can run a business, state or even city and then I will give you a shot at the white house. Right now, what has either McCain or Obama ran or produced?

[/quote]

Term limits was one of the reasons we put the Republicans in power, in '94. Once they got in, they betrayed us. They became as bad as Dems. They simply continued spending and funding it by borrowing into the stratosphere.

This is a big reason that we are shocked that McCain picked this woman. Pardon the sexist analogy but they brought a woman whose mad about housekeeping into their filthy house.