Judging People

We still elect them.
Besides, everyone makes mistakes, doesn’t mean that are ineffective, useless, or bad human human beings.

I killed Beethoven.
You know what? I’m cool with that. I’m cool with just killing beethoven. You know why?

Because there’s only been one Beethoven. How many other kids are born to mothers with 8 kids, and syphilis? Anyone know what Beethoven’s brother’s and sisters grew up doing?

Anyone?

And yeah, Hitler looked the best based upon the available evidence. You know why? Because aside from being vegetarian, he could have been COLIN POWEll. The first two guys could have been panhandlers and contractors.

(not that there’s anything specifically wrong with contractors… individually good, as a group… kinda shifty)

I’m all for judging people. I figure, as long as you judge them for who they are and what they’ve done, you’ll probably do a good job. Not perfect, but I can live with that.

[quote]Otep wrote:
I’m all for judging people. I figure, as long as you judge them for who they are and what they’ve done, you’ll probably do a good job. Not perfect, but I can live with that.[/quote]

I don’t have a problem with judging people, I have a problem with PRE-judging people. You know, making assumptions based on absolutely nothing credible, stuff like that. However, taking evidence and coming to a conclusion about someone is perfectly acceptable.

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
mundele wrote:
How does one define politics?
Well, the root “Poly” in Greek means “many.” Ticks are parasites. Thus, politics is composed of many parasites.

Almost, but not quite. “Poly” is not a prefix found in the word “politics.” “Politics” or “politic” comes from the Greek word “politikos,” which means “of the citizens or the state.” So, it does not, in fact, mean “many blood-sucking parasites.”

While I understand what you all are saying with “congress/progress” and “many ticks,” I’m just clearing it up for the ignorant masses.[/quote]

Yeah, I realise that. It’s just an old joke I heard once.

I killed beethoven, and if Hitler wasn’t a vegatarian I would of elected him, but instead I picked Franklin D. Elanor Roosevelt.
If Hitler wasn’t a vegatarian, it wouldn’t of even been close. lol I barely picked FDR over WC.

Wait, Hitler was a vegetarian? Man, that guy was a loser.

WEll, you have to be honest hitler did do a ton of great things for his country and was a really, really good leader if you can get past the slaughter of millions of innocent people thing…

…“Politics” or “politic” comes from the Greek word “politikos,” which means “of the citizens or the state.”[/quote]

Excellent!

The word “polite” comes from there too - “the correct behaviour for a citizen”

Also “police” which was effectively “a man of/for the city/state”

Haha here’s some fun hitler facts for you:
When he got Germany out of its depression following WWI (by rebuilding his war machine, though we didn’t know it yet)Time Magazine voted him Man Of The Year and he was on the cover.

2nd: When D-day occurred, the armored divisions that were a few towns away couldn’t be ordered to the beach, because Hitler was taking a nap and they were too afraid to wake him.

Just things I’ve read/heard. I know the first is true, pretty sure on 2nd.

[quote]Defekt wrote:
WEll, you have to be honest hitler did do a ton of great things for his country and was a really, really good leader if you can get past the slaughter of millions of innocent people thing…[/quote]

We debated this in my government class. He did “great” things for his country, but he undermined the Treaty of Versailles and did those things at the expense of other countries (such as Poland) and people (such as Jews). He took advantage of the post-War situation and gained his power mainly through propaganda. After that, the rest is history.

So, while he did “great” things for his country, he did them the wrong way, for the wrong reasons, and at the wrong expense.

I judge people who use poor grammar.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I judge people who use poor grammar.[/quote]

Necessary.

Defekt wrote:
WEll, you have to be honest hitler did do a ton of great things for his country and was a really, really good leader if you can get past the slaughter of millions of innocent people thing…

We debated this in my government class. He did “great” things for his country, but he undermined the Treaty of Versailles and did those things at the expense of other countries (such as Poland) and people (such as Jews). He took advantage of the post-War situation and gained his power mainly through propaganda. After that, the rest is history.

So, while he did “great” things for his country, he did them the wrong way, for the wrong reasons, and at the wrong expense.[/quote]

Well he united them under one cause, game them something to fight for blah blah blah. If germany would’ve won the war they would’ve been the greatest/richest blah blah nation in the world. For that little bit that he was in power the country was in great shape.

I said his country, germany =/= poland, and with the retarded ass mindset they had jews =/= germany aswell.

Yes he was a horrible person. Yes he was a prick and is going to hell if you believe in that sort of thing, but a good leader he was too.

Its hard to deny that the picture insert is amazing, if only it were for a different cause.

edit: image

[quote]Defekt wrote:
Well he united them under one cause, game them something to fight for blah blah blah. If germany would’ve won the war they would’ve been the greatest/richest blah blah nation in the world. For that little bit that he was in power the country was in great shape.

I said his country, germany =/= poland, and with the retarded ass mindset they had jews =/= germany aswell.

Yes he was a horrible person. Yes he was a prick and is going to hell if you believe in that sort of thing, but a good leader he was too.

Its hard to deny that the picture insert is amazing, if only it were for a different cause. [/quote]

I’m not saying he didn’t do anything good for his country, I’m saying that the good things he did came at the great expense of others and in direct disregard to the Treaty of Versailles.

The German “patriotism” that he instilled in his people was laced with hatred and disgust towards France, England, America, and everyone else he deemed unworthy (no real criteria there, if he thought you were unworthy, you were killed).

And yes, Poland is not Germany, nor were Jews “German” in his eyes, but his country’s success came from power garnered through intimidation and tyranny. Given the means that made him “successful,” I give him no credit or regard for what he did for Germany.

I have no disagreements, aside from my opinion that sadly most success is often achieved through violence and hatred.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
If pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?

Very interesting chain of thought going on there.[/quote]

In Jon Stewarts book “america” he asks that question then goes “Or did we just blow your fucking mind?”

hate to be nitpicky but i think you mean nationalism.

The Beethoven thing is completely made up and has no connection to actual historical truth whatsoever, he was the 2nd child and none of his siblings had any kind of birth defects etc.

Hitler was no vegetarian.

Both are trick questions to use on people who are not really familiar with the internet and have been around for some time.

Hitler was a vegetarian, not for “animal rights” reasons, but because he was gassed in WWI, which will seriously fuck up your health.

And actually he was a really shitty leader from a military point of view. His top-down leadership style crippled his generals tactically in a war in which maneuver was everything. His only strength was in his ability to cast a spell over people.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
hate to be nitpicky but i think you mean nationalism. [/quote]

You nitpicky bastard.

But you’re right.