T Nation

Judge My Fat Loss Program

I started my fat loss program 6/28/09, I'm 17, 177 pounds, 12% BF and I want to get down to 9% by 7/28/09. I consume about 2,000 - 2,500 calories, eating 5 clean meals a day. my exercises consist of steady-state jogging cardio always first thing in the morning, HIIT cardio, and heavy lifting.
My program looks like this:

Mon - heavy Lifting: chest/back, 30mins of SS(Steady state) cardio(upon awaking)

Tue - HIIT (high intensity sport, sprinting, biking, ect...), 30mins of SS cardio

Wed - Heavy lifting: Lower body

Thur - HIIT, SS cardio

Fri - Heavy lifting: Arms/shoulders, SS cardio

Sat - HIIT, SS cardio

Sun - Repeat

I have been mostly following CT's methods for weight loss and reading other transformation articles. If this does not seem good, can you suggest a different fat loss program for me to follow?? Thanks for the feedback and good luck with your goals!

There is no way you can keep that shit up with that much cardio and no rest in between. And I wouldn't think heavy is really HEAVY if you can do two types of cardio and do some heavy lower body work the next day.

And 12% BF? And at 177lbs? You wanna lose weight? I'm lost.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_last_10_pounds

'The Last 10 Pounds'

Read it, love it, live it. It acts as additional work on top of a current strength routine. But, with your stats, you might just want to focus on getting a little more muscle. But its ultimately up to you.

Yeah, I'm basically at that "Last 10 pounds" mark and have been for a year. Also, on sunday, I take a break from cardio, forgot to mention.

It would look like this:

Mon - heavy Lifting: chest/back, 30mins of SS(Steady state) cardio(upon awaking)

Tue - HIIT (high intensity sport, sprinting, biking, ect...), 30mins of SS cardio

Wed - Heavy lifting: Lower body

Thur - HIIT, SS cardio

Fri - Heavy lifting: Arms/shoulders, SS cardio

Sat - HIIT, SS cardio

Sun - Repeat, no cardio

BTW, my legs a killing me after lower body day!

Wow, thanks Therizza thats exactly what I have been looking for (although I remember reading a while back). I'm doing pretty much everything that article says, and more, so I might cut back on the cardio.

I'll try to put some pics up, but i'm not sure how to do it.

Another pic.

By the way, B.L.U ninja, I don't do all of those things on that day, only one. I was just giving you an idea of the exercises I might do on a HIIT day. Sorry for the confusion.

from your pics you dont really need to lose fat your just kinda soft, add muscle my friend!

x2

You are not 12% body fat.

And have you lifted a weight?

Train heavy and put some muscle on and then come back and lose weight when you have a solid build.

Hmmmm, do I look over 12%, or under? I went to a physical trainer at my gym: she tested me and said I was 12% BF with 155 lean muscle and 22lbs of fat. I also have some stretched skin from my previous weight loss.

12% isnt that high!
add some muslce and you will look far better.

Do you really think that 155lbs is all lean muscle?

Don´t forget that you have bones and organs too lol

That's why I was asking; 155 + 22 = 177, so I can't make much sense of what she told me, considering I have, bones, water, organs,and all that other good stuff... I'll ask my doc for a BF test.

But seriously, the question I'm asking is whether my program is effective for fat loss or not and what can be improved. Let's stay on topic.

You don't need to lose fat, you just need to build muscle.

Take a look 5/3/1

dude, a few people have already told you you dont need to lose fat, if you lost that fat you will look like an anorexic 10 year old girl! gain muscle!

lol. Yeah, I'll take your guys word for it and start concentraiting on building muscle, thanks. Gonna look for bodybuilding articles now...

5/3/1 or starting strenght would be good choices before you start looking for "the best" programme out there.

Gotta go with Kerley on this one. Add some mass, okay a whole fuckload of mass, then worry about cutting. And SS is a great program for adding strength and putting a little muscle on you (provided you eat).