Judge My Current Plan

Did you measure T during the deficit?

Not to start an argument, but what does it matter at this point? Heā€™s already down that road; no use second-guessing.

Or maybe Iā€™m particularly nihilistic today

1 Like

About the same 10ng/dl lower

Thereā€™s no innate reason to state that it does.

Wouldnā€™t PCT be a way to get off that road?

Maybe. Generally, you are probably right, and second-guessing might not help OP. I hope that 140mg test cyp will keep him stable, happy, and healthy. Maybe Iā€™m doing more harm than good in mentioning it at all.

I think the reason I raised the potential issue is that I started TRT at a similar age, and the majority (if not all) of my bloodwork was done during a deficit or at least in a state of restrictive eating (balancing very hard and excessive training with semi-suitable amounts of food) but never having a phase that wouldā€™ve allowed for some hormonal recovery.

Iā€™ve not had access to test cyp, only Nebido, and have had a really tough time not having negative sides. That might of course be because how rarely injections are done (for me, once every 9 weeks), but another hypothesis I have is that TRT if you donā€™t need it might not be smooth sailing.

1 Like

I honestly have no idea. You probably know better than me. Itā€™s really not something I know that much about. I just think of PCT as something bodybuilders do in between cycles to minimize issues, but Iā€™m not very familiar with what all they use. To your point, maybe heā€™s early enough in the road itā€™s an option. Is it no longer an option for you?

Sadly no, Iā€™ve asked because Iā€™d be keen to learn if I really need this or not (I have one nut small enough to suggest it is necessary) but with the way I didnā€™t eat enough for a really long time itā€™d be interesting to learn and feelibg

Seems like Iā€™m hijacking this thread but Iā€™ll reply since I was asked.

Iā€™m not entirely sure. I live in a country with socialized, not privatized (well, it exists but I canā€™t afford it), healthcare. Furthermore, this country is very anti-doping to the point where it makes getting legitimate TRT very hard which has implications on how skilled practitioners are and what is/isnā€™t allowed.

I doubt Iā€™ve run into a doctor yet thatā€™d know what PCT even means, but it is possible to check what drugs can be prescribed within the country. The drugs commonly used during PCT are prescribed and so Iā€™ve asked if we could use something like that to make stepping off Nebido less painful. Given itā€™s long half-life, at worst itā€™d take 6 months to be completely off of it and evaluate if the body is producing sufficient T on its own and Iā€™d rather not walk around with essentially bottomed out T for too long.

The answer has been and continues to be ā€œnoā€. I think there is only one of those drugs that ever see clinical use with men and it is for men receiving TRT that are trying to father a child.

1 Like