Jt's WS4SB

I’ll keep it short.

I recently ran OVT for about 7 weeks and I went from 178 to 194 and abs were just as visible as before so majority was muscle. Good program but life clusterfucked me (school, former friends, volunteering) at the end and I had a week where I didn’t sleep for 3 nights and ate only 3 meals in that time (thank you adderall) resulting in me losing about 8lbs in just a few days. I got all the way down to 170 and lost everything and more.

Now I’m up to 184 again and strength is higher than before on most lifts but the size is not there but I’m not too worried.

Running WS4SB3 without the DE leg day (don’t play a serious sport so I don’t care).

EDIT: ME upper is today. A friend wants me to do a crossfit workout with him tonight too (ugh) so this should be an interesting night.

Current maxes:
Bench 185x3
Front squat no idea
Deadlift 335x1

Goal is to get bench and deadlift way up and increase size. I’ve always been a horrible bencher. In a month of OVT using bench I literally did not move up in weight any. 0. None.

Been on this program for 2 weeks already. Slight modification to place some priority on biceps/forearms and calves since they are embarrassingly small.

calves 4 times a week 5 sets of varying reps smith machine calf raise

MONDAY

Workout 1

bench - Work up to 3-5 rep max

DB press 2x15-20 Rest 3-4 minutes

T-bar SS with Face pulls 4x8-12

DB shrugs 4x8-15

abs

WORKOUT 2

Hammer Curls 5x5-12

Reverse curls 5x5-12

WEDNESDAY

Deadlift - work up to 3-5 rep max

Lunges 3x6-12

romanian deadlift 3x8-12

ab circuit 3x10-15 reps

THURSDAY

Bench with 60% of 1RM 4x12-15

Lat pull SS DB cleans 4x8-12

Lat raise 4x8-12

Shrugs SS JM press 3x12

Heavy DB hlds 3x30 seconds

weighted crunches SS planks 3x10-15

THURSDAY or FRIDAY

hammer curls 5x-5-12

EZ curl 5x5-12

Vanity day

military 3x5

laterals 3x8-15

pull ups 3xfailure

ME upper

bench 185x3 (second rep grip fucked up which i believe caused me a rep since I almost got 4)
DB press 50x19, 50x15
T-bar 100lbs 4x12, pretty light
Face pull 80lbs 4x12, not so light
Shrugs 70lb DBs 4x15
no abs

Did crossfit an hour and a half after training and holy hell it was hard. I could only do about a third of the workout before I was on my knees throwing up. I now know two things…

1. I am horribly out of shape.
  2. Crossfit is no fucking joke.

That said, I think I will keep doing crossfit a couple times a week for conditioning purposes. It is working well for an old training partner of mine on top of his regular lifting so I don’t see overtraining as an issue.

Note to self:

Kettlebell swings for a shit-ton of reps will ruin your ability to sit in a chair and lie down comfortably.

More crossfit in about an hour. Probably going to die.

tire flips, sprints up hills, sledge hammer swings, kettlebell swings, medicine ball throws, chain drags up hills = death. Its pure hell but i love every minute of it.

1. Computer with my routine went down today so didn’t really know what to do.

2. Crossfit is destroying my legs. Before I deadlifted today I had some serious DOMS in my legs and lower back so deadlifting was not fun.

Deadlift 315x2 (and i was lucky to get that.)
lunges 35x4x10 (embarassing)
Leg curl someting over 100x8

Cardio tomorrow will consist of sledge hammer swings, farmers walks, crunches and whatever else I can think of tomorrow.

Didn’t care to log rep day.

Bench 185x4
db press 60x12 and 11
T-bar 4x10 with 135lbs (35lb increase from last week. super weird)
facepull 4x10 with 90lbs
Shrugs 4x10 75lb dbs

Bench has stalled so I’ll be switching it to rack lock outs as the bottom part of the rep is my sticking point.

DB presses my ego was a little higher than it needed to be

T-bar went up a shit-ton. A lot more intense than last week. Had 150mg of caffeine so that couldve been it.

Facepulls up = sweet.

Shrugs, grip was trashed as usual so these won’t ever be impressive.

I’m leaving for Florida Saturday so I’ll have a week off. When I get back I start summer classes and have to move into my new apartment so starting Friday night there will be a long break, if anyone is reading this anyway haha.

Florida was one hell of a trip. Not gonna lie, I consumed an ungodly amount of alcohol.

I was going to lift Saturday and Sunday but instead my body decided it was a good time to have some kidney stones. I was lit up on percocets all day both days so I got no work done.

I have an EZ curl bar at home and I did curls 4x10 with 70lbs which might actually be an increase. I was lifting pretty intensely 4 days a week plus crossfit up to 4 times a week, so even though I drank a lot, I benefited from the break.

TRAINING

I will be switching to rack presses since my bench is stalling. I believe this will be best since the weakest part of the rep on bench is undoubtedly the first 3 inches off my chest.

Deadlift is stalling so I’m switching to trap bar deadlifts.

Still priority on biceps/forearms and calves.

To make something clear, I had been benching and deadlifting well before I was on this program so don’t think I only did these lifts for a month and “stalled” and decided to switch them.

Gym membership is valid again starting the 1st so I will be hitting the weights hard then, BUT I turn 21 on Thursday sooooo bad news for my muscles haha.

Well I turned 21 recently and I ended up with 2 hours of sleep last night.

Rack press 185x1
A plethora of sets of regular bench
Trap bar deadlift
185x10 started feeling extremely tight so I decided to quit.
DB hammer curls
Worked up to a max set of 35x8

Nothing is where i want it to be but I’ve been consuming a ton of alcohol and my diet has sucked ass. I started my summer class and it is redonk hard. This is limiting the time I put into my diet and lifting for sure.

Hopefully I can stabilize and get time to make out my diet and when and how to make my meals. As soon as I can figure this out, my gains should be pretty noticeable after about 6 weeks due to muscle memory from my last bulk.

Did some random things as I am not organized yet

Hammer curls
40x5, 4 more sets super setted with cable rope curls, 5 second negative

Overhead DB extension
55x7, 4 more sets supersetted with cable extensions, 5 second negative

Goal tomorrow is to get a pretty good full body workout and start the diet. I’ll be lifting Thursday through Sunday as these days I don’t have class the next day and if I need to cram for some reason, I won’t have to worry about lifting.

Gym closes at 7 and I have a shit-ton of work to do before Tuesday so it doesn’t look like I’ll even get to the gym tomorrow. If I can do that though, I’ll start the diet tomorrow. If not, it’ll have to wait until Thursday when I work out again. I would work out today but I’m getting my lecture notes caught up and I still have to study for the lab mini-practical on Tuesday and the actual lab practical on Wednesday so I’m giving myself plenty of time to do this. On top of that, my lecture exam is Thursday.

I’m still getting organized so this log will get less chaotic/pointless. This class is a lot more work than I thought. It’s the weed out class for biology majors and is required for a chemistry degree.

Once I decide to start the diet, I will make myself get things done early so I won’t miss a workout. If by chance you’ve seen my other log, you know I’m definitely capable of staying consistent with lifting and the diet.

Life is an absolute clusterfuck.

I’ve been training alone when I’m at school for the past year and I personally don’t enjoy it at this point.

I’ve been talkin to an old fart at the gym (about 40 haha) for a couple of months and he emailed me asking if I’d like to train with him yesterday. This guy is one of the actual lifters in my gym. He benches around 400 (375 for 3), squats 515 and deadlifts 535. I don’t see how I can turn this down and I really don’t want to. He’s using 5/3/1 which I’ve heard great things about. Still four days a week but different days. I haven’t been on WS4SB for long at all and I hate switching programs so soon, but not many people in my position get an opportunity like this.

The title of this log may be changed.

Life is an absolute clusterfuck.

I’ve been training alone when I’m at school for the past year and I personally don’t enjoy it at this point.

I’ve been talkin to an old fart at the gym (about 40 haha) for a couple of months and he emailed me asking if I’d like to train with him yesterday. This guy is one of the actual lifters in my gym. He benches around 400 (375 for 3), squats 515 and deadlifts 535. I don’t see how I can turn this down and I really don’t want to. He’s using 5/3/1 which I’ve heard great things about. Still four days a week but different days. I haven’t been on WS4SB for long at all and I hate switching programs so soon, but not many people in my position get an opportunity like this.

The title of this log may be changed.

Still been lifting and started 5/3/1 officially with the big dude. I completed week 1 with the exception of leg day in which I did some high rep front squats to get my legs back in the habit of squatting.

Assistance work:
Shoulder day: smith military, 1 set to failure in 4-8 range, 4x5 5 second negative

Deadlift day: hammer strength pulldown, same as above
DB row, same as above

Bench day: Dips 5x10
Incline flies, 1 set to failure in 8-12 range, 3x5 5 second negative
Behind the head extension, same as flies but in 6-8 range

Squat day: Lunges, 5x5 5 second negative
10 sets of non-important bicep stuff. first couple sets focused on moving up in weight
and the rest concentrating on long negatives.

Week 1

Bench
115x5
135x5
155x10

Squat
front squat junk

Standing shoulder press
barx5
55x5
75x5
95x7

Trap bar deadlift
210x5
240x5
275x6 (probably too heavy)

Haven’t shoulder pressed in awhile so I took a wild guess and it ended up being about right.

Week 2: Bench day. Bulking diet started today! woot

125x3
145x3
160x10 PR haha

assistance work

I haven’t done this high of reps in quite awhile. According to the MadCow bench calculator, that puts my bench at about 213 which would be more than I’ve ever done.