Jtown's Training Log Part 2

Hey buddy,

i remember you saying you found the best tasting protein powder ever. Can you remind me what brand it was, as I am in the market for some more protein.

Thanks.

Uncle Bird.

tweet

Alternate your ME lifts every three weeks going from a five rep max down to a one rep max. Here’s an example cycle that will probably get you a good 15+ pound PR if you bust your ass on this. Try to gain about six-seven pounds of body weight throughout this time.

week 1: close grip press up to a five rep max Supplemental: neutral grip DB floor press 4 sets of 12 (tuck elbows, pause one second)
week 2: close grip press up to a 3 rep max Supplemental: same exercise, try to increase weight/reps
week 3: close grip bench up to a 1 rep max Supplemental: same deal
week 4: floor press up to a 5 rep max Supplemental: neutral grip DB incline press (tuck elbows and use triceps a lot) 3-4 sets of 8
week 5: floor press up to a 3 rep max Supplemental: try to add weight or if you went to heavy for 4X8 then do it this time
week 6: floor press up to a 1 rep max Supplemental: either add reps or weight
week 7: incline press up to a 5 rep max supplemental: rack lockouts about six inches off the chest for four sets of 6-8
week 8: incline press up to a 3 rep max supplemental: increase weight if you can
week 9: incline press up to a 1 rep max supplemental: try to do the same
week 10: retest your bench Supplemental: Neutral grip DB floor presses, try not to miss a rep on this day

After that you do the ME and supplemental, I want you to pick two back exercises. The first shall always be a rowing variation, the second can be a pull up/chin up variation if you want. After that do some rear delt/arm work .

I’ll have up a DE day up for you in a bit that will accompany it that is done at least 72 hours before/after this.

I’m going to take a guess and say your absolute balls to the wall ground out for 7-8 seconds one rep max is 160. Here’s a DE cycle for you

week 1:95X3 8 sets, alternating grips between close, medium, and wide 1 minute rest
week 2:105X3 8 sets, same rotation 1 minute rest
week 3:115X3 8 sets, same deal 1 minute rest
week 4: 95X3 9 sets, alternating grips same order, 45 second rest
week 5: 105X3 9 sets, alternating grips, 45 second rest
week 6: 115X3 9 sets, alternating grips, 45 second rest
week 7: 105X3 8 sets, alternating grips, 1 minute rest
week 8: 110X3 8 sets, alternating grips, 1 minute rest
week 9: 120X3 7 sets, alternating grips, 1 minute rest
week 10: 100X3, 9 sets, alternating grips, 1 minute rest consider this somewhat of a deload

supplemental work one DE day
week 1: close grip floor press four sets of eight
week 2: same deal add weight/reps
week 3: and again
week 4: high incline close grip press, three sets of either 95, 115, 135, ect go very close to failure on the first two sets (these should be brutal) and do as many as possible on the last. Rest 1 and half to two minutes
week 5: add 1-2 reps to EVERY set
week 6: same deal
week 7: floor press 4X6-7
week 8: add weight/reps
week 9: same
week 10: close grip bench press 3X10-12 still go pretty hard on these, but try not to miss any reps

that is the DE work, and supplemental work. I want you to do heavy barbell rows emphasizing either the mid/lower traps and rear delts or lats after the supplemental work. Then do some unilateral rowing (the old school one arm T bar rows, chest supported rows, one arm barbell rows, one arm Dumbbell rows like kroc rows, ect) afterwards for sets of 10-15. After that do either rear delt work or something like seated dumbbell power cleans, cuban presses, ect (15-25 reps for multiple sets) then barbell curls/barbell tricep extensions, the lowest reps I want you to do on the first set is eight, try to keep reps between 8-20 on these, and the rest between 30-45. Use good form on the extensions if you don’t want tendonitis.

I hope you like this, if not I at least hope posting this helps you out in some way. I’ll post some stuff concerning form.

Sorry guys haven’t posted in a while. Lax and finals got the best of me. Still been lifting 2 times a week minimum. Lax is now over and i am ready for offseason training. Kind of a disappointing end to the season loosing to our rivals but it leaves me motivated for the offseason.

Birdman- Current diet high protein, medium carb, medium fat. I will be tracking starting tomorrow so you will get a better idea.
The protein is call trutein. Every favor is awesome but i like chocolate peanut butter the best.

DSSG- If you look into plainpat’s log he outlined me something very similar to that. Thanks for the write up!

Stefan- getting an iphone soon. Will upload vids.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
Birdman- Current diet high protein, medium carb, medium fat. I will be tracking starting tomorrow so you will get a better idea.
[/quote]

Will have to try for my next order. I just received a truckload of myofusion today, so it wont be for awhile.

tweet

Okay so i got called up to varsity for playoffs. Cool. Have a locked up spot for varsity next year (coach’s words) and a good chance to start. Cool.

Back is fucked up. Taking time of Dl’s so no 5/3/1. Running a push/pull/legs this offseason. Rest days when needed.

Playoff game tomorrow against top tier team. Let’s go

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
Okay so i got called up to varsity for playoffs. Cool. Have a locked up spot for varsity next year (coach’s words) and a good chance to start. Cool.

Back is fucked up. Taking time of Dl’s so no 5/3/1. Running a push/pull/legs this offseason. Rest days when needed.

Playoff game tomorrow against top tier team. Let’s go[/quote]
Why not go pull/push/legs so you could hit hammies/deads and still get rest for legs? Do you though

Deadlifts hurt my back right now. Tried them today and 185 hurt my back ( I missed 315 at knees 2 months ago). I need to address this issue and hopefully fix it along with my anterior pelvic tilt. Any suggestion?

Going to perform agile 8 EVERY day as soon as i wake and before bed if needed.

Goals:

Current lifts:
Bench- 145x2
Squat- 205x3
Incline-105x9
Deadlift- not sure

• These will be my main movement along with RDL’s which i will go high reps

Goals by February of next year (end of offseason)
Bench-200
squat-275
incline-135x5
deadlift-330
mile-6:30
Field suicide- 1min 50 sec
300 yard shuttle-50 sec

5/27
Went to friends gym. Didn’t really have a plan and fucked around.

Diet
1874cals/193pro/109carb/71fat

42/24/35 ratio

5/28
waist-33
weight-167
Same measurements as pre season and strength is the same so that is promising.

Going to hit legs later today. Keeping deadlifts out for a while till i feel confident in my back health.

Did not lift or count kcals today. Lost our playoff game so lax is done.

Turned 16, 5 minutes ago. Enjoyed the 15th year of my life and learned alot. But, there are many areas of my life i need to improve in.

I have came to the conclusion that mediocrity is not for me. Being average is not for me. This year i will meet my goals and succeed in everything that i set out for.

One of the most important things i learned is that balance is key. Focus too much one one thing and other things will suffer.

Happy birthday

Happy b-day kiddo,

What kind of pain are you feeling in your lower back?
Can I recommend hip flexor stretching before any work-out. I like to do the “couch hip flexor stretch” and usually I superset it with hip thrusts for some glute activation.

Any reason why you don’t military press? Do you feel incline is more beneficial for your sport? Im asking this as I am considering dropping benching and military pressing for incline pressing myself.

Uncle Bird.

tweet