Jtown's Offseason Log

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
Basically i strive for bwx1 gram of protein minimum. Usually hit 180 grams with no problem sometimes more. The rest i fill in with carbs and fats. Carbs around training and fat at other times as i feel better with lower carb approach although i make sure i am properly fueling my training sessions. I don’t see the point of ever exceeding 150g of carbs for me. Calories are at 1800-1900 right now and i don’t see it changing. I am increasing strength and slowly leaning out. Abz are getting more and more visible lol. I also generally stray from gluten and dairy unless im cheating.
[/quote]

Sounds good. Thats pretty much what I am doing at the moment, although I am still playing around with carbs around my workouts. Im going with about 70-100 grams before training, and about 70-100 grams for after training. How do you delegate carbs around your sessions?

tweet

Bird- Lately (because of summer) I have been training fasted and actually like it alot. POst workout i have a carb heavy meal with 50+ g’s of carbohydrates and then pretty much eat the rest whenever.

6/7
weight-169 lol
waist-33.15ish

No training, had the shits and couldn’t keep much food in me. Deads manana

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
Bird- Lately (because of summer) I have been training fasted and actually like it alot. POst workout i have a carb heavy meal with 50+ g’s of carbohydrates and then pretty much eat the rest whenever.
[/quote]

Training in the morning is great. Do you take BCAAs?

tweet

Not really. Although i do believe they work, i don’t think i’m lean enough to be worried about catabolism during training.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
Not really. Although i do believe they work, i don’t think i’m lean enough to be worried about catabolism during training.[/quote]

I highly recommend them for morning fasted training. I am not sure how much it has contributed to my physique, although I like the BCAAs drink more for a mental advantage. For me it is now a tradition/custom to drink about 750ml of BCAA drink(with electrolytes), and this gets my mind ready to go out and have a good session. Its an added advantage that I also have the knowledge that I have BCAAs running through my blood stream helping me became the anabolic beast we all try to be. Its not too expensive either, one container lasts forever.

I hope that makes sense.

Die Empty.

Oops, I mean…

tweet

Birdmate- Yea i suppose even a slight mental edge would help.

The last few days have been hectic as hell. Family came to town. Still trained yesterday

6/9
Trap bar Deadlifts (Cycle 1, week 2)
185x3
210x3
235x10 lol cardio

Rdl
135x15 PR
155x10 PR
155x10

back raises
bw+25 x20/15/10

cable row
42.5x10 PR
35x15/15

calfs
3x15

I have made the decision to fully commit myself to self improvement in every aspect of life. I’m sick of half assing things.

6/11

Press (week 2, cycle 1)
65x3
70x3
85x8 PR +5lbs.

Flat db
40x12
45x10
50x7

facepulls, lat pulldown, bicep curl, tri extension, yada yada

Started my fat loss stage. Hoping to get visible abs unflexed soon. I think being leaner will make me a better athlete and this will only take 1-2 months tops and shouldn’t effect strength.

6/12
weight-176 lol this is bad
waist-34ish even worse

probably should have squatted today but its nbd i can make it up tomorrow.

6/13
weight-174
waist-?

Squat (Cycle 1, Week 3)
155x5
175x3
195x3 Beltless didn’t push it.

Front Squats
95x8 x 3 form work

Cable row
42.5x15 PR
42.5x12/10

leg curl,abz,calfs,

cool.

Diet
1815cals/200gpro/122gcarb/62gfat

40/30/30

6/14
weight-173.5
waist-33.25

Bench (Cycle 1, Week 3)
105x5
120x3
135x5 didn’t push it, solid reps, good temp

Incline
95x8
105x4/3 shoulder started hurting

lat pulldown, curl, tri psuhdown,facepulls, the usual

Stop tracking cals, Just eating 4 times a day. Big protein source every meal, carbs post WO see where this gets me.

6/15
Did my Cycle 1, Week 3 trap bar deads numbers, just forget them lol

6/16
Press (Cycle 1, Week 3)
Press
70x5
80x3
90x6 PR

Db flat
40x12
45x10
50x10 PR

Facepullz, pulldowns, curls, tri pushdown

Deload week nothing much to log about.

Ya so not tracking cals is no working to well. I know i say this alot but i will be more religious with it. Also upping my water intake to 1 gallon minimum.

I have also reset my goals and will edit the first page.

Press deload tomm. Probably wont even press just do a ton of shoulder work.

On a side note i’m looking for some help. Iv’e started to drink here and there and wake up with nasty hangovers which forces me to lift later in the day. Anything i can gulp down to reduce it so i can hit the weights early?

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
On a side note i’m looking for some help. Iv’e started to drink here and there and wake up with nasty hangovers which forces me to lift later in the day. Anything i can gulp down to reduce it so i can hit the weights early?[/quote]

Lol.

Drink once a week and make sure the next day is an off day. Reduce your carbs on the day that you drink.

Drink and have fun. Get it out of your system. When your birds age, drinking and chasing skirt just isn’t the same.

tweet

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
On a side note i’m looking for some help. Iv’e started to drink here and there and wake up with nasty hangovers which forces me to lift later in the day. Anything i can gulp down to reduce it so i can hit the weights early?[/quote]
Don’t keep drinking, Jtown. It is illegal for you to do underage drinking. If you are serious about your lifting, and more importantly your future please do not continue to drink.

I’m sure you’ll think “Nah, drinking is fine. I bet he is just being a pussy.” no, drinking kills brain cells, damages internal organs, and fucks up your recovery ability. It will also help with losing muscle, and gaining fat.

Thanks for the advice guys.

6/22
weight-178
waist-34.25

-Training-

A) Press- 45x5, 65x5, 85x2, 95x1, 105x1, 110x1 PR
B) Front Squat- 95x5, (115x3) x 3
C1) TRX pushups- (BWx12) x 3
C2) CS Row- (25x12) x 3

-Conditioning-

Sled drags- 8 trips, 40 yards each, 1 plate added to sled

-Nutrition-