Jtown's Offseason 2

How is my training counterproductive? I start most training days with a big compound movement which i wish to progress in. Same for the next movement. Then i move onto accessory which is just to balance everything.

Not arguing just generally curious what is wrong with the training. My goal is to get stronger and lately iv’e been doing just that.

6/28
weight- 177
waist-34

Squat- 45x5, 135x5, 185x3, 205x2, 225x2 PR
RDL- 135x12, 155x10, 175x10 PR
GHR- BWx12 x 2
calf/abs SS- 3x15 of each.

Good day today. Ate very well today and met my macros. Kind of conflicted on training right now because of all the shit im getting. I am opening to changing things up. I just don’t want to lift 3 days a week, i would like atleast 5. Main goal right now is speed and strength. I could give 2 shits about getting bigger.

dude you’re fine a push pull legs split got me to like a 235 bench and a 345 deadlift in like 6 ish months. Just bust your ass and lift weights.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
6/28
weight- 177
waist-34

Squat- 45x5, 135x5, 185x3, 205x2, 225x2 PR
RDL- 135x12, 155x10, 175x10 PR
GHR- BWx12 x 2
calf/abs SS- 3x15 of each.

Good day today. Ate very well today and met my macros. Kind of conflicted on training right now because of all the shit im getting. I am opening to changing things up. I just don’t want to lift 3 days a week, i would like atleast 5. Main goal right now is speed and strength. I could give 2 shits about getting bigger.[/quote]
You’re getting stronger, so there’s no need for concern. Just keep it up.

I would say just shoot for 5-6 reps stuff for your main movement. and then like the 8 and up for your other movements.

[quote]budreiser wrote:
dude you’re fine a push pull legs split got me to like a 235 bench and a 345 deadlift in like 6 ish months. Just bust your ass and lift weights.[/quote]

And you weren’t playing a sport and competing for a potential scholarship. Look Jtown, you can’t ride two horses with one ass. You say you don’t want to get bigger, but you want to lift 5 days a week? You say you want to be stronger and faster, but instead of having a day devoted to sprinting and plyos you have a pull pump day? You’re all over the place dude. I’m not giving you shit, I’m trying to help you get your shit together. If you really want to be a better athlete, run something like ws4sb 2. 3 days of weight work (which is plenty) and 2 days devoted to speed and conditioning. You also need to be eating considerably more. You’re making things WAY tougher on yourself than you need to bud. Do you want to fuck around with pointless movements in the gym, or do you want to get a free education?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]budreiser wrote:
dude you’re fine a push pull legs split got me to like a 235 bench and a 345 deadlift in like 6 ish months. Just bust your ass and lift weights.[/quote]

And you weren’t playing a sport and competing for a potential scholarship. Look Jtown, you can’t ride two horses with one ass. You say you don’t want to get bigger, but you want to lift 5 days a week? You say you want to be stronger and faster, but instead of having a day devoted to sprinting and plyos you have a pull pump day? You’re all over the place dude. I’m not giving you shit, I’m trying to help you get your shit together. If you really want to be a better athlete, run something like ws4sb 2. 3 days of weight work (which is plenty) and 2 days devoted to speed and conditioning. You also need to be eating considerably more. You’re making things WAY tougher on yourself than you need to bud. Do you want to fuck around with pointless movements in the gym, or do you want to get a free education? [/quote]
didn’t know he was going for a scholarship. Listen to this guy then.

will everyone kindly shut the fuck up.

HERES THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING STRONGER:

LIFTING: WORK FUCKING HARD. WHO CARES WHAT THE PROGRAM IS. 90% OF THE BEST ATHLETES GET STRONG JUST BY FUCKING WORKING HARD AT IT. THE DUMBEST MOTHERFUCKERS WITH THE DUMBEST FUCKING PROGRAMMING GO AND WORK HARD IN THE GYM AND ARE STRONGER THAN MOST PEOPLE WHO OVERANALYZE. YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE THEY WANT IT AND JUST FUCKING KILL THEMSELVES UNTIL THEY GET IT. DOESNT REQUIRE INSANE THOUGHTS AND SPREADSHEETS AND TEMPLATES

EATING: YOU KNOW WHAT TO FUCKING EAT. CAKE AND COOKIES? NO. BEEF MILK EGGS CHICKEN OATS? YES. ITS NOT THAT HARD. EAT. DONT bE AFRAID TO “CHEAT” ONCE AWEEK. ITS OK TO BE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING FOR ONCE IF YOU EAT DEDICATED AND CONSISTENTLY THE REST OF THE TIME.

CARDIO: DO IT. WANT TO GET FASTER? SPRINT AND DO PLYOS. WANT TO GET LEANER WHILE NOT KILLING RECOVERY AT ALL? DO SS WALKING. ITS NOT THAT HARD.

RECOVERY: EAT. SLEEP. HAVE SEX. LIKE ITS NOT THAT HARD EITHER. FOAM ROLL POSSIBLY 90% of the STRONGEST FUCKERS DIDNT HAVE THIS TOOl. ITS EXTRA.

THATS IT. JUST FUCKING WORK.

sorry ihave to fucking rage but everyone in here is like do this do that sprint don’t sprint, when in reality you just need to work fucking hard. every session should almost make you want to kill yourself. that’s what is required to get stronger, and what almost everyone who is at the top levels has done to get there.

Dont have sex. You will die. Make love to the weights.

6/29
weight-175
waist- 33.75

Bench- 45x5, 95x5, 115x3, 150x3 PR FUCK EVERYBODY, 150x2
CG- (115x7) x 3 PR
pushdowns SS side raises- 3x15 each

All i had time for today. Did a fuck ton of landscaping today as well but shit it payed good.

In response to everyone who has commented lately thanks for all the recommendations but i honestly don't give 2 shits about what your saying (Well some of you i do). In the last 6 weeks i have improved me bench from 135x3 to 150x3 squats went from 205x3 to 225x2. Front squats went form 95x8 to 155x5. If thats not progress i don't know what is.

Now i do see a point to what your saying. I will admit i may spend to much time in the gym doing bodybuilding shit but its because i enjoy that stuff. Although i am starting to see maybe its time wastes. 

I would jump on 5/3/1, WS4SB3 or any other of the latest programs that people jerk about but iv'e tried them all and shit, some days i don't break a sweat. They are simply not enough for me. I currently leave the gym every day knowing that i gave it everything i had, just like i would on the field. I'm just not the type of person to hold back, or have a DE Lower day where i do 3 exercises then walk out the door.

Some good news is i have just purchased a conditioning sled. now i have a challenging form of conditioning at my finger tips. I am playing to cut lifting down to 4 days a week and condition the other 3 with skill work, especially when school starts.

I know that this 6x a week shit wont fly forever but i'm a highschool kid in summer who doesn't have shit to do so i just wanted to experiment a bit with programing. I will switch back to a more athletic based program soon but for now, ill just enjoy the PR's.

I am sorry i came off as a dick in my last post and came to the conclusion that you guys were right. I will be cutting training to 4 days a week and 2 day will be sprint/ply focused. I will also condition 3 times a week minimum. I will be running WS4SB3 for weight training.

6/30
Weight-175
waist- 33.75

Did my last pull day lol. Also landscaped a ton today and mulching tomorrow. Calories are up to 2600 and i am maintaining.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
I am sorry i came off as a dick in my last post and came to the conclusion that you guys were right. I will be cutting training to 4 days a week and 2 day will be sprint/ply focused. I will also condition 3 times a week minimum. I will be running WS4SB3 for weight training.

6/30
Weight-175
waist- 33.75

Did my last pull day lol. Also landscaped a ton today and mulching tomorrow. Calories are up to 2600 and i am maintaining.

[/quote]

Dude please stop over analyzing and over thinking all of this. Just go lift hard, practice lacrosse, and do conditioning. I know the feeling youre getting right now. Like oh maybe they were right, maybe I should listen to them and do the plan where I Literaly JUST said that you don’t work hard on.

Also its beta as hell to come back and say sorry for standing up for yourself and your training

and please go beg zraw to train you, youll get stronger as well as bigger following him hes 1000x more qualified than any of us

plainpat- your right. Unfortunately i dont think Zraw is still willing to train me. I’m going to stick with what im doing just crank up the conditioning.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
plainpat- your right. Unfortunately i dont think Zraw is still willing to train me. I’m going to stick with what im doing just crank up the conditioning. [/quote]

good.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:

6/30
Weight-175
waist- 33.75

Did my last pull day lol. Also landscaped a ton today and mulching tomorrow. Calories are up to 2600 and i am maintaining. [/quote]

Dude, don’t worry about it. I didn’t mean to come off as a dick either. You’re still young, and you’ve got a TON of potential. I (and can safely assume “we”) are just trying to help you realize that potential. I’ll be checking in bud. If you need help with anything in your training, let me know.

7/1
weight-175
waist-33.75

Squat- 45x5, 135x5, 185x3, 205x2, 225x3 PR
RDL- 135x10, 155x10, 175x10
GHR- bwx8/6/5

Well all the landscaping iv’e been doing has taken it toll. Did really push anything to far today. Calories are still up at around 2600 may have to increase.

Speed sled has not come in yet but when it does i will be using it daily.

Besides sprints, sled drags, and box jumps are there any other plyo’s or drills that will improve speed strength and overall conditioining?

7/3
weight-179 lol bad
waist- 34 1/8

Bench- 45x5, 95x5, 115x5, 155x2 PR

CG- (115x8) x 3 PR - Really blowing up my tri’s

db row- 50x 15/12/10

facepullz ss tri pushdown- 3x15 each

curls ss side raises- 3x15 each

Good ass day. Bench is coming to a halt but progress lately has been great.

Decided to drop lifting to 4x a week for a couple reason (mostly because iv’e been working a lot lately).

Following the WS4SB3 template but making slight modifications based on personal experience. For examples shrugs dont do shit for me so i sure as hell am not doing them 2x a week.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
7/3
weight-179 lol bad
waist- 34 1/8

Bench- 45x5, 95x5, 115x5, 155x2 PR

CG- (115x8) x 3 PR - Really blowing up my tri’s

db row- 50x 15/12/10

facepullz ss tri pushdown- 3x15 each

curls ss side raises- 3x15 each

Good ass day. Bench is coming to a halt but progress lately has been great.

Decided to drop lifting to 4x a week for a couple reason (mostly because iv’e been working a lot lately).

Following the WS4SB3 template but making slight modifications based on personal experience. For examples shrugs dont do shit for me so i sure as hell am not doing them 2x a week.
[/quote]

just saying try holding them for a 3 count at the top for 3x12-15 … thank me later

ill try that. Db or BB?