JTG's Daily Log

So can anyone see any difference in pictures?? i think i can and am hoping that others can

cunt…

had a mole removed this morning, have been told that i cant do deadlifts and maybe not squats for the 3 weeks, until weds 6/8, as i have had to get stitched, any advice from anyone? the mole was removed from my lower back. so any ideas about exercises/programs i could do that would pull at the stitches?

just had my workout, feeling like a lean mean machine pretty much, I’m feeling great…first time I’ve ever seen a vein in my biceps before, one popped up when i was doing some hammer curls at the end of my sesh

still low carbing it, jsut dont think theres any point in continue to reiterate my intake when it looks incredibly similar every day. i had fish earlier this week and woke up with a massive rash all over my arms, didnt really think it was the fish as i had local anesthetic the day before, had the fish again last night, well found out im allergic too it, i’ll upload some pics of the rash on monday as it literally popped up withing 15 minutes…

great gym sesh just do a bit of a round up of what i did because there were alot of sets

incline bench

60kgx8
70kgx8
80kgx5x5

bent over rows

70kgx8
80kgx8
90kgx8
105kgx6 PR
110kgx5x2 BIG FUCKING PR

dips

bwx8x2 >> push ups x12x2
bw+10kgx8 >> x8

seated rows

70kgx8x3

deficit deadlifts

60kgx8x3 - first time i’ve really done these, pretty good

curls

40kgx8
50kgx8x3

Nice PRs. I always think I’m not pulling the bar high enough so I don’t know if I could go heavier with b.o. rows. I also just tried deficit deads, but with a snatch grip and close stance, and it really humbled me with how weak I am in areas.

In your pics, your stomach seems to becoming flatter/tighter, and your intake stats seem adequate. That sucks about the fish though…have you noticed a decrease/increase yet in strength or anything since you’ve been eating 2500kcals?

[quote]osterm38 wrote:
Nice PRs. I always think I’m not pulling the bar high enough so I don’t know if I could go heavier with b.o. rows. I also just tried deficit deads, but with a snatch grip and close stance, and it really humbled me with how weak I am in areas.

In your pics, your stomach seems to becoming flatter/tighter, and your intake stats seem adequate. That sucks about the fish though…have you noticed a decrease/increase yet in strength or anything since you’ve been eating 2500kcals? [/quote]

with bent over rows i go til i hit my torso pretty much, its been tough to judge whether or not i’ve had a decrease in strength with certain lifts because

the day after i started this diet i went to see a physio about a recurring problem with my right shoulder and got told to take it easier, he said i’d have to build up to benching 100kg+ again. some lifts have gone up, while others have remained similar.

the worst thing i have endured since going on this cut is these weird fucking dream every night, but ah well. i’m not stopping until i get a 6 pack

20/7, was taking a picture of my rash too show someone, took this aswell, i think it shows progress

21.7.08, todays pictures was feeling bloated after breakfast didn’t really feel like posing lol, uni starts back tomorrow and I’m going to check out the uni gym and do some cardio.

My mum who was against this since the start up until last weekend made her first comment and mentioned I’ve lost quite a bit of weight…Since I cant really see my back I cant really comment, but she said it was a lot more defined and looks a lot better, also I’m noticing more veins on my arms so I’m guessing that this diet is actually working

Three more pics left, last pic will be the rash that has kept coming back every morning for the past week almost :(, I’m eliminating certain foods and seeing where it leads…yesterday I cut out diet soft drinks…

Today cutting out the protein bars and musashi protein drinks that i’ve been having aswell hopefully i dont wake up with another rash over my back

The rash thats been plaguing me lol… yesterday it was literally all over my back and down the sides of my legs, this morning there was just a bit of it on my arms

did an hour on the treadmill yesterday for punishing myself for mondays lackluster session due to ppl coming up for a chat, I would have been rude to them but they’re the people that give me a spot occasionally…

also there has been an influx of newbies at my gym, a few came up asking questions so i was more than glad to help them as it stops them from curling in the squat rack and making other newbie mistakes which will lead to me lodging a 5kg dumbbell in the back of their head…

my body is pretty tired tonight will be a fair relaxed session in relation to the weights being used and i’ll destroy myself on friday

tonights session

military press(my shoulder has been feeling great so i’d thought i’d give it a shot

bar x12
40kgx10
50kgx8
55kgx8
60kgx2

• bit disappointed with only getting 2 with 60kg but happy that my shoulder wasnt hurting

one arm lat pull down

30kgx8
50kgx8x2
60kgx5x2

slight incline smith machine bench

80kgx10
100kgx10
120kgx5

bent over rows

60kgx8
90kgx8
100kgx8
105kgx5x3

smith machine squats(havent done these in ages, was ass to calf every rep

40kgx30
60kgx20x2
80kgx15

– was a bit more of a cardio sesh lol

lunges

40kgx8
40kgx12x2
55kgx10

—legs were fucked, had to lay on the ground for a bit, going to do these x2 a week i reckon they’re great

did some pushdowns

then planks

for shits an giggles, weighed myself 98kg, after having a litre of water and wearing tracksuit pants with belt and itouch in pocket(generally wear just basketball shorts, singlet and shoes

should be interesting too see saturdays weigh in, getting closer to my goal of 90kg, i’m hoping that my love handles disperse soon

been kinda depressed lately, dunno why i’m thinking the lack of carbs may be a contributing factor…who knows a lot has been on my mind (future and people that used to be in my life)

Official weight as of the 26.7.08 97.5kg that means I’m halfway to my goal of 90kg… did a cycle class this morning found it pretty easy though even with full tension…going to have a carb up day monday too ‘reboot’ my metabolism

another picture last night weights session was pretty good i’ve been told i can go back too heavy weights some highlights of last nights session

incline bench

60kgx12
70kgx10
80kgx8
85kgx6
90kgx3
100kgx3
60kgx12

chin ups

bwx8
bw+10kgx5
bw+20kgx5
bw+20kgx3x2
bwx10

military press

40kgx8
50kgx6
55kgx3x5
40kgx12

rest was just mucking around as i cbf doing much worked 22 hours the last 2 days had 100 grams of carbs before and during my workout, without it i doubt i would have made it out my house

For the people still reading this thread…its officially been 4 weeks since i’ve begun this journey, haven’t missed one workout, haven’t cheat once…today 28.7.08 is cheat day…sticking too clean carbs no junk food, nor full strength coke

here is a one month comparison

i’ve lost 7.5kg in a month…hoping this carb up will reboot my system…

i’m taking 2 weeks off HOT-ROX, then back on…upping exercise too twice a day(if its a weights day, cardio in the morning on an empty stomach(taking the dog for a walk)) if its a cardio day, cardio in the morning take the dog for a walk at night

official weight as of 2.8.08

95.7kg…pictures too come next week