Jackson’s Training Log

First time doing a log in a long time! Ready for the challenge!

Here we go. Photos are taken which is always humbling and a little bit ugh at the same time. I feel like I always look better than I really do and this sure shows it. But, it’s a challenge so I’m going to embrace it. Here are my measurements as well.

Chest: 42”
Waist: 35”
Belly: 36.25”
Legs: 23 L and 22.5 R
Upper arms: 14.5 L and 14.5 R
Calves: 14 L and 14.5 R

1 Like

Weighed in this morning at 182.6. I will be eating 3500 calories today which is about 500 over what I’ve done in the past. I’m aiming for a 50/25/25 macro split, carbs, protein, fat respectively.

Today will be workout 1 which I’ll do later.

Workout 1 done and man was it brutal. Reminds me of 30-10-30 and being gassed in general. Minor weight adjustments but overall good. I’ll take a photo tonight to track progress. Here’s my weights that I do with the adjustment if needed

Thighs

Leg extension - 70lbs
Leg curl - 70 lbs (80 next time)
Leg extension- 70 lbs

Leg press - 2 plates and too heavy! 45/25
Leg extension - 60 lbs (50) next week
Leg curl - 50 (60 next week)

Leg extension - 50lbs

Lats

BB row - 135 (145 next week)
Darden Pullover - 40
Supinated pulldown - 130 (150 next week)

Darden pullover - 40 (35 next week)

Darden pullover - 40 (35 next week)

Triceps

Press down - 40 (tall lat pulldown) (50 next week)
Push ups (no dips) - bodyweight elbows in
Press down - 50

1DB overhead extension - 35 (30 next week)
1DB overhead extension 30 (25 next week)

1DB overhead extension - 35 (30 next week)

Forearms

Seated BB curl - bar
Reverse seated BB curl - bar
Standing reverse curl - bar

Seated BB curl - bar

Seated BB curl - bar

Weighed in at 182.9 this am. I was up peeing twice probably from my last dose of Surge which I had about 75 minutes before bed. I’m going to push it out to an hour and a half to see if that helps.

Triceps are super sore and lats are a little sore as well. Quads feel good but I can tell I worked them forearms aren’t as sore as I anticipated. I’m ready to tackle workout two.

I will say eating 3,500 calories right now is tough. I eat 4 large meals a day and may need to break it up a little more. Getting 500g of carbs in a day with 220 protein and 100 fat is tough. But it will get easier.

Weighed in at 184.9 this morning. Workout two is today. My third workout of the week will land on Saturday. I’ll do my best to get everything done with the timing because I’ll be training in my garage with my three kids home. Also I don’t have a leg press so I’ll have to be creative with that.

Feeling pretty hungry lately and getting 3,500 calories down. I’ll start to increase when I can. I also plan to take photos after my Saturday workout for the super pump effect! And, my triceps are killing me today! Still super sore.

Just finished workout #2 and it was brutal. Specifically the stimulate portion for biceps. I started with 20’s and moved to 15’s and my arms couldn’t handle all reps. I will likely start with 15’s next time and ride it out with those. Great pump in the shoulders. I will have to do some modification due to equipment issues. Here’s the workout and my weights.

Shoulders

Overhead bar hang - BW
DB lateral - 20’s (move to 25’s)
DB upright row - 25 (felt weird but never done them)

BB press - 65 (down to 60)
DB lateral - 15
Farmers walk - 80’s
BB shrug - 135 (gym crowded so opted for BB)

DB lateral - 15 (move to 20’s)

Lats

BB row - 145 good weight
Pullover - 40
Supinated pulldown - 145

Pullover - 35

Pullover - 30

Biceps

Narrow BB curl - 65
Chin - BW and got 6 reps
Wide BB curl - 65 (down to 55)

DB Zottman curl
DB hammer curl
DB curl

Biceps were smoked. Started with 20’s and then 15’s. It was brutal and I couldn’t complete all reps. I will do 15’s and stay there focusing on feeling the muscle and not getting caught up that it’s 15 lb dumbbells

DB curl or bands - I did bands and it felt great

Calves

Seated calf raise - 2 plates (move to 2 plates+25)
Standing calf raise - free weight no machine 135 (go up to 185)
Bent over calf raise - I did bodyweight and focused on squeezing

No leg curl available so I didn’t DB RDL 30’s
Standing calf raise - 135

Standing calf raise - 135

Weighed in this am at 185.6. My weight is gradually increasing which has always been a struggle for me. I’ve been skinny my whole life, not weighing over 100 pounds until I was about 16 years old.

My triceps are still sore today. I have some bicep soreness, a little calf soreness and a little shoulder soreness. I was hungry when I woke up so I know my appetite is ramping up and my body wants nutrients.

Rest day today and then I’ll do workout 3 tomorrow. I also plan on taking Sunday off and starting working 4 on Monday to get back to a MWF schedule which I prefer.

Weight 185.1. Workout 3 today.

Tough workout today especially when I got to legs. I’ll post the workout tonight but here is a picture post workout about 5 hours.

Tough workout today. I started drinking surge about 1.5 hours from breakfast so I was a little full. Plus I worked out in my garage where it was quite hot which took a toll on my. Chest went well and biceps went better. I still couldn’t complete all reps in the stimulate section even with 15lbs dumbbells. Maybe I’ll mix some bands in there or take 10 seconds rest which I know isn’t recommended. Triceps went good and I have a dip attachment here so I was glad to be able to do dips. Legs sucked. I was pretty tired when I got to them and tried to do do squats for the first three. I was wiped, almost threw up and was just plain tired. Lastly, I used fat gripz on chest pressing and BB bicep movements.

Workout 3

Chest

BB bench - 145
Bands fly - will do DB next time
Push-up - BW

BB bench - 115 only completed 7

BB bench - 115

Bicep

NG BB Curl - 55
Chins - BW completed all 8 and might have done 10
WG BB Curl - 55

DB Zottman curl - completed 9
DB Hammer Curl - completed 7ish
DB curl - completed 7ish

Banded curl

Triceps

Push down - 35 (homemade pulley system)
Dips - BW
Push down - 45

Overhead DB Ext - 30
Overhead DB Wxt - 25

Overhead DB Ext - 30

Legs - brutal

Squat wide stance - 135
Goblet squat narrow - 30lbs
Goblet squat medium - 30lbs

Goblet squat - 30lbs

Goblet squat - 30lbs

Completed workout in just under 25 minutes. That could have been why I was so gassed as well.

Weighed 186.1 this morning. Good soreness in my chest. My chest has always been my weakest part and the hardest body part for me to feel. I’m a shoulder and tricep dominant presser. I feel a slight cold bug coming on probably going around my house. Two of my kids have runny noses and coughs. Eating as good as I can to get rid of this sickness. I’m a little tired but that’s about it. Trying to get 8 hours of sleep a night with kids and just me in general is tough.

Weighed 185.8 this am. Doing workout 4 today to get me back ok MWF. Pre workout picture and then I’ll post a post workout and workout details.

Post workout flexed

Then not flexed

Weigh in this morning at 188.2. Weight steadily increasing and feeling some muscle fullness. Workout 5 is tomorrow!

2 Likes

I forgot to post workout 4 details so here they are. Keep on my mind this was workout out in my home gym where I have mostly what I need for this workout with a couple adaptations.

Triceps

Push down - 45 lbs on a home made cable pulley
Dips - BW
Bands - one red band per hand

Overhead DB press - 30
Overhead DB press - 25

Overhead DB press - 25

Lats

BB row - 145
Pullover - 40
Supinated pulldown - 45 way too light forgot to add weight

Pullover - 40 meant to do 35 grabbed wrong dumbbell

Pullover - 30

Forearms

Seated BB wrist curl with fat gripz - 55
Reverse seated BB curl - bar
Standing reverse BB curl - bar

Seated BB wrist curl - 55

Seated BB wrist curl - 55

Calves

Seated calves - two 70lbs dumbbells too light but heaviest I have
Standing calf raise - 185
Bent over calf raise with 44lb weight vest

Seated leg curl with two red bands toes pointed

Standing calf raise - 155

Workout time 25 minutes and 33 seconds

Weight today is 184.9 but I still feel fullness in my muscles so could be water fluctuations. Workout 5 is today!

Weigh this 187.5 this morning. I will update my log for the workout yesterday later tonight

Workout 5

Legs

Wide leg press - 2 plates + 25 top easy
Narrow leg press - same weight
Medium leg press - same weight

Goblet squat with 45’s - good weight

Goblet squat with 45’s - good weight and burned!

Chest

BB bench - 175
Banded fly busy gym
Push-up - BW

BB bench - 105 - still too heavy I got 9 reps

BB bench - 105 - too heavy I got about 8 seconds is all

Biceps

NG BB curls - 30DB’s because gym was crowded
Chin - BW
WG curls - 30’s felt good

DB Zottman curl
DB hammer curl
DB curl - 10’s on all due to 15’s being taken but at least completed it all this time!

Banded curl with red band

Forearms

Seated BB wrist curl - 55lbs
Reverse seated curl - bar
Standing reverse curl - bar

Seated BB wrist curl - 55lbs

Seated BB wrist curl - bar

Workout time of 23 minutes. All in all good except the gym started to fill up and people were using what I need. I’ll shoot for a different gym time tomorrow to complete workout 6

2 Likes

Workout 6. Weigh in at 187.

Thighs - extension and curl machine still broken

goblet squat - 70lbs
Banded curl
Goblet squat - 70lbs

Leg press - 1 plate + 25 plate
Goblet squat - 45lbs
Leg curl banded

Goblet squat - 45lbs

Shoulders

Overhead bar hang - 40 seconds
DB lateral - 25’s
DB upright row - 25’s

BB press - 55 (will move to 60)
DB lateral - 15’s and brutal
Farmers walk - 80’s
DB shrug - 70’s

DB lateral - 15’s

Calves

Seated calf raise - 1 plat and a 25
Bent over calf raise - BW

Banded leg curl toes pointed

Standing calf raise - 155

Chest

BB bench - 175
DB fly - 25’s
Push-up - BW

BB bench - 95

BB bench - 85 - still brutal but best chest workout so far

Workout time 28 minutes. Had some issues with equipment setup for calves which slowed me down and the AC is not working at the gym and I was dripping sweat