Jppage - How Do You Train?

I always think it’s interesting to hear more about the training/nutrition/lifting history of the more developed and experienced members here. Jppage, I really enjoy your opinions on a variety of topics and you’re very helpful, seem like a great guy overall, not to mention ripped as hell in your avitar picture! Care to share with us about your lifting history?

I’d definitely be interested too! Very helpful poster.

and from what I can tell from his avatar pic, despite trying to hide it with that sleeveless t-shirt, he looks to be sporting quite a balanced physique -lol.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
and from what I can tell from his avatar pic, despite trying to hide it with that sleeveless t-shirt, he looks to be sporting quite a balanced physique -lol.

S[/quote]

That as well of course!

Yup, definitely a well balanced lean physique!

That along with the fact how helpful and positive he is really does a lot to improve the forum, so share the secrets to the success?!

I’m in on this. A very helpful and humble guy it seems. Not to mention ripped to shreds.

Well I did not expect this at all,hell I’m just trying to figure this stuff out myself guys.Any way thanks for the comments etc.I’m working some pretty crazy hours at the moment but will get up some Info as soon as I can.

All right a little history.I started out lifting about 15 and didn’t know much like the rest of us.Got serious In my 20’s and did the one lift per day standard B/B rep ranges and trying to add weight to the bar when I could.Took a different trail after reading,researching all I could a landed on a split that had me alternating days back and forth for six days then sunday off.
Day-1
legs 5x4-6rps
shoulders 5x6-8
Tris 5x8-10

Day-2
chest 5x4-6
back 5x6-8
bis 5x8-10
I ran this for quite some time and even though It’s a simple no frills lay out,I contribute It for giving me a dense and solid base.I really fell In love with frequent heavier training because of this.I would take a deload every 4th week where reps were cut In half,sets stayed the same.Then I came across K-bells and Loved them.Nobody would know what I was talking about when I would mention them,Ya It was before they became popular.Regular weight training took a back seat and I would run K-bell complexes as my only lifts.My work capacity was threw the roof but It took a toll on my physique.I was ripped but stringy.I pretty much lost muscle and ran myself Into the ground at the end.I found TNation and lurked,followed the top posters and got back to actual weights again. Started to eat enough and put on some of the weight I lost using a legs-push-pull six days a week.All this time during the K-bell era and up to now My main lifts are In the evening, and cardio,moderate strength complexes etc are done In the mornings.I’ve always done some kind of twice per day training of some sort.The morning carido Is SS for the most part and the complexes are olympic/power type movements mostly.For quite some time now I’ve been running one form or another of CT’s layers with JM’s concepts thrown In.Pre-post pumps,bands etc.Still 6-7 days per week and Im really liking the different ways of running the layers.It has pretty much has all the ways I like to train .Ramping to a certain %, hitting heavy cluster sets and then finishing with multple rep ranges.Well that took longer than I thought haha.I need to grab some eats before I feast on my hand guys.Thanks again for showing some interest,even though there’s a ton of other guys I would rather here from onTNation than myself.I will go Into diet,nutrition a little tomorrow If there’s and Interest.Any questions you might have feel free to put them out there.

Thanks for taking the time to write about your training man, very interesting! I’ve never really heard much about the type of split you use…so do you just pick one main exercise for each muscle that you’re training that day, rotating exercises each day since you hit each muscle so often? I’d be interested in giving your split a go for a change of pace, I think I’d benefit from emphasizing strength a little more

pwolves no problem.Do you want to know about the layer set up etc.that I’m running now,or the simple 2day split that I ran quite a few years ago.

I was referring to the 2 day split that you attribute much of your base to

I’d like to see some more pics of your physique man. Looking lean.

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
I was referring to the 2 day split that you attribute much of your base to[/quote]
Man sorry It took so long pwolves.Been very busy with work/moving etc.It really Is as simple as I wrote above.I went back and forth alternating the 2 days and would switch the lift I would do for that body part when I felt the need.
day-1
legs=squat
shoulders=OH clean and press
tris=push downs or skull crushers

day-2
chest=Incline or flat bench
back=deads mostly or t-bar rows,pendlay rows
bis=straight bar or DB curls

I contribute My gains from this set up with the frequency,training heavy and I never went to failure.By cutting my volume every 3rd week In half I think really helped as well.This set up was missing exercises for lats and total delt growth for sure.When I switched to a legs/push/pull set up It took care of that problem.But for getting a good solid base this worked very well for me.It was simple no thinking required set up.I didn’t write the sets/reps again but there In my original post.Anything I missed just let me know pwolves.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
I’d like to see some more pics of your physique man. Looking lean. [/quote]
Thanks spidey.

jppage, I really like this routine. it’s incredibly simple but effective. I plan on doing something like this in the early fall.