Journey To Pythagorean Perfection

[quote]late2thegame wrote:
Holy shit, has it really been that long since I updated my log? Looks like I need to get back to basics here on T-Nation and get back to updating my log.

Well, I still haven’t hit Pythagorean perfection. My bench still isn’t there although I’ve had some valid distractions along the way.

For one, I had plates removed from my left arm last September

Second, I tried crossfit for a few months at the beginnig of this year and that set me back BIG TIME. That shit just doesn’t work for folks who have great strength already. It took me 4 months to regain what I lost doing that bullshit.

Anyway, I do have 2 out of 3. I finally did a PL meet a few weeks back and I squatted 450 and deadlifted 550 at a BW of 194. I had a 1290 total and am looking for 1400 in my next meet.

Anyway, looking forward to reconnecting with old friends and hopefully being an inspiration to others here on the board.

Good to see you all again!

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_strength/my_first_meet_5[/quote]

No shame in a shitty bench especially when it’s not that shitty. At least that’s what I keep telling myself. Your other two numbers are great and I’d take a big squat and dead over a big bench any day. Great job at the meet.

Your goals are well within your means and you aren’t that far off. Betting we see bigger numbers fast from you.

Sep-14-2013

Squat day (my favorite of the week)

Been using the SSB lately as I find it strengthens my upper back quite a bit. I’ll change over to straight bar 4-6 weeks out from my next meet. Had a great session today, felt pretty strong. Stayed away from any volume today though as my back was still a little sore from deadliting on Tuesday.

Loking forward to my deload week now.

Warmup:
SSB X 8 X 2
130 X 5
190 X 5
240 X 5
285 X 5

Work:
355 X 5
400 X 3
450 X 1

Vid of 450:

Nice work on the SSB !

What gym is that?

Thanks Fischer613. The gym is called Twin City Barbell Club. It’s a club that has uninterrupted history going back to the 1930’s. Great bunch of guys…

Great SSB squat, you made it look easy.

Sep-16

Deload week begins but that doesn’t mean easy by any stretch!

MP:
Bar X 10
80 X 5
100 X 5
120 X 5

Prowler Sprints:
12 X 40yd with 2 plates all out effort.

Felt good except for the biofreeze I put on to loosen up my lower back. Note to self, it doesn’t feel very good after your sweat spreads it around. Enuff said…

Biofreeze and sweat…ouch! Done that trick myself…that and wiped my eye after applying it to my knees…awesome!

Great work, keep banging it L2tG!

that SSB squat looked great!

Skip the Bio Freeze in favor of equine blue lotion for loosening muscles prior to working out. Works much better in combination with sweat.

Sep ? 17

Deadlift Deload
135 X 5
240 X 5
295 X 5
355 X 5

In and out, short and sweet. Just the way I like it! 

DBlaser ? I have some of the equine blue from Elite and to be honest, I don?t find it does much for me. Nice warm burn for about 5 minutes and gone?. The biofreeze seems to last longer for me.

I get mine from a horse tack shop so they may be different brands, mine seems to keep the area warm for around a half hour. Never tried biofreeze to compare.

Sep - 20

Bench Deload:

Bar X 5
125 X 5
155 X 5
190 X 5

Feeling less beat up, looking forward to getting back to manly weights next week. Deload IS WONDERFUL once you get past the idea of lifting sissy weights. :slight_smile:

Sep ? 24 ? Squat Day

Pressed for time, only warmups and work sets today. No volume or assistance.

Warmup:
Bar X 5
135 X 5
195 X 5
240 X 5
290 X 5

Work:
315 X 5
360 X 5
410 X 5

Time to resurrect my thread from the dead.

My next meet is on June-14th and I’m shooting for an elite total for my age.

Target is 1475 and current lifts are as follows:

Bench = 330
Squat = 490
Deadlift = 585

That’s 1405, I need to find 70 pounds by June, time to get my ass in gear.

Wish me luck…

I should also add, it looks like I’ll be competing at 220 in my next meet. I was able ot cut down to 198 last time but I don’t think that’s happening this time around as my BW is a solid 210-212 consistently. Not looking to do down 14 pounds for the meet…

11.5 weeks out from meet.

Switched program to Westside in an attempt to get my goal numbers for June.

Max Effort Lower:

Safety Squat Bar Box Squats (Below Parallel)
Bar X 2 X 6

Add 90# Chains
170 X 5
220 X 5
260 X 3
310 X 3
350 X 2
440 X 2
460 X 1
475 X 1
490 X 1

Rack Pulls (Lowest Pin Setting)
315 X 5
405 X 5
495 X 3
585 X 2
635 X 1

GHR 3 X 8

Reverse Hypers
3 X 10, 6 plates

Adios, that’s all for today folks!

What meet you doing? 70 lb. Sheesh.

You gotta change your log title since you have exceeded Pythagoras.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
What meet you doing? 70 lb. Sheesh.

You gotta change your log title since you have exceeded Pythagoras.[/quote]

kpsnap - RPS: Back Yard Bash in NC. Yeah, 70 is a lot but I think Westside can get me there if I train hard. Roger that on the title. I’ll need to think of something catchy, any ideas? :slight_smile:

Tu - Dynamic Upper

Bench for speed @ 50% with chains
10 X 3 X 175# - Explosive reps

OHP - 3 X 8 X 160# with Fat Grips

BW Dips / Heavy Band Pushdowns for speed - superstted

4 X 25 (100 total each)