T Nation

Journey to 700

Wassup yall…I’m a 181 lbs powerlifter looking to get a 700lb squat and deadlift sometime in the near future. The vids are of me squatting 625 and deadlifting 620 this past February. Wish me luck and constructive criticism is welcome!

sorry forgot to attach the other vid lol

currently having technical difficulties with the other video, it will be up eventually

Great lifting there man. You’ll get the 700 for sure. It’s just gonna take some time and hard work.

Technique looks sound

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Great lifting there man. You’ll get the 700 for sure. It’s just gonna take some time and hard work.[/quote]

appreciate it my dude

Speed doesn’t seem an issue but more wouldn’t hurt. It’ll make heavier weight feel lighter. What does your training look like?

Good luck. Squat looks great!
Were you 181lbs in this video?

_Queen

@melanieamber12 Im usually 181 but i gained lots of water weight and got up to 193…but i felt too bloated and am back down now

oh, and AWESOME DEADLIFT.
perfect.
Hope I get past 400 some day :slight_smile:

_Queen

[quote]melanieamber12 wrote:
Good luck. Squat looks great!
Were you 181lbs in this video?

_Queen[/quote]
I think it said 193 in the vid. It wasn’t too clear though.

I was right :slight_smile:

[quote]melanieamber12 wrote:
oh, and AWESOME DEADLIFT.
perfect.
Hope I get past 400 some day :slight_smile:

_Queen[/quote]
There’s no reason why you couldn’t.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Speed doesn’t seem an issue but more wouldn’t hurt. It’ll make heavier weight feel lighter. What does your training look like?[/quote]

yea i think you’re right…right now I dont really have much of a plan i just make sure I get my main lifts in during the week and throw in random assistance work like chains, leg press, and good mornings (not all in one session tho). Usually i do one main lift and on, maybe 2 assistance exercises a session.

Awesome job.

How tall are you? Also, what’s your training history like and how’d you get started in powerlifting?

I’ve been really focusing on speed/explosiveness on my lifts this past 5-6 weeks and it’s starting to become noticeable. I can feel the difference in my heavier sets, but I still need more for it to make a considerable difference. I’ve also started to really put a lot of focus on good mornings. My PC needs it :slight_smile:

Mate that was awe inspiring, looking forward to you reaching 700, you’ll kill it soon enough, awesome form as well, looks sound, great lifts.

What’s your bench look like btw?

[quote]theuofh wrote:
Awesome job.

How tall are you? Also, what’s your training history like and how’d you get started in powerlifting?[/quote]

Thank you sir! well i started powerlifting in 10th grade (2004) and went thru my senior year, then took 2 years off all types of training. in 2009 i got into bodybuilding and competed in the 2010mr natural philidelphia and placed 5th in my weight class (i weighed 158lbs). later that year i returned to powerlifting and have done 4 competitions since last september. my next one is the wnpf world championships in november. btw im 5’8

[quote]rambodian wrote:
Mate that was awe inspiring, looking forward to you reaching 700, you’ll kill it soon enough, awesome form as well, looks sound, great lifts.[/quote]

thanks alot mate! although it doesnt sound half as cool with my american accent lolol